• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I’ve read articles where the biggest spreader of covid was by using a Trumpet or by Yodeling, so don’t blow your horn or yodel and you should live a long life :)

For people who rely on anecdotes rather than science to evaluate vaccine safety, I knew two people who died from Covid. They suffocated to death. I don't know anyone who died or even had a severe reaction to the vaccination.

I’m sorry your friends passed. I do have a question, did either have other issues like asthma, COPD or breathing problems from heart or weight issues? Am asking because have been told by many in the medical field that people are dying of one thing but it’s being called covid because they hospital will receive another aprox $30,000 per “covid” patient over what a regular death would be.

Asking for a friend.

I’m sorry your friends passed. I do have a question, did either have other issues like asthma, COPD or breathing problems from heart or weight issues? Am asking because have been told by many in the medical field that people are dying of one thing but it’s being called covid because they hospital will receive another aprox $30,000 per “covid” patient over what a regular death would be.

Asking for a friend.

One of my friends had some lung issues before she contracted Covid. The other person was in her 70s so age probably played a role. If they had been vaccinated, then their chances of survival would have been much greater. No one should blythely assume they lack any underlying medical condition that could put them at greater risk for a bad outcome from Covid. Many people don't realize they have an underlying condition until it is diagnosed contemporaneously with Covid.

The rumor that hospitals get paid extra money for "Covid deaths" has been repeatedly debunked. The rumor has been promoted to enhance a political cause. Hospitals don't get paid for deaths, regardless what causes the death. Just because someone works in the medical field doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. For example, what does a hospital orderly, respiratory therapist, or phlebotomist know about the hospital accounting department? Nothing, in all likelihood, so be careful who you rely on for accurate information about accounting matters.

Is this the same CDC that said “Do not use a mask as protection for smoke in the California fires?”

Aren’t smoke particles larger than viruses?

I’m not a doctor, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

This terrifies me, they all should be wearing mask!!! 600 people?

“A YODELLING concert attended by 600 die-hard fans in Switzerland is being blamed for what could be Europe's worst coronavirus ’supercluster’.

Experts now believe the special “musical” - held in the rural Schwyz canton region in late September - is responsible for a surge in Covid-19 cases in the area.”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1646835/switzerland-yodellers-coronavirus-supercluster/

Having a rough week in general, much tighter restrictions have come in for Alberta this week, apparently we have the highest per capita rate in North America here... I'm just discouraged, our Premier even encouraging everyone to stay home except for necessary trips...

And about classic cars and the shows? Nothing... Nothing at all given the circumstances, I crave car shows and cruise nights and they are wiped out right now!

One has been happening informally so far this year, but the owner of the restaurant (host) sent out a message today... I'll admit I was there last Friday, because I crave classic cars, but I plan to stay away for awhile - against what my heart wants to do... I'm fearful of having no car events this summer, maybe too strong of a word but with the lack of other events it seems like it's all I have to look forward to right now... I'm just torn (text below)

A&W - Donny.jpg

Having a rough week in general, much tighter restrictions have come in for Alberta this week, apparently we have the highest per capita rate in North America here... I'm just discouraged, our Premier even encouraging everyone to stay home except for necessary trips...

And about classic cars and the shows? Nothing... Nothing at all given the circumstances, I crave car shows and cruise nights and they are wiped out right now!

One has been happening informally so far this year, but the owner of the restaurant (host) sent out a message today... I'll admit I was there last Friday, because I crave classic cars, but I plan to stay away for awhile - against what my heart wants to do... I'm fearful of having no car events this summer, maybe too strong of a word but with the lack of other events it seems like it's all I have to look forward to right now... I'm just torn (text below)

View attachment 67439

I totally understand how you feel. All of us are just going to have to muscle through this mess. It, too, shall pass so I try to focus on the future and not so much on the present. Just think how fantastic future car shows will be after the quarantine is over and everyone can once again participate. The first unrestricted, free-to-mingle show will be awsome, and enthusiasts have had a year at home to work on their cars.

I've been so isolated this past year. I have a friend down the road from me, known each other for 60 years since we were 6 years old, who is frustrated, too. So yesterday the two of us had a Cinco de Mayo party at her house, drank too many margueritas and ate an entire bag of corn chips and a bottle of homemade salsa. I haven't drunk that much booze in years. And, it felt GOOD for a change.

