• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi, everyone. I'm Chincey. I was diagnosed with Level 1 autism earlier this year after being encouraged to get tested by my partner. He has been enthused (and relieved) to finally understand me better, but I've been struggling with accepting myself. I somehow always find a way to doubt the diagnosis, particularly since I was diagnosed online. It was the only path I felt capable of going down energy-wise. At any rate, I'm considering this a first step toward learning more about myself...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

As long as the diagnostic process included video interviews, it would have been legitimate if you received it from a reputable provider.

Welcome to the forum!

As long as the diagnostic process included video interviews, it would have been legitimate if you received it from a reputable provider.

It did indeed. I am actually struggling much less with doubt since I posted that. This forum has been so helpful on every level.

Hi my name is Maraisa and my therapist told me I should check out this site. I am 19 and have been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was 9-10 years old. I live in LA and it mosly impairs my ability to make friends. Making friends has always been really difficult for me...
Hello Maraisa. Thanks for writing in this forum. I too have a hard time making friends, I find it easier to write though.

Hi, everyone. I'm Chincey. I was diagnosed with Level 1 autism earlier this year after being encouraged to get tested by my partner. He has been enthused (and relieved) to finally understand me better, but I've been struggling with accepting myself. I somehow always find a way to doubt the diagnosis, particularly since I was diagnosed online. It was the only path I felt capable of going down energy-wise. At any rate, I'm considering this a first step toward learning more about myself...
I don't have a diagnosis, yet, but I am pretty sure that I am autistic, been reading a lot about it and it fits my profile. I think you're on the right path, take your diagnosis and make it into a pathway into understanding yourself better.

I don't have a diagnosis, yet, but I am pretty sure that I am autistic, been reading a lot about it and it fits my profile. I think you're on the right path, take your diagnosis and make it into a pathway into understanding yourself better.

I have realized that is what it is all about. A diagnosis (including self-diagnosis) is only useful if it leads to other things, such as better self-care and more understanding in one's relationships. Good luck to you on your journey too!

Hello,
My name is Jessica..I do not have a known diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome. I am reaching out to people because I am not sure whether or not to get a diagnosis. When I researched about the female traits and symptoms and taken the tests it always was a possibility of autism but it is hard to find it in all women. The spectrum is so wide and I really do want an answer and just to ask people how they cope with their daily struggles. I function in life and have had some friends, boyfriends though who were only manipulative or verbally abusive/childish. I get taken advantage of alot, I am turning 28 in May. In a conversation I have a hard time knowing when it is my turn I often hear that I go off on another route of conversation. Since I was about 3, I have had some sound sensitivity like certain pitch noises and some sudden loud sounds. I jump up and down and flap my hands/arms in the mirror still to this day. I have listened to the same song over and over since 8th grade. I do not understand alot of jokes and I have copied friends voice tones and facial expressions in the mirror over the years too. Terrible at algebra processing it all because theres too many kinds of problems to remember but I can remember I obsessed over an actress and her fictional characters for a few years remembering all about her as well as dressing like her in 9th grade/halloween. My fears are childish, like I have to keep the door open when im sleeping and I sometimes feel I need to climb in bed with my mother. English has been a strong point in school for me as well as factual science. I remember everyones birthdays too and have a hard time paying attention as people ask if I have ADD. I dont like my neck being touched at all. I prefer comfortable clothing. Anyone else relate in any way?
Hi there Jessica

I came here as a self diagnosed aspie ( most professionals now say: ASD, for Aspergers). I thought, if I came here and read and chatted with those who are diagnosed, it would give me an answer and I did feel a fraud at first and weirdly, when someone said that my picture shows I am Aspergers ( lol not this one), I felt relieved.

I was officially diagnosed with ASD in early 2019.

Even as an infant, it was related how I liked to line things up and my poor gramps. One time, I tied the shoe laces all together!

Hated loud, sudden noises.

May on the spectrum prefer comfortable clothes. For me, dressing nice is a must. So one would never see me in a dressing gown or very casual clothes.

Since diagnosis, my stimming has taken on a new level. Perhaps in the past, I was scared and so restrained myself.

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
Hello, my name is Whichy Dodo, it's not my real name, but my ideal name. I'm 20 years old now, and I've been self-diagnosed as an Aspie since 2020. I'm still in college, and life here to me is miserable and torturing. I feel that I've been living in a sheer terror ever since I was born. My heart is hollow, I have no friend, no goal, and little motivation to continue such a boring life. I've considered killing myself since 14 years old, but then, I hadn't realized what is wrong with me, the on-going suffocating life impelled me to think so. Luckily, I've only tried suiciding once, and that didn't hurt me at all. The suicidal thoughts, however, is still lingering around my mind. I'm really afraid of being unemployed in the future, which, as I know, is a common phenomenon among us. Today, I feel so lucky that I found this forum, I've been camouflaging all the time, using lots of energy to try to pretend to be normal, but in this forum, I believe there is no need to camouflage at all. Therefore, I use my selfie as avatar, and it's the first time in my life to do so. What's more, I am Chinese and I live in China all the time, so my English may sound weird to you, please forgive me of any inappropriate words or expressions or sentences that I may have written in this reply. Oh, by the way, it's my first time to use a forum, and I am not quite sure if clicking the reply button on the first post is the right way to participate in the discussion. Anyway, I hope that I can express myself freely here, and I hope that everything will be better to me, and to all the people who are suffering from the similar situation like mine.

