• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello all, late 40’s a late self diagnosed Asd, from Australia(central vic).
Came to the realisation during getting my teenage son re-assessed for his Asd and sitting in on his testing that I was ticking more boxes than him , and after the ‘parent’ interview brought up even more questions. I started the inevitable research (4 books,podcasts,YouTube later ). So may aha moments looking back in my life, still processing the power of understanding that their is a community of like minded individuals that have felt/suffered they same sort of things that I had just felt I was just the only ‘weird’ one out there.
Hello and welcome! This forum is perfect for learning stuff about ASD, I myself find lots of info about different topics and aspects, plus people here are really friendly. :)

Hello all, late 40’s a late self diagnosed Asd, from Australia(central vic).
Came to the realisation during getting my teenage son re-assessed for his Asd and sitting in on his testing that I was ticking more boxes than him , and after the ‘parent’ interview brought up even more questions. I started the inevitable research (4 books,podcasts,YouTube later ). So may aha moments looking back in my life, still processing the power of understanding that their is a community of like minded individuals that have felt/suffered they same sort of things that I had just felt I was just the only ‘weird’ one out there.
Hi:). Also Aussie Autist here. I was born in Vic (actually Melbourne) but I live in Northern New South Wales now.
I also have autistic children.
I was finally diagnosed late last year.

I hope you enjoy your time here and make full use of the resources offered here.There are lots of wise, kind and informative people here.

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
Daniel here. Mildly autistic - Asperger's formally diagnosed. Having said that, I must say I don't want to have this and would rather have a different medical issue. My head is crammed with so much information and my thoughts jump around freakishly fast. I'm 48 and I now I know for sure I'm a bit abnormal. And I've always had trouble sleeping as a result. It feels like my brain is on overdrive all the time. Taking several psychiatric meds but still not getting enough rest. I exercise daily outside as well. But I need more rest, I have to work.

Can anyone relate? Any suggestions, natural or otherwise?

Daniel

Daniel here. Mildly autistic - Asperger's formally diagnosed. Having said that, I must say I don't want to have this and would rather have a different medical issue. My head is crammed with so much information and my thoughts jump around freakishly fast. I'm 48 and I now I know for sure I'm a bit abnormal. And I've always had trouble sleeping as a result. It feels like my brain is on overdrive all the time. Taking several psychiatric meds but still not getting enough rest. I exercise daily outside as well. But I need more rest, I have to work.

Daniel
Hello and welcome, Daniel. Stick around on the forum and join in some threads. Hopefully you will find some of the answers you are looking for.

Daniel
Hi there, I'm not dissimilar. I have all the classic autism stuff - sensitivity, like routines, black/white thinking, rules-focused, dislike social stuff, etc - but I am also easily distracted, quickly bored, terrible with details, have a head full of noise (including lines from a song on repeat all day), highly prone to procrastination, don't finish things and have the constant feeling of impatience and mental hyperactivity. I also have a high IQ, though that spends most the time off on pointless errands like working out graphs of walking routes in my neighbourhood or similar things to do with patterns and structures.

Not sure if you have quite the same, but yes, busy head here. I'm about to get ADHD diagnosed (I would presume) and hope to get meds that bring some sharpness to my thinking. And then, world domination!

The pursuit of faith has done a lot for me to quiet things down upstairs. I never noticed what a racket I had going on up there until it occurred to me that God would have to put up with that noise all the time in the event that he ever rented a room in my head. I did have terrible problems sleeping, but it was partly due to stress from being abused by parents and students as a kid. Work stress was only slightly less miserable. I sleep great these days, and it's partly because I feel peace knowing that things happen for a reason, and it's partly because my health has not been great, and it makes resting pretty easy.

Hiya! I'm Alfred (Also known as Soso). I was diagnosed about a year ago with ASD, ADHD and recently got also diagnosed with GAD.

I'm a bit lost over here since I don't usually access forums but that doesn't really matters.

One of my biggest interests (and hyperfixation) is music. I also love comedy, despite not being that funny.

I'm Brazilian, and, you've probably already noticed this but my grammar is pretty poor and I'm still learning English... I'm getting better, 'kay?

Also, I'm a bisexual transboy. Not really relevant, but thought I'd share. (he/him)

Buh-bye! I'm excited to meet y'all.

jimmy fallon dancing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

xo, alfred.

I'm essentially the Titanic, I suck at breaking ice and/or paying attention and navigating (this forum), so...oops.

Hello and Welcome to all new folks that I haven't said such to already.

Hi, everyone. I'm Chincey. I was diagnosed with Level 1 autism earlier this year after being encouraged to get tested by my partner. He has been enthused (and relieved) to finally understand me better, but I've been struggling with accepting myself. I somehow always find a way to doubt the diagnosis, particularly since I was diagnosed online. It was the only path I felt capable of going down energy-wise. At any rate, I'm considering this a first step toward learning more about myself...
Welcome to Autism Forums!

New Threads

Top Bottom