• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Really, Really Sorry

you people still dont get it.... its satire. humorous. not meant to be taken seriously at all. even the writers outright admitted that they are doing it for fun, not to be mean or cruel or anything.

its pretty bad that, i, the most hardliner person against jokes, recognize it for that it is: a joke. nothing more.

i just have a different opinion. since the NT's are the ones who are common, and us aspies who are rare, its pretty obviously a non normal way of brain functioning, hence, abnormal. its even classified as a mental illness, which further demostrates that its not at all normal. you might not think its wrong, and indeed, for many high functioning aspies, nothing is wrong. but, all of us aren't so lucky.
Technically, High Functioning Autism is classified as a developmental disorder, not a mental illness. I concede your point that this society, full of NTs, sees Aspergers (and therefore Aspies) as being abnormal; however, I reject their assertion. I refuse to let them define me this way. What good does it do for any of us Aspies to accept those labels of mentally ill, abnormal and disordered? None, whatsoever.

The point I'm trying to make is sure, something is wrong, but what's wrong isn't Aspies, per se. What's wrong is the way people treat us for being different. Yes, that often brings us a whole lot of trouble in our lives, but what good does it do to blame ourselves for those troubles that come our way all too frequently? None.

Surely you don't think YOU'RE wrong just because your brain is uniquely wired, do you? God made you this way. God, by definition, is not capable of being wrong. Therefore, you are unique, one-of-a-kind and wonderfully made! Be thankful for that, even in the face of adversity.

Surely you don't think YOU'RE wrong just because your brain is uniquely wired, do you? God made you this way. God, by definition, is not capable of being wrong. Therefore, you are unique, one-of-a-kind and wonderfully made! Be thankful for that, even in the face of adversity.

considering the amount of problems i suffered and went through, jsut because of it..... yeah, i believe there's something wrong with it, because even other aspies have trouble accepting me, to the point where i suppressed most of it, just to keep the peace. i am not thankful for it, and i am not proud of it.

its satire. humorous. not meant to be taken seriously at all. even the writers outright admitted that they are doing it for fun, not to be mean or cruel or anything.
For fun, making fun of people for fun??? How do explain the photos of very real people on the Spectrum that they used "for fun". Sick form of fun, if you ask me.

considering the amount of problems i suffered and went through, jsut because of it..... yeah, i believe there's something wrong with it, because even other aspies have trouble accepting me, to the point where i suppressed most of it, just to keep the peace. i am not thankful for it, and i am not proud of it.
You look like you're fitting in pretty well in this thread to me. I, for one, have no trouble accepting you. Does anyone else in this thread beside me think that Mathalamus is awesome?

Much as I am intrigued by OP's definition of monster, there is a thing you all seemed to ignore.

You'd take the Cure for Autism™ as long as it is not in vaccine form? The beliefs this betrays must cause quite a paradox coupled with that statement.

Much as I am intrigued by OP's definition of monster, there is a thing you all seemed to ignore.

You'd take the Cure for Autism™ as long as it is not in vaccine form? The beliefs this betrays must cause quite a paradox coupled with that statement.

mainly because its impossible to have a vaccine (which is usually a weaker version of a virus or something) for a brain disorder?

mainly because its impossible to have a vaccine (which is usually a weaker version of a virus or something) for a brain disorder?

No. Mainly because people who are against vaccines believe that vaccines cause autism.

you people still dont get it.... its satire. humorous. not meant to be taken seriously at all. even the writers outright admitted that they are doing it for fun, not to be mean or cruel or anything.

its pretty bad that, i, the most hardliner person against jokes, recognize it for that it is: a joke. nothing more.

Don't assume that satire is just for fun, its not.

The origins of satire are political, and it can and does influence peoples beliefs and actions.

As for freedom of speech; "Hero's defend it and cowards hide behind it".

I personally think it is irrelevant if that parody website is funny, fiction or lame to each person here, or with good or bad intention or not, or if one personally got upset or not, as there will be many other persons too who view that information that will get very upset and not know what is true or not, so accept much of that as true, in terms of what that webpage says how one with such a condition thinks, feels and acts.

I am not talking just about persons that may take things literally and believe what they see and hear as always true, but even those who do not know anything about Aspergers could think that was mostly true. Heck, even I, who analyzes everything and understands all language, am left wondering what is true in that sight and not, as they mix some truths in with much fiction.

So, in reality, although some persons can laugh at that stuff, I am thinking, "What is really so funny about it?" if many persons here or in society viewing that would have a worse image of either themselves or those with Aspergers after reading it? What next? More bullying, more stereotyping, more criticisms, and more rejections from others? And more self-hatred?

Like it or not, even many of the nicest, most caring and wisest of persons will not be able to get some of that distorted untrue imagery, generalizations and the fiction parts out of their head. So, my recommendation is for persons here not to dismiss the harm of that information, as it does belittle those with Aspergers regardless of truth, and it may seem insensitive to those here that are offended by such, regardless of that website authors intention. I thought many on the Spectrum prided themselves on the facts and the truth, as it was a part of their makeup, and being different than NTs like that? Well, why support those lies and laugh it off then?

Riley maybe thought that was largely the truth about Aspergers, from reading those or other distortions in life, so to her maybe that monster statement was because of believing all the lies, not really a critique at any here or really how she could have earlier felt. That proves the harm of such sites. I was offended and I may not even have ASD. How many others here or elsewhere could too feel worse, or others then without Aspergers want to hate or generalize more, after reading such? Yes, the words "Encyclopedia Dramatica" tells most persons that fiction is to follow, and lots of the content too obviously shows humor attempt, but do not assume everyone with conditions or without conditions sees that humor and can separate the truth and fiction. Entertainment is more important than harming someone, just for a laugh?

In my opinion, put the blame where it belongs: on the sick person(s) who create those webpages. If one wants humor when involving anyone with a condition, at most poke fun about them privately if need be, but to the masses? Or better yet, poke fun at themselves. Use humor in other ways. Make fun of some fruit, or whatever. No need to in a public poke fun at a group of persons to elevate themselves or the rest. And again, I feel it is not even relevant if one was not offended reading that webpage. For instance, let's say someone was abused. Should we say that abuse from the perpetrator is ok then, if the victim did not see it as abuse? So, what is the difference?

Stereotyping, based on race, condition, age, gender, etc., whether using humor and some truths or not, is improper, as there are many who will not fit that stereotype. Of course some persons cannot help but do so, if they have a genetic or neurological condition that makes that needed, but for those others who do it either for laughs, to build themselves up, or cause more prejudice, discrimination and hatred, stop complaining then when they too get bullied, criticized or rejected in life one day from that supposedly innocent humor from sarcasm, lies and stereotyping. They should find or create their entertainment elsewhere, and put those few minutes of time instead of laughing at those with conditions, but helping someone with that condition instead.

Last edited:
It's also not common to have an IQ over 150, but it would hardly be classified as a mental illness, unless, of course, the person with such an IQ were an aspie.

My point is that autism, in itself, is only classified as a mental illness because it is not common to the majority. If most people had brains that functioned in that way, it would be the so-called "NTs" who would be considered to have a "mental illness" or a "disability".

I was about to say something similar. "Normal" people , if you define that as having an IQ in the middle of the Normal distribution, have an IQ of 100. Think about it. Now, I'm not Einstein, but I'm 30 or 35 points above average or "normal".

I also have many positive qualities, that are not normal in the "normal" population. Like, O, empathy and compassion.

So do I want to be normal? No.So you can shove that where the sun don't shine.

I can totally understand wanting to be considered normal.....however you want to define it.
I spent 67 years trying to be 'normal'. And suffering chronic depression, anxiety and insomnia as a result.
Now that I understand my brain works differently to other peoples' my life finally makes some sense.

But now I've started the process of getting a formal diagnosis, my psych seems to think (not confirmed yet) that I may be 'sub clinical' for a diagnosis of ASD.
So now I find myself in the unenviable position of probably not being autistic ENOUGH!

So I'm DEFINITELY neurodiverse, NOT NT..... but apparently not autistic enough to be officially diagnosed Aspie!

Right now I'd give anything to properly fit in SOMEWHERE! :(

O and don't call us monsters and our community a politically correct joke, and then say you're Really Really Sorry because you ****ing aren't.:mad:

O and don't call us monsters and our community a politically correct joke, and then say you're Really Really Sorry because you ****ing aren't.:mad:

calm down. she did apologize... if she wasnt sorry, she wouldnt have apologized.

Whether it is supposed to be satire or whatever, it is just hateful. What are they supposed to be satirising anyway? Wikipedia? If it's supposed to be funny, it's just not. Not the entry on aspergers nor any other page on the site. It is not creative, artistic, or clever. It's just moronic, distasteful, and offensive, and I am not easily offended. Also, if they are putting up photos of people (e.g. Jason) without their permission, that is illegal and most likely actionable. They CANNOT purport to be journalists and post hateful material like that.

There are several spoof news websites in existence that are actually clever and funny, but that is NOT one of them. It is not provocative at all. It does not make people think or discuss anything. It just makes people feel bad.
I agree. I think there is no justification whatsoever for satirizing ASD. Especially when the world is full of misunderstanding and myths about it to begin with. Anyways, I should stop following and replying to this thread. This was just click-bait trolling drama in it's own way.

Eh, good. I wrote this in one of my easily-influenced moods. It's why Mom's banned me from Let's Not Meet. You guys get on outta here and enjoy yourselves. Sorry for bothering ya. And for what I said.

well, that's why i didn't really take it all seriously, and ignored all the bad stuff. :D

Eh, good. I wrote this in one of my easily-influenced moods. It's why Mom's banned me from Let's Not Meet. You guys get on outta here and enjoy yourselves. Sorry for bothering ya. And for what I said.
Riley, I just discovered you are only sixteen! That explains a lot and I don't mean that rudely. You are an adolescent in a very confusing, frightening, and frenzied time. The world is difficult to navigate for those who are wired "normal", id est, NT's let alone us on the Spectrum. I hope over time you will develop self-acceptance, self-love, along with empathy for the plight of others. And know what's okay within certain circles and not whats okay. Give it time; God knows I was outrageous at your age!

New Threads

Top Bottom