• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating Corner

Username: wab
Sexuality: Straight
Religion: None
Politics: Labor Party
Philosophy: Can't remember
Obsessions/Interests: 70s/80s music and movies (The Band, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Redgum, Santana, Frank Zappa), dogs, birds, genealogy, collecting vinyl records and rock memorabilia, bike riding.
Desired Partner Characteristics: Preferably someone with the same interests and views as me and who's also an Aspie.
Self-Description: I play guitar and have 700+ vinyl records.

Last edited:
Hi Wab. I'm from Melbourne too. Just a bit excited to see someone else from my neck of the woods on here!

Username: Jonathan Lees
Religion: None
Politics: super left wing and liberal.
Philosophy: to be living means to be born with no purpose, extend your life out of weakness and die for no reason.
Obsessions/Interests:board games, table top roleplaying, video games, films(all sorts), music(all sorts), comics, books(sci fi, fantasy and historical fiction), meditation, long walks, hiking, climbing, tie dye, tattoos, geology, history, science and more.

im a student and i have an interesting backstory so message me if you want to know more.

username: eonbus

sexuality: straight

politics: the idiots of society.

theory, human behavior is vibrations and instincts. the way we think and know and feel.

obsession: gaming

my ideal way of dating, make it worth lasting.

Username: Fuzzy9770
Sexuality: straight
Religion: Atheism
Obsessions/Interests: not much time left for this since i study again... Emergency services (volunteer firefighter) and i used to be interested in public transport.
Desired Partner Characteristics: I'll add more information here if someone from Belgium would answer.

who is so smart they will start a new autistic dating site and tell us the site name when they are finished

I ask myself do I want to date someone like me. Someone that never smiles and hard to communicate with and does not get joy out of fun things...I would not want to date someone like me

I ask myself do I want to date someone like me. Someone that never smiles and hard to communicate with and does not get joy out of fun things...I would not want to date someone like me
That sounds like you are depressed. Is there anything you take joy in?

I take joy in meeting a friend for a dinner every so often but I am getting to them as I am too much for them. Each friend says the same things to me. They say " you are so hyper", "you talk too much", "you act like you have high anxiety all the time", "you act so nervous all the time", "you are too negative" , "you are only comfortable when there is drama" so I am too much for everyone. I seem to keep each friend for about a month

Now what makes me happy is I just discovered this site. I can speak freely and be myself with no judgment. Also investigating and doing research on autism and me makes me happy too

also what makes me happy is seeing every post I can relate to so much and it makes me feel better there are people like me because when I work at a company there seems to only be one of me there. I never see an autistic anywhere I work

I take joy in meeting a friend for a dinner every so often but I am getting to them as I am too much for them. Each friend says the same things to me. They say " you are so hyper", "you talk too much", "you act like you have high anxiety all the time", "you act so nervous all the time", "you are too negative" , "you are only comfortable when there is drama" so I am too much for everyone. I seem to keep each friend for about a month
You need to round up a nice easy going Flagmatic person who can sleep through a Hurricain, and sit in a lawn chair and do the cross word puzzle while a tornado shreds the neighbors house.

Not me by the way, I'm more a nail biter worry worry worry!:rolleyes:

You need to round up a nice easy going Flagmatic person who can sleep through a Hurricain, and sit in a lawn chair and do the cross word puzzle while a tornado shreds the neighbors house.

Not me by the way, I'm more a nail biter worry worry worry!:rolleyes:

sounds more like me lol. i've had a lot of crap from not reacting the "right way" throughout my life (everybody knows how average people can be with it, but my family was the same way. dad specifically, just about everything was wrong, whether it was tieing a trashbag the wrong way, toasting my bread the wrong way or anything.. i like to say he taught me everything about what not to do, but nothing about what to actually do. even parking a car (he's never driven btw or had a license).. but if somebody takes 2 spaces on the street he wants to slash their tires or atleast jump on their car until the alarm goes off so the people come out. and i told him a few days ago i wanted to make some stuff with clay.. he told me to dig 2ft down at the park instead of buying clay (mind you i'm also in a city where the closest park is owned by the highschool and gated off from everybody except highschool sports)
but omg hurricanes are so relaxing lol. never had a tornado close enough to do damage to where i was (some a bit close.. 1 at the city border once) but... yeah, most things don't effect me. i did create a habitual laugh and mild smirk however so i appear to be better than i am (i pass quite well.. if i want or need to)

aspieology sucks. i already did my input no women respond to one single damn message. honest they need to stop ignoring messages.

Username: David Larson

Religion: Non-denominational Christian

Politics: Progressive

Philosophy: Pragmatism above all with influences from Utilitarianism, Hedonism, and Aristippianism

Obsessions/Interests: Psychology and to a lesser extent pharmacology. I also just love to learn; thank God for Google. I do some writing on occasion, and I journal my thoughts, feelings, and ideas for later reflection. Yes, that means I have a diary, I hide it under my bed to keep it secret from everyone :) Other than that I read, exercise, and generally try to keep busy, failing which I watch TV and play video games.

Desired Partner Characteristics: Someone I can trust, someone real, someone who's been through some hard times and knows/has what it takes to rise above. Intelligence is a plus, but keep in mind there are a lot of different ways to be smart. I suppose what I'm looking for is someone who wants to take on the world with me; power through the challenges, revel in the triumphs, and take things a day at a time with one eye on tomorrow.

Self-Description: Physically, I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. But enough about my corporeal form, here's some substance: I work a lot; I work for a non-profit that employs the best of the best of those on the autism spectrum for specialized work. I'm told I have a good sense of humor, if not a little dry. As far as coping with our disorder goes, I'm very flexible. I can handle quite a lot; even extended conversation I can take or leave. I'm very assertive and direct; I have very little patience for beating around the bush, even though I'm very patient in general. Other words that have been used to describe me include loyal, helpful, caring, dutiful, responsible, generous, trustworthy, and charismatic. So yeah, there's my attempt to summarize all that is me in a paragraph, and but for the grace of God go I.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom