• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does the weather affect you?

Sparticus

Jewish man kissing a Catholic woman....
Does the weather affect you more than others? Sometimes when it's cloudy I might get a headache but that might be because of broken bones I have because of injuries. I hate humidity...can't stand it.

What about you?

The weather has a great affect on me. It is not consistent however. It is a part of what makes up my mood each day. Sometimes a rainy day is depressing, but most of the time I dance in it. I love overcast days and cold weather. I typically do not like too much heat and I hate humidity.

Me too. I have Seasonal Affective disorder that I try to offset via having colored lights in my house thru out the year. I start in September and every few months I change the colors. Rain can be depressing though lightening & thunder can be cool if I'm indoors. I can deal with cold weather easier than hot weather.

Seems like w react to weather in a similar manner, Sparticus! The humidity drives me nuts too. Yesterday, the temperature soared out of nowhere to become freakishly unseasonably hot. With the 'humidex', it felt like 40 degrees C out there. THen today it was still too warm but extremely muggy & it rained all day. It was raining buckets when I had to get into my car early this morning: it definitely sucked! I prefer it a little cool rather than too hot since I can always put on a hoodie if I need to on a cool day BUT once its too hot, there's nothing I can do unless I'm in my home where I control the climate.

I feel the same way Soup. Ever since I have gained 10-20 lbs I can't stand the humidity. Love the Summer but not humidity. In cold weather I can put more clothes on. As you said at home we can control the temperature. I wonder what a smiley would look like to denote humidity's effect on our hair? :hot::furious::help::alien2::eek::sluggish::bruised:

I hate the inability to breathe when it's too humid! Walking long distances 5-8 miles in 108+ heat index with nearly 100% humidity
is pretty horrible!

:hot: You must be in great shape to have walked 5-8 miles in 108+ heat index WITH 100% humdity!

I hate the inability to breathe when it's too humid! Walking long distances 5-8 miles in 108+ heat index with nearly 100% humidity
is pretty horrible!

:hot: You must be in great shape to have walked 5-8 miles in 108+ heat index WITH 100% humdity!
Well I keep bouncing between 218-225lbs but I walk around 6 miles a day so not bad for my weight my goal is less than 200 by the new year
Thank you!

I'm 217lbs & I'd love to get to 205 and then if Pay per View Cable signs me up for a full contact fight...well I'd go down to 185 lbs. But getting back to 205 is my goal. How long does that take to walk-6 miles? I've been walking either 30 minutes or 45-60 minutes. I'd like to get that back up to 1-2 hours. I eat at night-not the smartest thing. :)

Well I keep bouncing between 218-225lbs but I walk around 6 miles a day so not bad for my weight my goal is less than 200 by the new year
Thank you!

Well, rain makes me happy and dreamy! I love thunderstorms too, makes me feel alive for some reason. Too much hotness and humidity can actually trigger a panic attack in me -but that can be due to the fact that my apartment doesn't really have good air-conditioning.. Also I used to love the winter as a kid! The snow would make me so happy (other kids stared in wonder >.<)! These days I get bad neck pains in too much coldness.. Can't enjoy it that much anymore :( But the more I can put clothes on, the safer I feel from everybody. And the way snow glistens during wintery nights, ahh, so beautiful, so magical :) My soul rests.

I'm 217lbs & I'd love to get to 205 and then if Pay per View Cable signs me up for a full contact fight...well I'd go down to 185 lbs. But getting back to 205 is my goal. How long does that take to walk-6 miles? I've been walking either 30 minutes or 45-60 minutes. I'd like to get that back up to 1-2 hours. I eat at night-not the smartest thing. :)
Well my average is 13min per mile so 2hrs would be about 8-9 miles. I was losing 3lbs a week trying to get back to that.
I'm hoping when I get back to work the combo we more lost every week. I can relate to the aggressive desire I haven't taken out a bully since 3rd grade
and I miss the fun of aggressive sports like hockey and football in school. I loved taking on rivals bigger than me and stunning them.

Though I like sunny days, high heat and humidity can be very hard on me. I sweat profusely and cannot control it when I have to do any work outside. The only way it seems for me to
stop sweating so much is to drink Gatorade or eat something very salty. Sometimes we get a very humid day after a heavy rain, and it gets hot outside. It is very hard to do anything constructive on these days. I think there is a name for this - hyperhidrosis.

Winter, me too. Hadassah, that's so beautiful what you wrote about snow glistening during wintery nights! During blizzards I used to go hiking at a Reservation/woods.

Well, rain makes me happy and dreamy! I love thunderstorms too, makes me feel alive for some reason. Too much hotness and humidity can actually trigger a panic attack in me -but that can be due to the fact that my apartment doesn't really have good air-conditioning.. Also I used to love the winter as a kid! The snow would make me so happy (other kids stared in wonder >.<)! These days I get bad neck pains in too much coldness.. Can't enjoy it that much anymore :( But the more I can put clothes on, the safer I feel from everybody. And the way snow glistens during wintery nights, ahh, so beautiful, so magical :) My soul rests.

I was doing good till 1 month ago when I pulled the left side of my stomach. Aggression-life is frustrating for me & Sports/walking helps me to be more peaceful. I like what you said about stunning larger opponents! It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. Cool.

Well my average is 13min per mile so 2hrs would be about 8-9 miles. I was losing 3lbs a week trying to get back to that.
I'm hoping when I get back to work the combo we more lost every week. I can relate to the aggressive desire I haven't taken out a bully since 3rd grade
and I miss the fun of aggressive sports like hockey and football in school. I loved taking on rivals bigger than me and stunning them.

I have aquaphobia and I live in Scotland, does the weather affect me you ask? You could say that.

I love the change of seasons. Used to live in a place that had only two of them.

But with each change comes a new distribution of pollen...not good for my allergies!

Prolonged gloomy weather makes me depressed and tired and if I spend too long out in bright sunny weather I often end up with green spots before my eyes and a mild headache. The worst is this heavy misty warm humid drizzle that we sometimes get (always summer or spring and always an hour or so before sunset) the air is saturated so much you could cut it with a knife, I swear it is so heavy and damp a Goldfish could live happily in it, but it makes breathing difficult as if my lungs can't get enough oxygen and I wheeze and gasp in it, its a relief to get home and breath dry air.

Last edited:
The weather here is so miserable. The dirty, dingy snow and overcast sky depresses me, and I absolutely have to go out today. Oh well, this too shall pass, but I'm looking forward to a day when we have fresh snow and sunshine. That will lift my spirits.

I wish everyone can live in sunny tropical places where there is warm weather and Sun all year long. The weather had not affected me because I live in a place where I get 12 hours of sunshine every day for most days. But I prefer to stay indoors in the comfort of air conditioner, as the weather is simply too hot for me. Otherwise, it does not really affect me.

Cold weather eventually gets to me after being below freezing for just so long. Tomorrow and the next day may be new experiences for me with the potential of subzero temperatures. Nothing like cold weather to wake you up out of a sound sleep. Arrrrrrrrrgh.

New Threads

Top Bottom