So... (see my post two above this), I went to the classic car cruise tonight - perhaps contrary to what I said in that post - but went later in the evening when I knew there would be far less people and cars... Arrived at about 8:15 PM, and there were about ten cars there, and not many people... Within 20 minutes a stupid bylaw van rolls in with lights flashing, and orders everyone to disperse... It wasn't even crowded! o_O

I just don't know when life will ever get back to normal, the Canadian gov't is mishandling the vaccination process, we are so far down the list for vaccination rates... I'm watching other countries starting to re-start events (and life), here in Canada it's looking like a second summer with no events (boring... the dark ages), for a single person living on their own there is literally nothing to do (snooze)... I am running out of patience and am getting increasingly frustrated...

How not crowded was it when I showed up tonight? And bylaw showed up before I got a photo of that yellow Chevy Luv pickup in the back :(

A&W Cruise 13.jpg

Last edited:
They closed down my county rapid testing centers in Florida. Some stores are easing up on the masks. Many people caught Covid and came back to tell us at the club. One guy caught it twice.

But l decided to slow the heck down, sleep more and cut my stress levels. So l will be wearing a mask to keep people safe.

California is still holding on to the mask and social distancing mandates. Newsom is promising that the mandates will officially go away June 15. However I think a lot of private businesses will still require masks and distancing in their stores, mainly out of fear of being sued. California is the state that legislated that compliance with the ADA would be via citizen litigation, spawning a cottage industry of professional plaintiffs who will literally sue every single business on a certain commercial corridor. It sure makes the trial lawyers happy. I think that many retail stores will hold onto the old mandates because they don't want to be forced to use their profits to make some smarmy lawyer richer than he already is. Also a lot of people are going to isolate themselves as much as possible for the rest of their lives. Children especially have already internalized the idea that other people and the outside world are sources of death. We might eventually have young adults living in the forests as hermits.

California is still holding on to the mask and social distancing mandates. Newsom is promising that the mandates will officially go away June 15. However I think a lot of private businesses will still require masks and distancing in their stores, mainly out of fear of being sued. California is the state that legislated that compliance with the ADA would be via citizen litigation, spawning a cottage industry of professional plaintiffs who will literally sue every single business on a certain commercial corridor. It sure makes the trial lawyers happy. I think that many retail stores will hold onto the old mandates because they don't want to be forced to use their profits to make some smarmy lawyer richer than he already is. Also a lot of people are going to isolate themselves as much as possible for the rest of their lives. Children especially have already internalized the idea that other people and the outside world are sources of death. We might eventually have young adults living in the forests as hermits.

We still have lots of activity around the city but no events, plenty of people wandering around downtown where I was today, but I also suspect that (and always have) that some people will have more trouble emerging from the isolation, when it's allowed to happen more... And I know that family units have to be more careful than single people...

Last edited:
YOU like cars I like tractors , here is a pic of a car I owned 40 years ago the only decent tractor museum is in Alberta. My favourite colour is yellow...
1980 Yellow Capri.JPG

About to identify as vaccinated this week, which comes with a neat little card!

You are free to use whatever pronouns most convenient to you.

It's mid may and passengers should have windows open anyway, one of my friends says he got a dirty look for opening a Windows but a couple of passengers. I'm happy I don't board them I see them all windows closed and all seats taken. My friend says there was also coughers.

I've been having really bad pain in my teeth and gums on the lower left side of my jaw for several weeks now. I went to the dentist and had an X-ray, he said there were cracks in one of my back teeth and I needed a new filling but other than that everything looked fine. So I got my old filling removed and replaced but I still keep getting bad pain in was feels like my gums between the teeth in the same area. I've also been getting a lot of what feels like sores or bad gingivitis in the rest of my mouth. The roof of my mouth is all cut up right now from I don't know what and is taking slowly to heal. I get strange metallic tastes in my mouth and all kinds of food I eat feel like acid. I don't know if it's from stress because of Covid and everyting else, or some reaction to every brand of toothpaste I use, or some vitamin deficiency even though I've been taking vitamins, or decreased immunity or even oral cancer or HIV and I'm really worried and scared.:coldsweat:

He rather sounds like an entitled douche.
He "at one point fearing he'd never play guitar again", which is to say, he got better, and will in be able to play, despite his baseless fears.
He's managed to get both vaccine doses, now giving him afaik 0 chance of dying to covid, and is complaining about the side effects, while billions of people around the world still have no vaccine, and 10000+ people per day are still dying.
Total "poor me" case. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom