• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

goals or objectives for 2024?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I have a few goals of my own for 2024.

Lose my beer belly.

Get through a significant portion of my video game backlog without adding more to it.

Bring back my movie criticism website.

Become a PT student.

Go to more social events in Pierce and King County. Meet other gay men.

Have a luxury vacation.

Pay off my credit card debt and keep it paid off.

What are your goals for 2024?

Go to Monaco, be seduced by a very wealthy woman and live happily ever after in her incredibly luxurious mansion by the Monte Carlo beach.

:D I'm kidding of course. One goal is to finish my garden. I have to finish it, I don't want it to become a never ending project that I work on every summer.

Some of my goals:

1. Try not to get affected by negativity: practice self healing/ achieving self peace

2. Try to be more friendly

3. Learn to deal with emotions, not fight it but accept it

I think this year I'll try to really embody aimlessness. I've done the resolutions thing for a lot of years in a row. Got plants I'm taking care of now because of last year's one. I realized I've never truly spent a year without direction, trying something or other. Recently I've been thinking along the lines of "when is something enough?" and maybe now's a good time to look into that as far as my life goes. There's not a lot going on right now, I think I'll treasure a little bit of emptiness.

Respond to criticism better. Continue to stand up for myself. Find more recipes for plant based recipes. Embrace life more, the simplest things l am now loving.

Get in AMAZING shape.
Enjoy my NDIS support and get out and about, with that.
Start learning guitar
Continue to support, and be there for, my kid's
Get back to dancing
Get back to songwriting
Learn to manage my domestic situation better
Try out treatment(s) for my ADHD
Get back to my regular yoga practise
get back to my automatic writing practise
Learn to drive, get my license
Keep developing my drawing and painting skills
Maybe have a holiday (vacation) with my guy
Finish the hoodie for my grand daughter
Work on the knitted blanket for my grand son

Work on my music projects, and hopefully get them more off the ground.
Socialize more, but take precaution.
Take every day once at a time and be patient, since it'll be an election year, and those can get stressful.

Continue trying to be a more authentic version of myself (read: less masking)

Continue to support others in their journeys as much as I can

1. Focus more on my studies. I haven't been putting as much effort as I should.
2. Acutally get treatment for my ADHD.
3. Try out new foods as I tend to stick to the same 3 meals.
4. Save up money. Already spent all my money from my summer job on stuff I don't need.
5. Spend more time with family.
6. Hopefully recover from burnout.

1. Finish this current professional job, and don't take on any more, so I can get back to my life dream project - that started in 1975!!

2. Road trip to the Smithsonian. I really want to, but may not happen. It would be about a 4,000 mile trip. Not likely my wife shares my interest in the Smithsonian.

Focus on university and give all my exams in summer and get a scholarschip for the next academic year.
Get a driving license
Travel somewhere abroad
Find my first student job

I don't like to think so far ahead. It's enough to get to the end of each week. But some things I'll keep in mind:
1. Publish a course online. See if I can generate some income that way.
2. Buy and move into a motorhome. I need some isolation.
3. Visit Norway, again.

Renovate the house
Start writing
Hopefully reconcile with ex partner
Keep toxic people out of my life
Get passport and stop being scared of travelling
Also get through video game backlog

New Threads

Top Bottom