• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi I'm "Masked," I suppose I have felt this way for a long time, although I am only in my early 20s. I am not officially diagnosed yet but pretty sure I am not NT. I work in a doctor's office, have a degree, overall life is pretty good although I do have issues with socializing, mostly due to being an introvert and having anxiety. I've been hanging around this site for a while I just have not registered for an account. I hope every one has a good day!

Hi I'm "Masked," I suppose I have felt this way for a long time, although I am only in my early 20s. I am not officially diagnosed yet but pretty sure I am not NT. I work in a doctor's office, have a degree, overall life is pretty good although I do have issues with socializing, mostly due to being an introvert and having anxiety. I've been hanging around this site for a while I just have not registered for an account. I hope every one has a good day!
Hello and welcome to the forums officially! I hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome, glad you decided to join. :)

Hello and welcome.

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful day. My name is Aoife (pronounced e-fa). I'm 22 years old and I'm from Ireland. I was recently diagnosed with Autism and inattentive ADHD in May 2023. It feels so good finally knowing why I am they way I am and that I'm not some sort of weird alien lol. I'm still trying to learn more about my diagnosis. Nice to meet you all.

welcome to af.png

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful day. My name is Aoife (pronounced e-fa). I'm 22 years old and I'm from Ireland. I was recently diagnosed with Autism and inattentive ADHD in May 2023. It feels so good finally knowing why I am they way I am and that I'm not some sort of weird alien lol. I'm still trying to learn more about my diagnosis. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome Aoife! I was diagnosed this year at 27. I feel the same and am doing the same, trying to learn more. Nice to meet you too.

Hi There, My name is Dan and I am 32 years old from Newcastle, UK. (That is my hand in my PFP - tattoo recently covered up as the autism idea i had didnt come out well unfortunately)

I was diagnosed with autism in 2020. I always knew I was different from everyone else around me and saw the world differently. Never feeling like I fit in, or being able to connect with people, even my own family, has led to wanting to find people who understand and can relate to my struggles.

Following my own personal struggles with my mental health and addiction, which I know believe have been a result of me not understanding about my autism. I have been working as a support worker to help vulnerable adults, in the hopes my own life experience can help others. I do have to admit i have been doing this sort of work for around 4 years now and it can cause severe burn out so im looking to switch careers to work with animals at some point.

I am a massive geek, i love video games and sci-fi (massive doctor who fan) but i also enjoy hiking and bike riding. I recently bought a second hand bike and replaced all the parts as a hobby to go riding down the coast.

Despite my job being very social im not really a people persona nd prefer to be alone.

Hi There, My name is Dan and I am 32 years old from Newcastle, UK. (That is my hand in my PFP - tattoo recently covered up as the autism idea i had didnt come out well unfortunately)

I was diagnosed with autism in 2020. I always knew I was different from everyone else around me and saw the world differently. Never feeling like I fit in, or being able to connect with people, even my own family, has led to wanting to find people who understand and can relate to my struggles.

Following my own personal struggles with my mental health and addiction, which I know believe have been a result of me not understanding about my autism. I have been working as a support worker to help vulnerable adults, in the hopes my own life experience can help others. I do have to admit i have been doing this sort of work for around 4 years now and it can cause severe burn out so im looking to switch careers to work with animals at some point.

I am a massive geek, i love video games and sci-fi (massive doctor who fan) but i also enjoy hiking and bike riding. I recently bought a second hand bike and replaced all the parts as a hobby to go riding down the coast.

Despite my job being very social im not really a people persona nd prefer to be alone.

Hi Dan, welcome. I'm glad you're doing so well now and doing such great work. I hope you find the career you are looking for. I think you will find a lot of people here you can relate to. It's a great feeling to be able to.

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder in 2017 as someone who was in my late twenties at the time.

I have just been a having a peek around the forums. This seems like an interesting place! :)

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder in 2017 as someone who was in my late twenties at the time.

I have just been a having a peek around the forums. This seems like an interesting place! :)
Welcome! I was also diagnosed this year in my later twenties at 27.

Hello everyone,

Welcome. You'll find lots of people here who have had similar experiences to your own. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom