• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want my autism removed

So do many other people with Autism but it's not gonna happen sadly... you're stuck with it for life, so deal with it

hi Ray,

For me autism got positives and negatives. It is hard with certain things, but i am talented with others. Finding a place where you can use your talents is very important. I am sure you do have great qualities, try and focus them.

goodluck!

I can't remove my autism, I can't change the way I am or the way the world is, but I can change my personal environment to make things easier for me. I can find solutions to problems, or ways to cope with many of the things I find difficult. Edit: I just have to make the most with what I've got.

Last edited:
Sure thing... but where exactly is it located?

operation-game-board-classic-vintage-operation-game-board.jpg

Your entire mind, all your abilities and memories are made around you having autism for your life, will that ever be able to get removed properly

I can relate with that, but mainly for my son. I can deal with what I have going on. Hopefully he will be able to someday too, but it's looking bleak.
I hope you find comfort in your own skin somehow.

Its all the same.

I wouldn’t want to be NT and have to worry all the time about latest trends or fashions,ideas and constantly be lieing to myself about what makes people happy.

I have often wished I could spend one day as an NT and know what it feels like to be normal. I have a feeling I wouldn't like it. Autism is what made me who I am and I mostly like who I am. It's a struggle dealing with the outside world and there are some disadvantages, but you learn to work with the world, and you do become a stronger person. Later on you will be able to pat yourself on the back and say I not only have gotten through it, but I got through it with autism.

I love the austim, it's the co-morbids that are killing me. God, they suck.

I don't want mine removed even if it were possible, but my autism is mild, so I guess I can't say anything. Which is bad, because I *need* to say there's nothing wrong with being autistic and it's the world that needs to change its attitude about it.

For me, the only parts of autism I would want removed (if my test results come as autistic) are my sensitive hearing and depression. I can live with the rest as the rest of it is pretty much okay. If it weren't for my sensitive hearing, I'd be happy that I have autism. Other than that, I'm okay with it, and it gives me a good reason not to hate myself.

I think the depression can be managed in the long run. Either antidepressants or therapy. I get a lot of my depression from the struggles I have from being on the spectrum, & how I was socially ostracized & bullied in the most formative parts of my life. It's something I work on daily. Even today I feel the depression creeping back up on me. When that happens, however, I have to tell myself that I am a valued person worthy of being loved by others. Sometimes that works, sometimes I admit it doesn't. Most days I'm indifferent about being on the spectrum, but somedays, I get it; its hard...

New Threads

Top Bottom