• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • INT-

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • IST-

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters
Any classification system that bases its metrics solely on the subjective opinions of its test subjects is irrelevant to the advancement of science, and must therefore be ignored. MBTI is one such system.
Sadly, a few of my past employers have used the MBTI system as a tool for screening new hires.

They may as well use astrology, casting of lots (rolling dice), numerology, Ouija boards, phrenology, tarot cards, or some other flim-flam system used by fakers and frauds like storefront psychics and such.

"Oh, no! Your natal chart indicates Venus, Mars, and Jupiter in trine! We can't hire you as our Chief Engineering Manager unless we commit a blood sacrifice at the next new moon, and we're fresh out of pigs! But don't worry, we'll keep your résumé on file should our situation change..."

Newton believed in alchemy what can I say. You cannot single handedly change The world I tried one industry and plant at a time. I think I now now how gravity works, not in a big hurry to get it out there, like my quiet life the way it is.

Last edited:
Introverted people are subjective like you said, and Corona lockdown happened based on Extroverted reasons. Yet for extroverted reasons Society opened up the Caranteen because they wanted to. They embraced death Corona symbolized.

The first and most important lesson to learn from MBTI is that we are all different. Introverted are more reflected because they introspect. It is thanks to introspection higher competence is achieved.

Introverted people are subjective like you said....
I never said that.
...Corona lockdown happened based on Extroverted reasons....
Evidence, please?
... Yet for extroverted reasons Society opened up the Caranteen because they wanted to. They embraced death Corona symbolized...
Please explain, with links to supportive evidence.
... The first and most important lesson to learn from MBTI is that...
... there is no scientific basis to support it.

I never said that.
Right. You didn't. Dr. A. J. Drenth in his book True Type said that.

Introverted ARE sujective subjects.

Godwilling i'm correct

Last edited:
I tried to be as unbiased as I could when answering.
INTP-T Logician
I'll try to be "teacher" and not sit at the fence like we say i Norway.

I myself am INFP, the thing called the shadow of INFP is ENFJ, ENFJ is the one called teacher.

INFP plus INTP are both iNtuitive, you recognize their "temperament" by their two middle letters (NF temperament or NT temperament). There are 4 tempraments.

I have this idea that ___P types are flexible as a Martial Artists (as many ASD?), litterally like a Ninja, and ___J are strong (like bodybuilders). Since we are iNtuitives we take that with a grain of salt, we take that Abstractly.

Edit: The Four Temperaments this Psychology thing
Edit2: Scroll down to the table for quick overview

Last edited:
I am INTP. However my sister is ISTJ, and has high autistic traits. Neither of us is diagnosed. I like Myers Briggs, it's comforting to see how it fits the full spectrum of ND and NT. We are all on it.

It's based on Jung's ideas, extended and interpreted by the authors. This means that it emerged before awareness of brain difference. Having varied brains in humanity doesn't seem all that surprising though. Nature is full of variation.
Post 4 in this thread

It was a mother and daughter did research many years ago I noticed the connection mathematically with colour control years ago that got me interested. Sort of like string theory may just be beautiful math or coincident.
I'm currently following a DNA mystery gave up on this years ago. psychology has many issues and a lot is plan wrong so don't walk away to fast just because the educated people say its nonsense it may not be.

Last edited:
whether or not a natural extrovert STAYS extroverted depends highly on their environment, as well. I was an extroverted child, as was my oldest son, but I became introverted, as did he, LARGELY as a result of having our autistic nature received negatively/met with criticism as we aged. ...
Me and @Cryptid talked recently here on "Extroverted Science" vs. Subjective (Introverted) views. Notice @rollerskate use the word natural in conjuntion with extrovert.

I see why Unity is Important as Autism is called Unity (توحد) in Arabic. And Unity will be more rightly home with Science and tangible Reality. However there's an un-tangible Reality too. This split also gives us Extroverted and Introverted. e.g. It is my subjective view bacterias (or even som thoughts) are sometimes unvisible, and deadly enemies to our health.

I'm an INFP.
The MBTI was a lifesaver when nobody could accept me for who I was and expected me to change to suit them.
It helped me feel less overwhelmed by other people and to understand myself better. I used it for self-development and to mediate with others as necessary.

The commonality is the Te function in an introverted type.
INTJ and ISTJ have Te as their secondary preference.
As an INFP, my Te is very well developed even though it was originally my weakest regular function. I bet if I work on my Si I can even myself out, but that's easier said than done, since it's a more unconscious function.
I guess it's that time. :\

Last edited:
I'm an INFP.
The MBTI was a lifesaver when nobody could accept me for who I was and expected me to change to suit them.
It helped me feel less overwhelmed by other people and to understand myself better. I used it for self-development and to mediate with others as necessary.

The commonality is the Te function in an introverted type.
INTJ and ISTJ have Te as their secondary preference.
As an INFP, my Te is very well developed even though it was originally my weakest regular function. I bet if I work on my Si I can even myself out, but that's easier said than done, since it's a more unconscious function.
I guess it's that time. :\
How? How is the commonality Te is in an Introverted type? Do you mean aside from jargon that, the introverted is reflected thinking creature and can be trusted with Te?

I have not been diagnosed as autistic so I did not answer the poll, but I do relate to a number of autistic traits and I am an INFP. I think your theories make a lot of sense.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an alleged assessment of one's personality type -- whatever that means. It aims to classify how individuals view the world through a questionnaire, categorizing people based on four different dichotomies. It was developed by a mother-and-daughter team (Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers) who had no formal education in any subject-related fields, but had a personal interest in Carl Jung's "Personality Types" and wanted to make them accessible to a wide audience as a tool for self-discovery. Despite its widespread use in business (particularly in human resources departments), MBTI is widely recognized as pseudoscience (e.g., false science) among reputable psychologists.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an alleged assessment of one's personality type -- whatever that means. It aims to classify how individuals view the world through a questionnaire, categorizing people based on four different dichotomies. It was developed by a mother-and-daughter team (Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers) who had no formal education in any subject-related fields, but had a personal interest in Carl Jung's "Personality Types" and wanted to make them accessible to a wide audience as a tool for self-discovery. Despite its widespread use in business (particularly in human resources departments), MBTI is widely recognized as pseudoscience (e.g., false science) among reputable psychologists.
I've had a lot of interaction with HR functions in business over the years. It's deeply troubling how easily they take on pseudo-science as tools. I've seen major decisions and programs based on concepts that have little evidence to back them up. I'd even suggest that the people who gravitate towards HR as a profession might have a tendency towards believing this sort of stuff.

People who gravitate toward careers in HR seem to take only HASS courses. Thus, they may have little or no exposure to real science or to critical thinking, and may be prone to accepting any woo-woo fad as valid.

I once missed out on getting hired because the examiner thought I had cheated on my MBTI questionnaire -- I had somehow scored in the exact middle of the chart. Sorta like when one of my military promotions was delayed 6 months because some bureaucrat at the Pentagon assumed I had cheated because I had aced the promotion exam.

Exhibit any characteristics outside the parameters of 'normal' expectations and someone will make trouble for you.

Wiki: Pseudoscience consists of statements, beliefs, or practices that claim to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method ... It is not the same as junk science.

Dude, you're appearently a bot. If i liked you i would have put interested reading effort in your words. But you tell me, why should i like you? When you talked with advanced words with zero coherence.

Edit: Do you know what the scientific method? We had this one method in school.

1713988117054.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude, you're appearently a bot.
Dude, I am not a bot. I am a 67-year old retired Electrical Engineer with a Master's Degree and over 45 years experience in the STEM fields.

Your diagram of the Scientific Method is actually the Pseudo-Scientific method, and is therefore incorrect. This is the correct form:
iu

Note the difference. Science is self-correcting, while pseudo-science is merely self-supporting.

Another way of depicting the contrast is as follows:

iu

Now, since you have nothing useful to impart to my scientific knowledge and understanding, I am adding you to my 'Ignore' list. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:
I've had a lot of interaction with HR functions in business over the years. It's deeply troubling how easily they take on pseudo-science as tools. I've seen major decisions and programs based on concepts that have little evidence to back them up. I'd even suggest that the people who gravitate towards HR as a profession might have a tendency towards believing this sort of stuff.
One of the saddest things I ever saw in an HR office was one of those "Magic 8-Ball" toys sitting on the HR manager's desk.

New Threads

Top Bottom