• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone wear the same clothes over and over?

May I ask because it slightly intrigues me from your knowledge to a large percentage of American tops, shirts ,T-shirts ,have a size/washing Instruction label on them,This seems to have stopped with some cotton shirts and T-shirts in the UK and I heard some American members had never experienced it

As I live in my own bubble and fashion is not my fortay, I can only tell you from my experience...

I think on higher quality or priced items the tags aren’t there as frequent or are printed directly on to the item.

I also think newer items are being printed on and that probably costs more and takes more time to do than just making a thousand of these tags and attaching them.

Most of the time I think the tags are probably on T-shirt :/

As for my socks, stitching can really bother me.

As I live in my own bubble and fashion is not my fortay, I can only tell you from my experience...

I think on higher quality or priced items the tags aren’t there as frequent or are printed directly on to the item.

I also think newer items are being printed on and that probably costs more and takes more time to do than just making a thousand of these tags and attaching them.

Most of the time I think the tags are probably on T-shirt :/

As for my socks, stitching can really bother me.
The only reason I noticed it is because I was used to a tag being there and I noticed theyd used fabric paint to put the size and washing instructions on,For some reason it’s just T-shirts and longsleeved T-shirts curious to know why,this was printed on the cheapest T-shirt I’ve ever seen from a supermarket , I bought diabetic socks once they are not the cheapest ,I’m endlessly looking for a fabric that is the perfect temperature, another goal in life is a fabric that would make me invisible,But I also buy things for the cheapest ,use the money for catfood instead.

Yep, always done this and I'll always try to buy an exact replica of a garment or pair of shoes when they wear out, because buying something new makes me feel really anxious and stressed in case I don't end up liking it. I've only recently started to just buy a few of the same thing so I'm not left in that position!

I wear similar clothes, but I do not wear the same clothes repeatedly.

I buy new clothes once a month. So my wardrobe is quite large.

I can't tell you how many times I've bought something cute that I'm super excited about, but then I go to wear it and I just... can't. It makes me too uncomfortable. I have multiple pairs of the same type of pants/shorts/shoes that I swap between, but I'm more flexible on shirts.

I have a bunch of patterned socks though and I try to match them to my activities for that day.

You should always try on clothes before you buy them.

I admit that I buy and own more clothing than I need. To me, it's a self-care thing: I am old and flabby-looking and I feel attention to my appearance shows self-respect. I will wear the same outfit two days in a row (or more) so long as I am going to be around different people those two days. (I don't care what my husband sees, and I doubt he even notices what I am wearing.)

To me, feeling comfortable in an outfit is more than just scratchy tags or rubbing seams. I have mental discomfort if a bra strap is showing, or some of my scars visible, or if you can clearly see every detail of my underwear through a thin dress.

Same here, but I feel ashamed if I wear the same outfit two days in a row. The only time I don't feel ashamed is wearing the same PJs twice in a row, especially since nobody gives a crap of what you wear to bed (if you wear anything to bed at all).

My friends think it is odd that if I like an item, I will buy it in all the colours. I also get extremely miffed if I really like something and it's only in one colour, which is also amusing, apparently.

I get really stressed about deciding on what to wear, so when I started working, my partner said I should have my own 'uniform'. I settled on jeans, t-shirt, boots, then it's just getting the next clean things, no decision required.

I buy clothes based on comfort. I do not care about style at all. I have a dozen pairs of grey uniform pants. They are very comfortable, very tough and I have had them a very long time. I wear plain, pocketed t-shirts of different colors, however I prefer dark colors. I have to buy those more often than pants. I always wear black socks and black boots or shoes. This is how I dress almost everyday.

I do have some dress clothes that my wife makes me wear when we go somewhere. I wear these clothes so I do not embarrass her when we are out and about, because she does care about style.

Yes I buy multiple items of shirts T shirts jeans fleeces and shoes, usually blues, greys or greeny blues, recently I ve bought more varied T shirt colours. I buy mens clothes if I can get a good fit as they tend to be roomier and more comfortable, but I usually get women's jeans and for all items I mostly have to search for something I find comfortable and adequate.

I am sad if an item becomes too worn and is unavailable, equally sometimes I get tired of an item I bought a lot of. But not usually, and I ll come back to it usually.

Last edited:
l like to dress nice for that special person outside of that , l too would like clothes that made me invisible to the general public. I would wear them at work so that the male workers would ignore me and take their stupid 12 year-old attitude somewhere else.

No, but I do dress fairly similar every day. I have a stock of black shirts, pants and sweaters, similar in style. I think this may lead to some people to believe I wear the same clothes every day, while I'm in fact changing them fairly often.

According to my mother, apparently I did had the habit of wearing precisely the same shirt every day.

Yes. But for me, it's more about comfort. I'm so picky about how my clothes (well, mostly pants and especially denim) feel, and I usually end up wearing the same two pairs of jeans/pants/shorts and having to wash them all the time. I always try to find pairs that fit me properly and feel comfortable, but it is super hard to find ones that feel perfect. I hate how it feels when jeans are even the slightest bit tight, but it's hard to find ones that don't feel at all tight but also aren't sliding off my butt. lol. So out of the few pairs I do buy, I tend to find one or two that feel the most comfortable and will just constantly wear them.

I cheat a little. As long as I don't sweat or think I got poison ivy or something like that, I'll wear the same pants twice so that I don't have to do laundry too often, lol.

All my clothes look the same day to day. Usually an oversize blue tee shirt and navy blue capris made out of knit t shirt fabric and has elastic waistband. Black loose socks, and always the same type of shoe. Always.

Been wearing the same winter coats (2 thick hoodies) since 2008. They are very ripped. I don't care.

Sameness is very, very important.

I have an old ripped backpack that I've had for almost 10 years. I put new zippers on it and everything. Finally, my daughter gave me a new backpack, and I accepted it, as the old one was failing, and the new one is a nice, calm gunmetal grey that won't stand out. Very cozy.

Sameness... sameness.. sameness... ahhhhh tranquility

Complete opposite. I get anxious with having NOT too many clothes and it takes a lot of effort to wear something twice.

This is no doubt stemmed from childhood neglect. It was my school that taught me ( via a video to the whole class) that wearing the same clothes each day, is unhygenic and I had been wearing the same knickers for months! And from there, got obsessed with knickers and needed a change of clothes everyday, which was not so easy.

The adult me now, only feels comfortable if I have a lot in my wardrobe. But I am not financially sound and thus, cannot go out and buy tons of new items and so, my clothes get a lot of wear.

I also get anxious if I am wearing the same colour and if I have to go out, I panic to think I may be wearing the same item that I wore last time and in fact, just this morning, I asked my husband if he is fed up of seeing me in one particular colour and his response was: no; you wear a variety of colours and I have been thinking I am wearing a lot of blue.

When I was working I never seemed to have enough pants/shirts or suits to get through the week/laundry day, because they were so expensive. Or at least I tried to get by with a certain number of each and now that seems ridiculous because I had a paycheck. But gee, buy plenty of work clothes AND home clothes? crazy.

Now I'm retired and I just wear jeans/tshirts all the time, layered with long sleeve shirts during the winter. I ordered a bunch of cheap tshirts a few years ago and they havent all worn out yet, and replace the jeans every few years. The shirts arent all the same color but who knows, maybe some people think they are. Ive never been into fashion though, the less time I have to spend in a store the better IMO.

But yeah, it's more than annoying when the type of clothes that work for you are at the very least being faded out. I have crummy feet/ankles so I NEED sneakers that dont have really tight toes, and dont have mesh because I'm guessing my feet would just break through the mesh, and what if I drop something on them? And in the winter? I'd be freezing I think. So yeah, what's up with the fashion industry? To me it's not just fashion, these are necessities in my clothing/shoes.

I wear the same cloths everyday. I can wear the same shorts for days but I do change my tops everyday however I do wear the same eight or so tops over and over again. I also go out with the same white shorts. I find I don't care about buying cloths as long as they are comfortable I care even if they are worn out.

New Threads

Top Bottom