• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Really, Really Sorry

Thanks, Matt. I was reading this and, even though it's a parody site...Yeah...:

Please be advised that the site linked here is a parody site
with humor that may disturb some reader due to offensive content.
Enter it at your own risk.

Asperger's Syndrome - Encyclopedia Dramatica
IMO, I don’t think this kind of offensive links should be allowed here. It’s like watching calmly at a bully, hitting and hurting everyone else around, and not doing anything about it.

Last edited:
you can easily do both. do the latter, to help with the former.
I'm not sure what you mean by "resolving" Aspergers. I don't think my Asperger's can/should be resolved, any more than I think my height (6'2") can/should be resolved. It's who I am. I will never be another height. Do I have to sometimes duck under low tree branches when walking? Yes, but that's not resolving my height. That's resolving a navigational challenge which, if I'm not careful, can cause me pain because the branch whacks me in the face. We Aspies are not resolving who we are. We are trying to resolve challenges in how we navigate social situations that can cause us pain if we're not careful.

Not trying to be hard-hearded here, but I think it's important for us Aspies to realize that there's nothing wrong with our neurological wiring. It's not wrong--it's just different than that of NTs. Saying that we can resolve our Aspergers implies that there is something wrong with the way we're wired. That's a harmful worldview.

Being in a mere mathematical majority or minority doesn't equate to one being inherently "right or wrong". You are still who and what you are as an individual, for better or worse.

With this in mind, consider that "normal" is a nebulous benchmark most often determined by the happenstance of whether one is part of a social majority or not.

Where a distinction of "normal" may really count is if or when you exist in a society which doles out "scarlet letters" on a political and legal basis. Something most of us would likely want to avoid at all costs.

250px-Kennzeichen_f%C3%BCr_Schutzh%C3%A4ftlinge_in_den_Konzentrationslagern.jpg

Last edited:
Not trying to be hard-hearded here, but I think it's important for us Aspies to realize that there's nothing wrong with our neurological wiring. It's not wrong--it's just different than that of NTs. Saying that we can resolve our Aspergers implies that there is something wrong with the way we're wired. That's a harmful worldview.

i just have a different opinion. since the NT's are the ones who are common, and us aspies who are rare, its pretty obviously a non normal way of brain functioning, hence, abnormal. its even classified as a mental illness, which further demostrates that its not at all normal. you might not think its wrong, and indeed, for many high functioning aspies, nothing is wrong. but, all of us aren't so lucky.

I have come to the exact opposite decision. For my whole life, I have been trying to fit in to the NT world and I have decided to stop doing this (because it didn't work anyway), and just be who (and what) I am, because there is nothing wrong with who I am.

That ED site is supposed to be funny? It really isn't funny at all. None of the pages are funny. It is just hateful toward everyone, and the creator(s) of the site no doubt get away with it under the protection of free speech laws. The site was clearly created by small-minded, stupid, angry people who are peed off that they couldn't succeed in life because they had no aptitude or work ethic to do so, so they thought they'd cater to even smaller-minded, more stupid, angrier people by making a website for their hate. The absolute tragedy of it all is that no doubt that members of the latter group are donating their spare money to the site.

i just have a different opinion. since the NT's are the ones who are common, and us aspies who are rare, its pretty obviously a non normal way of brain functioning, hence, abnormal. its even classified as a mental illness, which further demostrates that its not at all normal. you might not think its wrong, and indeed, for many high functioning aspies, nothing is wrong. but, all of us aren't so lucky.
It's also not common to have an IQ over 150, but it would hardly be classified as a mental illness, unless, of course, the person with such an IQ were an aspie.

My point is that autism, in itself, is only classified as a mental illness because it is not common to the majority. If most people had brains that functioned in that way, it would be the so-called "NTs" who would be considered to have a "mental illness" or a "disability".

That ED site is supposed to be funny? It really isn't funny at all. None of the pages are funny. It is just hateful toward everyone, and the creator(s) of the site no doubt get away with it under the protection of free speech laws. The site was clearly created by small-minded, stupid, angry people who are peed off that they couldn't succeed in life because they had no aptitude or work ethic to do so, so they thought they'd cater to even smaller-minded, more stupid, angrier people by making a website for their hate. The absolute tragedy of it all is that no doubt that members of the latter group are donating their spare money to the site.

its meant to be satire. not at all meant to be taken seriously. i doubt even the creators take it seriously, because its obviously meant to be humorous. i don't understand why everyone but me doesn't think of that.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Encyclopedia Dramatica satirizes everyone.

Whether it is supposed to be satire or whatever, it is just hateful. What are they supposed to be satirising anyway? Wikipedia? If it's supposed to be funny, it's just not. Not the entry on aspergers nor any other page on the site. It is not creative, artistic, or clever. It's just moronic, distasteful, and offensive, and I am not easily offended. Also, if they are putting up photos of people (e.g. Jason) without their permission, that is illegal and most likely actionable. They CANNOT purport to be journalists and post hateful material like that.

There are several spoof news websites in existence that are actually clever and funny, but that is NOT one of them. It is not provocative at all. It does not make people think or discuss anything. It just makes people feel bad.

Apparently Wikipedia isn't "a fan" either.

"It often serves as a repository of information and a means of discussion for the internet subculture known as Anonymous.[5] This not safe/suitable for work (NSFW) internet site celebrates a subversive "trolling culture",[6] and documents Internet memes, culture, and events, such as mass organized pranks, trolling events, "raids", large-scale failures of Internet security, and criticism of Internet communities which are accused of self-censorship in order to garner prestige or positive coverage from traditional and established media outlets."

Encyclopedia Dramatica - Wikipedia

Whether it is supposed to be satire or whatever, it is just hateful. What are they supposed to be satirising anyway? Wikipedia? If it's supposed to be funny, it's just not. Not the entry on aspergers nor any other page on the site. It is not creative, artistic, or clever. It's just moronic, distasteful, and offensive, and I am not easily offended. Also, if they are putting up photos of people (e.g. Jason) without their permission, that is illegal and most likely actionable. They CANNOT purport to be journalists and post hateful material like that.

There are several spoof news websites in existence that are actually clever and funny, but that is NOT one of them. It is not provocative at all. It does not make people think or discuss anything. It just makes people feel bad.

they aren't journalists. and they are satirizing everything they can satire. what little i read of it was amusing, because i took it for what it was: trollish humor. also, they probably had permission, or are otherwise not accountable.

sorry, but, i still don't understand. its very obvious that its parody, deliberate trolling, and supposed to be funny. being offended over that seems a bit silly and overblown, because, again, no one is supposed to take it seriously.

It is just very frustrating when some people can earn a living by ridiculing others. It's far worse than the Heartless Aspergers site which is hateful and inaccurate enough.

There are spoofs on the internet and on TV which point out the flaws in government, in the media, or in society in general, and that can be and often is funny. Ridiculing people with a disability or of a certain race or gender is supposed to be illegal, isn't it? The main problem I have with the site is that some people are going to come away from it thinking that some of that BS is true, because it purports to be based on real news stories, etc.

Ridiculing people with a disability or of a certain race or gender is supposed to be illegal, isn't it?

Not in the US. When or if one can establish an overall intent of humor and especially political satire or parodies rather than a hate message or even protected political commentary. Worse even if the object of such ridicule is someone in particular within the public domain.

However yes, such a mindset is usually oblivious or callous to the possibility of those who don't view such things in such a relaxed light and may take it literally based on a mere appearance of propriety. That their attempt at humor supersedes any pain such a message may cause to others.

It may be at times a fine legal line, but in most instances they can get away with it.

And anything left within the limits of civil law usually means a person must be prepared to defend themselves with their own re$ources rather than wait for a prosecutor to file charges against a defendant.

Last edited:
It is just very frustrating when some people can earn a living by ridiculing others. It's far worse than the Heartless Aspergers site which is hateful and inaccurate enough.

There are spoofs on the internet and on TV which point out the flaws in government, in the media, or in society in general, and that can be and often is funny. Ridiculing people with a disability or of a certain race or gender is supposed to be illegal, isn't it? The main problem I have with the site is that some people are going to come away from it thinking that some of that BS is true, because it purports to be based on real news stories, etc.

its not illegal, under free speech in the USA. also, while i agree that it can be frustrating, money is money. people will do pretty much anything for money, since its, you know, fairly important. one thing to remember: people who make money by ridiculing others may not personally believe it, but do it anyway, to earn a living.

and, to be utterly frank, we don't need people who are swayed by such blatant spoofs, parodies, satires or anything anyway, so we don't lose anything.

they aren't journalists. and they are satirizing everything they can satire. what little i read of it was amusing, because i took it for what it was: trollish humor. also, they probably had permission, or are otherwise not accountable.
I realize they are not journalists. The reason I said that is because journalists can publish photos of people without their permission. Other people need permission, and I doubt those people have permission to use all those photos to ridicule their subjects. How would you like it if your photo were up on the internet and the caption labelled you as a "retard"? Even if it were on a joke website, I'm sure it would not be acceptable to you. I think that is what is bothering me more than anything else. Those people have a right to dignity and respect.

The creators of the site have every right to make themselves look like the idiots they are, but they have gone too far by posting photos the way they did IMO.

. How would you like it if your photo were up on the internet and the caption labelled you as a "retard"? Even if it were on a joke website, I'm sure it would not be acceptable to you. .

that has happened to me. repeatedly. it was years ago, so, i was a bit angry at first, but once i realized that i cannot do anything about it (nothing i did ever did anything) i stopped being angry and worked up about it, and just go with it, with a token protest saying that is obviously rude. theres even several articles about me, if you know where to look. they are in a somewhat kinder light, though.

It's a troll's wikipedia, not a news site. They rip on everything and anything, nothing is spared there. This part from this article (about the site itself) really stands out to me and holds quite true:

...The wiki takes a no-holds barred, nothing is sacred approach to everyone and everything, we create highly critical articles about everything internet related, so as to make readers lol at its cruel, unforgiving and occasionally revealing qualities. EDiots don't purposefully set out to offend people, we intend to make you laugh. We portray the ridiculousness of many ignorant views that infect the world in a lulzy manner, because when you laugh at the more harsher aspects of life, the world becomes a better place.

If you are part of a minority group and are offended by ED take note from [deleted] in the below video and try to understand we stand for free speech however threatened you may feel by that. After all, without free speech, no minority group would have ever received rights to begin with....

Between a satirical website that exists "for the lulz" and those so-called "ignorant views that infect the world", the latter is what does me in. And that part about needing free speech, don't we need that too? Call it what you want (and fall into their trap as they'd have you do), but I believe there's always another side to the coin.

Last edited:
This thread is one that I simply can’t support and need to stay away from, I say no to drama and hatred.

IMO, I don’t think this kind of offensive links should be allowed here. It’s like watching calmly at a bully, hitting and hurting everyone else around, and not doing anything about it.
I couldn't agree with you more, Sabrina, and it's sad that some people here will take it to heart and become very upset which is understandable. On the other hand, it shows how monstrous (yes, Riley, these are the monsters, not us) and unempathetic and just downright stupid and ignorant many NT's can be regarding many people who are so much better than they can ever aspire to be. Perhaps someday one of the writers on that site will have a child on the Spectrum and will sorely regret the garbage he/she posted. And it will haunt them for the rest of their lives for once it's been posted online it's there forever, an extremely deplorable footprint.

New Threads

Top Bottom