• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have grown to despise okcupid and the people on there

That is so sad, don't say that! I'm certain it's not true :(

I like me. But I'm plain, I'm getting to my mid-20's where age is going to start catching up to me, I have about 10-15 extra pounds, I'm not outgoing, and I'm not very accomplished. If anyone is going to be one of those women talked about like that, it's probably me. I just don't want to put myself in a place where people will look at and talk about me that way. I don't need it.

I've given OKcupid another go this week. I'm not expecting a full inbox on a daily basis, but it did at least give me some perspective on where I stand in terms of dating and what kind of people are (presumably) single within a certain area.

My experience does kinda come from that people often contact you when you least expect it. Focussing on these sites and hoping to get attention often is the least eventful time you're around.

I like me. But I'm plain, I'm getting to my mid-20's where age is going to start catching up to me, I have about 10-15 extra pounds, I'm not outgoing, and I'm not very accomplished. If anyone is going to be one of those women talked about like that, it's probably me. I just don't want to put myself in a place where people will look at and talk about me that way. I don't need it.
Well your not alone. I mean I'm 32 I don't have anyone, and people much older than me don't have anyone either. When the timing is right you may find someone just as the same applies to me. It been very hard for me to control my emotions. Yes I have some days time to time feel like **** being single. But I'm managing much better than when I use to rush into things.

Actually there are a lot of guys that prefer older women, but mid-20s isn't old. I'll just use myself as an example, I'm more drawn to women who are 28-35. The reason being is that, younger women are less likely to be open minded, especially sexually and they aren't willing to do as much in that regard. At least that is what it has been like in my case. Plus not all, but a lot of younger women go through that "I want a bad boy" phase. By their late 20s early 30s, is when they tend to grow out of that. I'm 26 by the way.

ok number one 10-15 extra pounds is not some horrible ugliness. guys aren't that shallow. number two your name is Licorice and instead of Black or Cherry your profile pic is green apple, you are far from ordinary. Number three if you're introverted find another introvert, they are out there.

I seriously think you're being too hard on yourself and you are most likely an incredibly beautiful person. Accomplishments aren't who you are.

Miss Green Apple Licorice: different, interesting, and someone to take notice of ;)

ok number one 10-15 extra pounds is not some horrible ugliness. guys aren't that shallow. number two your name is Licorice and instead of Black or Cherry your profile pic is green apple, you are far from ordinary. Number three if you're introverted find another introvert, they are out there.

I seriously think you're being too hard on yourself and you are most likely an incredibly beautiful person. Accomplishments aren't who you are.

Miss Green Apple Licorice: different, interesting, and someone to take notice of ;)
And this comment gets the seal of Penguin of approval :)

Hah.. I have come to the conclusion that distance in Europe is laughable, especially in relation to OkCupid.

Mind you, a week or so ago I posted about eventually look across borders for potential dates and such.

The plot thickens! I've gotten in touch with a fairly interesting woman, she lives closer by then my ex-girlfriend (who lived about 100 miles from where I live), yet if I were ever to meet up with this new person, I'd have to cross not one, but 2 countryborders, lol. And that is a bit laughable at best to me. Europe, where within 100 miles you can cross 3 countryborders... 100 miles almost gets me in France from my current location, lol.

Hah.. I have come to the conclusion that distance in Europe is laughable, especially in relation to OkCupid.

Mind you, a week or so ago I posted about eventually look across borders for potential dates and such.

The plot thickens! I've gotten in touch with a fairly interesting woman, she lives closer by then my ex-girlfriend (who lived about 100 miles from where I live), yet if I were ever to meet up with this new person, I'd have to cross not one, but 2 countryborders, lol. And that is a bit laughable at best to me. Europe, where within 100 miles you can cross 3 countryborders... 100 miles almost gets me in France from my current location, lol.

At least you can impress her with

'I have crossed mountains and rivers, battled in strange lands just to kneel at your feet'. ;)

Good point. Guess I should probably get a phrasebook if I ever decide to go across the border 15 miles away and date someone in California! :p

I used to be on there. Many of the people on there have humor in their profiles, and that is hard for me to create. I didn't have humor in my profile because I was worried I might offend someone.

Ok. I went to the OK Cupid site that you all were talking about. I'm laughing because I can't even get past the part where you're supposed to "Like" 3 types of men. The way I like men is not just from their looks. It's going to take me all night just to get past that one part!! So far I have one picked out. One put a picture of a dog. Would I be dating the dog? :confused:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe I'm Aspie because I had to sign off of the website! They're hitting on me like crazy. WTH! This must be a meat market because all I did was put up 2 pictures - it's not like they know anything about me. I don't know if I like this or not. I know I was on E-Harmony once and it was more toned down because there weren't any pictures. I don't know what to think. I don't like outrageous flirting. :confused: I probably should have put a picture of Grumpy Cat cause she's where it's at. :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!:p

Hi read up on those dating sites I didn't try them partly because I'm chicken, but also because the bad men scare off too many girls, as the ratio tips, it gets worse and worse until you have a 1000 guys fighting for 3 shell shocked girls. Don't believe the memberships posted, (fine print, old profiles are still up). I don't think the odds are very good for nice guys, you likely would do better standing on street corner saying hi to girls walking by.(sarcasm)
Not big on aggressive girls,(still recovering), but in this case the only way to make a dating sites work maybe to reverse rolls and make all the guys stand around looking pretty, while the girls pick through the profiles carefully. No contact from guys with out permission.
Maelstrom is cooking today! One new industry today, toss me some cash $$$ if it works.
Question this site seems very nice there are no HIDDEN surprise (FEES) right? Like on some dating sights. Am gearing up small sailboat for move or voyage, money's tight. I hate surprises!!!

Last edited:
It seems that that kind of attention seems to be from men quite a lot on dating sites.

The other day I visited one of the dating sites I've been browsing around on recently and it's pretty sad to read that women actually have to point out, in their introductory text, that they're not looking for sex, but just friendship. It's not the first time I notice people needing to put this statement out... and considering the small size of this country and in that regard relative small scale in terms of dating, on the more specific websites (which aren't geared towards having a sexdate with someone), it's sad that some people already have to put this "shield" up on day 2.

I, as a guy get quite irked over it, since it kinda gives the impression that every man on such a site is just out for the same thing, and just that one thing.

Dating sites are ****, I have met a few of the girls on there and it always just ends with them never speaking to me again, despite how much they seem to like me before or if they message me and say how much they like weird people.

Dating sites are ****, I have met a few of the girls on there and it always just ends with them never speaking to me again, despite how much they seem to like me before or if they message me and say how much they like weird people.

Does that problem lie at the core of dating sites or the women? Your taste in women? Or maybe just in general your behaviour?

I'm not judging you for being weird or anything, I'm kinda curious. Over the past month I've had a few awesome exchanges with women and I don't really consider it to be much of a problem to eventually find connect to someone there... but I might have a different perspective on dating, as I've met people online and dated for periods ranging from anywhere from 8 months to over 2.5 years.

Yeah it never goes past one date, I don't know if its the site or them or me, I mean I've gone after a variety, I don't really have a type since the people I seem to like don't like me back so I can't like limit myself cause that'd be dumb.
I donno I generally assume it's me cause I've never had any sort of relationship, so yeah probably me.
I'm a weird, doll collecting (not that I ever mention that), bizarre crazy and there's no one who wants that level of bat **** in their life.
I've never connected with anyone, it's just people I can tolerate speaking to and who might have something interesting to say.
Exchanges are boring, usually a bit awkward and I run out of things to talk about since most people have nothing interesting to say.
Only so much you can say to a girl when she says how much she enjoys the cottage.

I took myself off the site. I'm tired of the one-liners like "Hey beautiful!" or this other one "If I wasn't married I would like to flirt with you baaaaaaaaaad!" I really only looked at the ones that actually said not to contact them unless you wanted a long term relationship, but most of them were in other states and a few even out of the country! There was one that was close by and we had a lot in common, but to get in contact with them I would have to pay something. Right now I can't afford that kind of thing. I also gave what kind of men I wanted to meet and they kept sending me guys that just weren't even compatible. The same happened with E-harmony. When I was on it ($50 a month) I only got maybe 1-2 contacts every two weeks then when I decided to get off of the site I started getting a bunch of compatible guys in my area. WTH! It's really all about money.

Dating sites are ****, I have met a few of the girls on there and it always just ends with them never speaking to me again,
hi
I have read from male users there is pattern of baiting with female bot messages, piticularely when membership is about to expire. If shes hot she maybe (not). Or your girl was new and got driven off site before she could write back and had to go take a shower to get (clean). Sorry girls!
The meetup thing looks more promising thats how my oldest brother got remarried, a really nice cougar landed him (Grrrrrrr). ha ha
Anyways the french do a low stress solon(talk), group dinner thing, you bring your friends, I'll bring my friends, lets see what happens. I think it is a good tradition as it gives everyone a chance to size each other up and do the friend check so you don't end with a bad surprise. Wish I could try this, short on warm bodies out here in sage brush, but I can cook+.

New Threads

Top Bottom