• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vindicator Phoenix

She/her pronouns
V.I.P Member
In this thread, the goal is to convince everyone, who reads your post, that they should give you the particular Karma Rating that you demand! It's a game of persuasion!

Use: words, pictures, symbols, facts, humor, compliments, tips, creations, or anything else (that's legal on this site), to earn as much of your desired Karma type as you can. I'll neither rank anyone, nor proclaim winners; just have fun!

For those who don't yet know, Karma is any rating someone gives, to a post. The Karma ratings are: Like, Agree, Funny, Winner, Informative, Friendly, Useful, Optimistic, and Creative, and are denoted by the icons below someone's post. Any Karma types are "up for grabs," here.

Although it would be possible to give no one Karma (so that you don't help others get more points than you), I strongly recommend giving someone Karma, if you believe they deserve it. If they ask for "Informative," and you give them "Useful," I couldn't stop you from doing that. This thread is meant to be laid-back and fun.

This original post will appear, at the top of every page, on this thread, so don't think I'm magical, for accumulating tons of karma. I'll start:

i-have-to-buy-a-new-science-book-all-the-used-ones-argon.jpg

Go ahead, and click that Funny face, below. :grinning: I want prizes!
Don't you dare click "Like!" If you do, Chemistry Cat will gain an electron, and become very negative!

I went to get my haircut today.

The guy I front was talking about his volunteer time as a Santa.

I said as he was leaving ' You're not much of a Santa. Wheres my present?'

After he left said to the barber

' I should have got his autograph.'

I was having a talk to the people day.

It lasted 20 minutes.

Do you know what I'd really like? One of each. That is, one post which has at least one of every kind of karma. I've never had that before, that would be awesome. I doubt whether anyone has achieved this ever on the forum, it would be a first. Perhaps you could help me out here :)

Do you know what I'd really like? One of each. That is, one post which has at least one of every kind of karma. I've never had that before, that would be awesome. I doubt whether anyone has achieved this ever on the forum, it would be a first. Perhaps you could help me out here :)

I think I have some like that or almost like that.

Would it be awesome?

So much hyperbole from you almost made my head explode.

There are 2,598,960 possible poker hands. In a game where the different suits are of equal value, you can reduce them to 134,459 unique scenarios.

'Humongous' is a portmanteau of 'huge' and 'monstrous'.

Given a random group of 23 people, there is a 50% chance that two of them share the same birthday.

There is a species of cactus called a Boojum, named after the deadly creature in Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark.

There is an asteroid named after Douglas Adams, 2001 DA42, provisionally named "25924 Douglasadams".

Benford's Law, which observes (among other things) that about 30% of all numbers that occur in nature begin with a 1, has been used in financial investigations to identify fraudulent accounting. When people make up numbers, they use a different distribution than Benford's Law dictates, thinking that all the digits should be equally possible and evenly distributed.

Paleontologists refer to the spikes on a stegosaurus' tail as a "Thagomizer", after a comic by Gary Larson.

Treasure Island is in Mindemoya Lake, which is on Manitoulin Island, which is in Lake Huron.

I would like an "Informative" rating, please.

What's the symbol for perplexed?
:confounded::monkey:
Purr+plexed. They sure do like scratching their heads and looking confused.
Also known as shapeshifting, haha:smirkcat: Although it also looks like private business or birthing monkeys. Holy mother of ape! Emoglish is confusing.

Last edited:
Donkey Kong got his name because his creator believed ‘donkey’ meant ‘stupid’ in English and wanted to convey the impression that the character was a “Stupid Ape”.

People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.

The process by which bread toasts is called the ‘Maillard Reaction’.

The dark region on the north pole of Pluto’s moon, Charon, is called Mordor.

If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin, and no friends or family to prepare funeral or mourn over the body, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.

Alligators will give manatees the right of way if they are swimming near each other.

The word “Jurassic,” which we so often associate with dinosaurs, comes from the Celtic word for “forest”.

Have you ever been in a pool and had you’re eyes burn from the sheer amount of chlorine in the water around you? I have bad news, the redness and pain isn’t caused by chlorine as such but by the urine, or more scientifically uric acid. Uric acid in pools is caused in around 90% of the cases by swimmers urination reacting with a chemical cyanogen chloride.

Did you know that the most famous video game in history "PAC-MAN" got it name as an after thought? Bally/Williams, the company that licensed Pac-Man for distribution here in the United-states wanted the name changed because they where worried that vandals would change his name to "expletive-MAN".

Ok! you guys probability scratching your heads on this one thinking. Where did this weird fact come from and why did I never hear of it considering that Pac-Man was the most famous video game of all time? Well if you're not aware. Pac-Man was first released in Japan in 1979 by Namco. But here's the thing. Pac-Man was not originally called "Pac-Man", it was called "Puck-Man". As you can see from that name why Bally/Williams was concern. All it took was some vandal with a coin, knife or other sharp instrument to scratch the arch off the "P" on the marquee and. Well, you get the idea. As you can see. That would not go off too well with parents over at the local Chuck E Cheese.

You have to admit. Pac-Man just sounds cool. Still, you have to wonder, if Pac-Man would've been called Puck-Man instead. Would it be as famous as it is or would it have fallen into obscurity.

Namco created a great game, Bally/Williams gave it a great name.

This seems pointless.

So, DO NOT give me karma for this post.

Now that I think about. This makes me feel guilty. I have known about the karma point system for some time but I've never really used it much. Guess it's time that I start doing so. Anyways, I'm giving you a karma point whether you like it or not. gotta clear my conscious.

New Threads

Top Bottom