• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Really, Really Sorry

I used to think this way until someone introduced me to the social model of disability. as long as allistic/neurotypicals don’t make an effort to include and accept us we are going to be excluded and seen as “abnormal” because we are in the a minority (1 out of every 88 people).

compare how we are treated to how individuals with more accepted “disabilities” like sight or mobility impairment. not that they get treated that much better, but because of activists efforts things like wheelchair ramps are more available. but there are no things like that for us, no mandates against bright lighting, for example, or body language translators, or grants for training employers on how to include autistic folks in the workplace. at least in my county, if you try to get a state-approved assessment to determine you have any disabilities affecting your employability, autism isn’t even tested for. I could go on and on lol. Point is we have to basically teach neurotypicals not to be douchebags and see us as a people.

Last edited:
Maybe some of you want to try this.

Don't start me off on this so called "cure" lol, I've already said my main piece about being against this on another thread. Anyway he is clearly still an aspie and one of his most obvious traits is talking over people while not picking up the cues, the interviewer couldn't get a word in edge ways even when the show was ending (I can be similar), also he is one of the small number of aspies that actually wants this so called "treatment" / "cure" and most that have been treated have still spoken negatively about it. I wonder how much they paid him to promote it lol, well you never actually know as there is a lot of money involved in any radical treatment and they need to push for acceptance at all costs or they stand to lose a huge amount of money instead of making it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom