• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I’m a simple person; MATH!

* Fire particles (size) = can get through mask, ask any official that knows. CDC in California stated that the mask were worthless for smoke? Hmmmm....?

* Covid particles (size) = much smaller than the fire particle that can get through a mask.

Simple, do the math. Don’t argue with me, I didn’t invent math.

Ok. Here is a simple way to think of it. Cheese cloth and spray paint. You can pour paint right thru cheese cloth. But if you were to hang the cheese cloth up with pins, and use a spray paint can on it, most of the paint would stay on the fabric, and not pass through it.

We are all doomed, but ill die with a roll of un-scented Toilet Paper in my cold dead hand, I ain’t going easy my friends.

@Skittlebisquit : Spray paint is nothing like covid in my aspie mind so that analogy isn’t working in this brain. Apples to oranges. Ever notice, they never tell you what kind of apples they are comparing to the oranges do they? Always has bothered me.

I see no simple solutions or guarantees in this scenario. This includes all of the existing "vaccines" being distributed, apart from policies like wearing masks and social distancing.

That said, the use of masks is just another aspect of loss control. Policy intended to avoid and/or reduce hazards and casualties through proactive measures. A concept that is neither fool-proof or carries any kind of guarantee. It's just another precautionary measure recognizing there are no absolutes over who or how one contracts- or avoids this virus no different than the medical community's emphasis on preventative care.

A mask won't prevent particles from escaping, but they may prevent them from being aerosolized at a great distance which can potentially infect that may more people. Again, there are no absolutes in such equations. Such policies which are designed to reduce hazards and casualties- not eliminate them entirely.

Though none of this really addresses the phenomena of morale hazards. Humans who choose or advocate to do nothing to protect themselves or others in society. While insurers can find creative ways of dropping them as policyholders, it's a bit more difficult for the authorities. It potentially represents an obstacle in attaining herd immunity, which also has no guarantee.

Infectious disease physician breaks down coronavirus mask myths

EXACTLY! Nobody has a clue, even the doctors, nobody seems to know or everyone says they are “experts” right?!

I think these experts go to the same school that the TV weather people go to - school of “Guess and Be Lucky” lol.

EXACTLY! Nobody has a clue, even the doctors, nobody seems to know or everyone says they are “experts” right?!

I think these experts go to the same school that the TV weather people go to - school of “Guess and Be Lucky” lol.

Exac

Exactly. l think it is 50/50 if you catch it. Because people who shouldn't catch it caught it and died. And 96 years old and they don't catch it or they catch it and survived. There was no rhyme or reason. l just start to wonder if there is another backstory that we don't know. And never will know.

Oops, whats up with those quotes. lol

when I was in college 40 years ago taking micro biology we used regular microscope to see bacteria, an electron microscope to see viruses.

Like it or not, much of science involves "winging it". Seldom a process that can be done in record time just to meet perceived and pressing needs. And despite any apparent success, it doesn't guarantee they have all the answers at any given time.

Los Alamos, New Mexico 1945:

Pentagon Liason Officer: "Sir, do you think this gadget will really work? And will it destroy New Mexico, or vaporize the entire planet?"

Dr. Robert Oppenheimer: "Beats me, kid. I just work here."

Let's hope they get this one right too. o_O

Exac

Exactly. l think it is 50/50 if you catch it. Because people who shouldn't catch it caught it and died. And 96 years old and they don't catch it or they catch it and survived. There was no rhyme or reason. l just start to wonder if there is another backstory that we don't know. And never will know.

Oops, whats up with those quotes. lol

thier is a genetic basis for who gets sick, see neatherthal connection south asians and northern eurpeans have the highest chance of getting sick.

vax.JPG

Got my second Pfizer shot today. The hospital is handing out these because people here like to brag about being vaccinated. They even had a background area set up for selfies. My arm feels sore but that's about it. I noticed that several women were flinging their vax arm around because of the soreness. The injection spot itches a little too.

upload_2021-4-27_14-45-40.png

That's the sticker I got for my first shot.

My cousin in California took a picture of himself with his shot card
and the two suckers he got. No suckers where I went.

They can't hand out stuff like suckers here because the diverse population makes the liability issue too great. But the hospital ordered special bandaids with the hospital name on them and hand out stickers so people can show their friends. Vaccine bragging is common here.

So someone got 2nd vaccination and basically was paralysed in the news. She has a little feeling in her toes but going into intense pt at hospital. l think l am passing on this.

Thanks Tree. I appreciate you posting this. I respectfully disagree with you.
My job involved serving people who had Covid. Quite a few people. So maybe my body has one or two antibodies. Yet l have heard so many stories of bad reactions to the vaccination. Yes. I was tested for Covid and it was not detected.
But l always like your posts, and apprciate you being on staff.☺

Last edited:
Lots of people in my area who are classified as "essential" but haven't got a first shot yet. The ones I really feel for are the bus drivers since some of their guests can be quite lovely.

Vaccine adverse effects and deaths directly attributed to taking it are barely being reported by the mainstream media, even though both the UK and US are publishing the true figures on their respective government websites. It's clear for all to see (if you're willing to drill down into the website), so why is it not being reported so that the public are being properly informed I wonder?

Watch this independent UK news report if you want to see the government's actual figures clearly revealed.

UK Column News - 19th April 2021

Last edited:
For people who rely on anecdotes rather than science to evaluate vaccine safety, I knew two people who died from Covid. They suffocated to death. I don't know anyone who died or even had a severe reaction to the vaccination.

New Threads

Top Bottom