All are welcome. Everyone of us can and will find our voices here. We all do and probably will continue to come across mistakenly at times, but we can thankfully just keep talking it all out on here. Sometimes we do the word salad. Sometimes we sound like perfect philosophers (?) haha. Make yourselves comfortable however you need to, and again, welcome to the fold.

Hi Whichy Dodo. You are certainly most welcome here. We have people from all over the world here and I hope it is a place for you to comfortably talk and meet others like yourself.

I'm not sure what I am. I took some tests, like aq10, raads-r, and aspie 5 on the internet, and scored quite high, with the exception of aspie which was some unusual perception going nearly equal both normal and nuerodivergent. Either way, I have no sense of time, which is a related default for autism from things I've read. Squeaking dishes, hating the feel of cheap pottery clay, clothing materials feeling off, a little clumsy, losing sleep working on any particular project for days/weeks at a time, rereading too much, saying the wrong thing, talking on a subject till it's wrapped up, having challenging body language that causes misinterpretation, and visualization are things I know.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Last edited:
I'm high functioning like you, from North East England, 47 years old and was diagnosed 23 months ago joined to try understand that I was autistic at 46 years old, also annoyed that that was inferred that I was a hypochondriac when I suggested autism and wanted to talk.
I've had the "hypochondriac" label leveled at me by my ex, a lot, when we were together, and more recently by my daughter when I told her about my diagnosis.
It comforts me to know I'm not alone in this, because it hurt. A lot.

Call me Ku.
Young adult
(they/them)

Interests: creative writing, poetry, art, some music, symbolism, look at photography sometimes & birds.
Social psychology/sociology related things.

Anime/Donghua: BSD, Mdzs, Vnc, Link Click, Sk8 the infinity, Trigun Stamp, Vinland Saga

One flaw of this forum website I’ve noticed.. is the lack of TW’s from people despite the overwhelming abundance of venting. I understand demographically many have intersectionality that leads to oppression, but using tigger warnings before writing is the least someone could do. I can’t control people, however and it’s up to me to decide what to expose myself to.

That said, nice to meet you!

Call me Ku.
Young adult
(they/them)

Interests: creative writing, poetry, art, some music, symbolism, look at photography sometimes & birds.
Social psychology/sociology related things.

Anime/Donghua: BSD, Mdzs, Vnc, Link Click, Sk8 the infinity, Trigun Stamp, Vinland Saga

One flaw of this forum website I’ve noticed.. is the lack of TW’s from people despite the overwhelming abundance of venting. I understand demographically many have intersectionality that leads to oppression, but using tigger warnings before writing is the least someone could do. I can’t control people, however and it’s up to me to decide what to expose myself to.

That said, nice to meet you!
I don't think it's a flaw. Think of it as a form of "exposure therapy". Thinking we all need trigger warnings, to me, is quite infantalizing IMO. This isn't a ptsd site and the one I used to frequent, for 3 years, also didn't do trigger warnings.

People are quite able and required to work through their triggers, the world doesn't stop for everyones sensitivities and trauma, and the fact of the matter is that no one can predict other people's triggers.

For example, I was in an inpatients facility for trauma and one woman was a musician and kept talking about music and performance and my ex was an abusive musician I used to perform with and I got triggered. Who could have predicted that? We can't all dance to the tune of latest university doctrine about trauma, especially when it isn't even well grounded in actual, trauma recovery clinical science.

Hello & welcome @Grumpy.Usag33k_75.

Here is an avatar suggestion,...
Dwarf Grumpy, Snow White (1937)
full
Hello again. Thanks for your suggestion but no. I'd rather be this kind of a usagi :wink:(I love Bleach anime!) :hearteyes:

Greetings, I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 10.
I like superheroes, indie comics, giant robots, Tokusatsu, ttrpgs, and making ideas about such.
I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
Everywhere else I'm "Just a guy with Asperger's."

Last edited:
I like superheroes, indie comics, giant robots, Tokusatsu, ttrpgs, and making ideas about such.
Hello and welcome to the forum, @8crismon.

Welcome to the forum! I like all of those things too, and am also a Christian.
Lots of good folks around here, and lots of good information.

New Threads

Top Bottom