• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yes! That one. I love that picture, am now saving a copy for myself. Thank you.

@georgiagalaxy,
Now that I’ve infiltrated your thread with skulls, I could share my experience. I understand exactly what you’re talking about, although it is from a completely different angle. One of my special interests is skulls and weapons and kind of dark things. If this doesn’t bore people, it can be worrisome to them. They make assumptions that are not correct and sometimes they are fearful it is some sort of sign of some thing brewing underneath. Really they are things that bring me great joy and intrigue and fascination.

Not many people wanted to hear about that sort of stuff before I came here. Some people think it’s kinda neat for a little bit, but I guess they get much more tired of it than I do and that’s when they start to worry.

I mostly just keep my special interests to myself in real life except when the opportunity presents itself in conversation. I recently got into some trouble because I brought home a really cool dagger and for some reason people in my family didn’t really like or appreciate it. They thought it was weird. They think I am weird.

Maybe the dagger was poorly made and likely to break? Working knives are better anyways, because you can use single edged knives for carving wood. oddly the one i pick up most often? Not the exacto or the rigid sheathe knife, but rather the humble utility knife. In all the years i have been carving, the worst injuries i have ever had came from my hand contacting the work or slipping with a rasp and cutging my fingers that way

Maybe the dagger was poorly made and likely to break?
No, they just don’t understand my fascination.

It wasn’t especially well made, but I like to have a mix of utilitarian blades as well as just plain pretty ones.

This one is not a work knife, although I did open my groceries with it.

1679019637526.png

I very much doubt that anything Rodafina creates can be classed as "poorly made", she seems to have an impeccable eye for detail. I think what she was referring to was the stigma surrounding the fact that "It is a knife.".

I also think that if I wasn't the other side of the planet she'd give me a bit of a kicking for speaking up in her place, but truth is truth.

My favorite utilitarian blade is the humble Morakniv.

1679019890815.png

Uh oh. Here I go, talking about blades. I’ll stop before I take over Georgia’s thread with my own special interests.

Enough skulls and blades… back to ponies.

I have many special interests. I think I have a new one every month. I don't think I can go very long without some kind of new special interest.

I am also “unapologetically me.” If people don’t like my true self, they’re not worth my time.

I have some friends that share interests, and some that don’t. So I completely understand the struggle of having friends who can’t relate to your interests. Some of my irl friends think my special interests are weird and cringey and they don’t care to hear about them at all.

At the end of the day, it’s important to do things you love because *you* enjoy them. Don’t let anyone tell you that your special interests are weird or dorky, and if they don’t care about them but expect you to care about theirs, that’s very unkind (and actually hypocritical.)
If you enjoy something, and it makes you happy, keep doing it for you :)

MLP is a great show. :) kinda sad FiM ended and that a new generation has started though. I hope there’s potential with the new Mane Five

I vividly remember one MLP FiM episode from season three where pinkie pie clones herself so she can have as much fun as possible and not do anything else after stumbling upon a “moon pond”.

these horses:

mora.jpg

Oh boy that brings back some memories. My grandparents let a Swedish guy stay at their house when he had a bad motorcycle accident while visiting the UK. Years later they purchased a camper van and toured Sweden for a while. They brought back some of these horses and I was always fascinated by them as a kid.

Oh boy that brings back some memories. My grandparents let a Swedish guy stay at their house when he had a bad motorcycle accident while visiting the UK. Years later they purchased a camper van and toured Sweden for a while. They brought back some of these horses and I was always fascinated by them as a kid.

Dalecarlian horses from Mora :) They are usually small enough to have them on a shelf, I have a couple of them in my livingroom. But if you know where to look, you can find some big ones too.

iu

@georgiagalaxy,
Now that I’ve infiltrated your thread with skulls, I could share my experience. I understand exactly what you’re talking about, although it is from a completely different angle. One of my special interests is skulls and weapons and kind of dark things. If this doesn’t bore people, it can be worrisome to them. They make assumptions that are not correct and sometimes they are fearful it is some sort of sign of some thing brewing underneath. Really they are things that bring me great joy and intrigue and fascination.

Not many people wanted to hear about that sort of stuff before I came here. Some people think it’s kinda neat for a little bit, but I guess they get much more tired of it than I do and that’s when they start to worry.

I mostly just keep my special interests to myself in real life except when the opportunity presents itself in conversation. I recently got into some trouble because I brought home a really cool dagger and for some reason people in my family didn’t really like or appreciate it. They thought it was weird. They think I am weird.
Hmmmm... I personally think that's a very interesting and unique interest though! You should be proud of that. Thanks for sharing ^^

I have many special interests. I think I have a new one every month. I don't think I can go very long without some kind of new special interest.
Me too I'm actually moving and adapting pretty quickly, but MLP has been a bit of a main interest for a few months now ^^

New Threads

Top Bottom