• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I have heard it both ways-

1. Those with mental health issues are finding it easier to cope now

2. Those with mental health issues are finding it harder to cope now.

What is your experience?

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. Maybe their brush with coronavirus will prompt them to pay more attention to the medical experts' advice about masks, social distancing and handwashing. Our children and grandchildren are still observing precautions for us.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. Maybe their brush with coronavirus will prompt them to pay more attention to the medical experts' advice about masks, social distancing and handwashing. Our children and grandchildren are still observing precautions for us.
She's an essential worker - working at an animal shelter. They've taken precautions. And apparently the precautions have been working so far. lol

Happy day for you! During all this, you have a reason to smile!!
thank you. I'm just as thrilled to hear about grandchild #11 as I was #1.

I remember when my daughter in law told me they were going to start trying for a baby and it didn't really sink in until she was telling me about this grandma plaque she had seen and thought was cute. My thinking went like this, "Oh, that's so sweet of her to think about my mom....oh wait...she's talking about me!" lol

I made chocolate pudding with whipped cream today for breakfast. Blame it on the virus. :p

Ok, ok. It was really that milk in my fridge was on the cusp. Use it or lose it.

So I had my pudding and ate it too. :cool:

Last edited:
For many ASD people living alone, it's heaven; for those who have to stay in home all day with others, it might be torture.

I wish I could live this quarantine under different conditions.

@Trophonius

Yes, l definitely count my blessings that l am not in a abusive relationship. It really hurt that l couldn't leave my abusive relationship because l wanted my daughter to complete high school. She now is attending college. Everyday, l thought about being free. If l had to live with him thru this - l would be on antidepressants.

This post and this forum really helped me power thru the uncertainty of it all. Think that it is particularly troublesome, not knowing anything. My executive functions tripped a bit but for the most part l stayed sorta on top. I have one pressing task. I also try to do as little as possible because of heat.

I am very thankful for a friend who plants little seeds of encouragement around me and helped me to the point l am today. Sometimes l trip, but l noticed l am moving faster and my response is quicker, and gas lighting doesn't have the same affect anymore on me. I am really happy. So thank you special one.☺

It's frightening the amount of young people who don't work these days. That has been a eyeopener.

Last edited:
Staying home the most part feeling im in a psyche ward. Other days rebelling getting out getting sunlight and playing pokemon go at the the park even with police choppers hovering around for an hour and i give them the bird we do our raids and i go back home. I peel out in my v8 and by the time pigs arrive im long gone at home long gone playing video games and watching tv laughing.

il_794xN.1851969839_3bxq.jpg

So the death rate has dropped in New York and that's a good sign all around. There is more information about what's going on. People actually seem humanized by all of this. Because in one swell swoop, everything that we love about life was gone. Everybody loves different things. I lived 9 days without electricity in 90 degree heat which was hard at my age a couple years back. My mom didn't call or ask anything of how l was doing. This time around she actually enquired about me. And offered some assistance. Am l more human now, l like to believe l always was but l am more thankful for certain things happening to me. Bad outcomes have seem to have brought better life choices.

What was way surprising? All the helpless people that were targeted with COV19. You smoke or heavily smoked? Gotta ya. You have health related issues- gotta ya. You are very old, very young, no health insurance, and you are male? Gotta you too. It's been very numbing that anything can throw you under the bus. Like how do you respond, l am counting how many people l know in my age range and older and praying they stay safe. Afraid to work with my last co-worker because she is a chronic smoker and she even sounds worse, her voice is even hoarse from smoking.. She offered me a position but due to my senior age, l have nicely turned her down. We got along great. But this virus has come between me and possible jobs.

So much harder, My dad is 65 with diabetes and doesn't always use the best judgement in taking care of himself. Isolation has made him restless and knowing how worried he is makes me worry about him. Not to mention he avoids telling me when something is wrong and I have to fish information out of my step mom.
Aside from him, covid also has been triggering sever panic attacks. I have been working on meditation and exercise to compensate, but other life events that are also stressful have decided to happen right now, so that doesn't help.

I'm anxious where I stay in my block where I am in a flat, there is someone who coughs in the corridors and they slam there door even late at night

Hi, all. Yeah, the world has been on edge lately (moreso than recent years past), and I have to this say (please, no rude/negative comments here; please don't waste your time with all that negativity):
It's not about my feelings. It's okay and expected to be tired. I see you. I hear you. I love you. I'll do everything in my power to fight for justice in this world- my place is to listen and help.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I DO care. But worrying constantly about what is feared to the point where you can't live your life properly is another thing. It isn't good for your health, mentally and physically.

I close it with this: We WILL get through this together. We WILL endure.

This has been a message from me, E2LA.

My mom stepped forward with support for me. I am really surprised. Maybe people are stepping forward and helping you out. Who are those people?

Hi, all. Yeah, the world has been on edge lately (moreso than recent years past), and I have to this say (please, no rude/negative comments here; please don't waste your time with all that negativity):
It's not about my feelings. It's okay and expected to be tired. I see you. I hear you. I love you. I'll do everything in my power to fight for justice in this world- my place is to listen and help.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I DO care. But worrying constantly about what is feared to the point where you can't live your life properly is another thing. It isn't good for your health, mentally and physically.

I close it with this: We WILL get through this together. We WILL endure.

This has been a message from me, E2LA.
Long time no see eq2la i was permabanned from WP for sticking up for myself against a bully in PPR im here now im safe here. Friendship is magic.

Right now coping im taking my meds and getting high and drunk at home, watching alot of anime and goofy movies of south park and beavis and butthead, other days im sober awake i get out and enjoy the sun and hit the parks playing pokemon go. I do miss times when things were normal but taking my meds to stay stable not be depressed.

New Threads

Top Bottom