• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
Using your numbers, the mortality rate of those known to have contracted the virus is 2.7% (1 out of 37).
full

So much of it is political. I bet after the election it becomes less of a big deal. The news about it just keeps going in circles. Seems like the same stuff keeps being said about it in cycles. Just with the mask issue it goes back and forth around and around. And in US news it's basically Trump coronavirus Trump coronavirus Trump coronavirus Trump coronavirus Trump coronavirus...

My guess is things will change after November 3rd. However I am also guessing it to be a year from now before the whole issue finally runs out of steam.

Last edited:
My country, due to entering winter some days ago, has had one of the longest quarantines in the World. Argentina already passed 100 days of mandatory quarantine. It certainly ruined me mentally. I am tired, but since my city only had 10 cases and all of them recovered, we had some recreational things to do, for example I go running (or jogging), don't know what's the correct term in English. Love you all.

They have been sounding the red alert over a big increase in cases. But what I am seeing looking at the Worldometer, which I have monitored for months, is the number of deaths attributed to coronavius are on the low side comparatively speaking. Yesterday New York had 14 deaths as compared to when the numbers were +700. The highest number yesterday was 88 in Arizona.

Last edited:
I been feeling lonely during this pandemic so I reached out to people from my life group and one of the girls contacted me and we hung out in the park talking for a hour. We played it safe wearing masks and at normal distance that we can still socialize.

I feel better socializing with her as before all the socializing is done by Zoom and texting except when my friend Justin called me.

I'm anxious where I stay in my block where I am in a flat, there is someone who coughs in the corridors
and they slam there door even late at night

WHO: Airborne virus transmission can't be ruled out
With this story (below) I quote 'The airborne transmission could not be ruled out in crowded, closed or poorly ventilated settings, an official said'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946

This makes me feel more anxious
With this story (below) I quote 'The airborne transmission could not be ruled out in crowded, closed or poorly ventilated settings, an official said'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946

This makes me feel more anxious

Last week, I went to our pharmacy which has a mask requirement. One lady had a mask upon which she printed an image of her own smile (from a photograph). :D

Last edited:
Doom and gloom. Shortages of everything. Job losses, evictions galore. And sick and slowly leaving us people......

Yet, l started a new job at my dinosaur age with a bunch of people and l am surviving. This dilemma showed me - l am a fighter. l am emotionally better then 5 years ago.

We are different,yet this forum has been a community in itself. Big shout out to everyone here. Stay safe, look at how far you have come.

The lockdown has been eased up in the Atlantic provinces so my brother and sil were finally able to leave New Brunswick and visit my parents and me in Nova Scotia. My mom had made this big, beautiful chocolate layer cake, which was originally going to be a belated birthday cake for my brother but she decided to leave off the candles and make it a cake for everyone. I called it our "family reunion cake".:yum:

Some may say, all these covid measures are like being in a police state

That's what some said in 1981 when the city of San Francisco passed the first comprehensive indoor anti-smoking ordinance in the United States. They got over it, and we shall get over this as well.

When it comes to public health exposures, one's individual civil rights go only so far. What amounts to a universal constant in any democracy. Where many are likely to adapt faster than a few troublesome holdouts.

Every society has their myriad of "do's and dont's. This is no different. But then in this case the enemy isn't a conflicting ideology, but a virus that is indifferent to who it infects or kills. One that does not negotiate with its host in whole or in part. Where our best weapon against it remains science and little else. That for most of us our best response is likely to be compliance and patience, being hopeful of a successful vaccine coming some time next year.

"You know you got to go through hell before you get to heaven" - Steve Miller Band

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom