• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating Corner

I don't think Aspies would go well together. Here's why:
*Although they may claim to understand each other, this may cause them to never step out of their comfort zone, socially. Isolating each other from the world.
*The relationship may not have anything new or exciting, because aspies don't like change. A neurotypical could slowly introduce an aspie to a new world.
*Since Aspies lack social skills, both people in the relationship would have trouble expressing whats in their mind.
The best combinations of people sometimes stem from those who are the complete opposite because they explore a new world and learn from each other. I can understand how frustrating it may be to find someone but its best to hold on, perhaps someone will eventually come along. Don't look for someone that's like you, but rather someone that can bring out the best in you.

Well, for some of us, it is nigh-impossible to find an NT who will understand and appreciate us. I am not saying ASD on ASD is free from problems, but I think it could work and is better (for some) than being completely alone.

I'd probably do best with someone highly functioning like myself, provided they are not asexual, or have a low sex drive.

Well, for some of us, it is nigh-impossible to find an NT who will understand and appreciate us. I am not saying ASD on ASD is free from problems, but I think it could work and is better (for some) than being completely alone.
Nobody said it had to be easy. But its not impossible. You can find someone

I'd probably do best with someone highly functioning like myself, provided they are not asexual, or have a low sex drive.
You think youd do best because they would be like you alot,; socially. Provided aspies dont like change, or differences you are succumbing to living the same way with few new experiences. An NT can open up the world you dont understand and teach you things about society

You think youd do best because they would be like you alot,; socially. Provided aspies dont like change, or differences you are succumbing to living the same way with few new experiences. An NT can open up the world you dont understand and teach you things about society
I never said an NT couldn't, however anyone who's been through the same struggles is always going to be able to understand said struggles. I actually think I'm more likely to hook up with an NT, considering most people with aspergers are male and a lot of females with aspergers are prone to being asexual. Also I don't think of people in terms of aspies, or neurotypicals. I can relate to both in different areas and not relate to both in other areas.

This thread was a good idea, let's not put it out to pasture yet.

My avatar is a picture of me.
Just ask if you'd like more!

Username: Slothra
Sexuality: Straight/Heterosexual
Politics: I treat everyone with the respect they deserve, and being above judging people for petty reasons, that's enough for me. I don't get into politics.
Philosophy: I believe there are good reasons to be an optimist. I seek balance in everything else.
Obsessions/Interests: I'm fascinated by biological science & many insects (spiders too.) I love the Gundam series of anime, and that's really the only one I watch nowadays, though I used to be obsessed with anime. I don't have too many "obsessions," more like temporary interests, or just things I do to fill the time, like video games and movies. I'm a social media nerd, because I love feeling like I'm a part of a group... I'm the guy who won't stop talking even though he sucks at it. Of course, I have a Facebook. Aidan T. Coyne. Feel free to add me.
Desired Partner Characteristics: I'm not too picky. If we click, that's awesome. But I appreciate people who are independent and emtionally stable to a degree, and also able to be very up-front with me. I don't get hints well, be blunt and honest.
Self-Description: Hopelessly young at heart.
I've got a pretty good body, and I'm 6'3". Weird one-inch jump a few months back. I was diagnosed with Asperger's relatively recently. I've got my own apartment in Stillwater, MN, living off SSI right now, but I just passed my license test and am saving for a car. Should have one within 2 months. I hope to go back to school and get a part-time job soon afterwards, so I can stop relying on support. I crave social interaction more often than not, even though I suck at it, and I do think that the social experience from seeking out others has helped me grow as an adult... Just a bit! :p I also have a good sense of humor, that I apply to almost everything.

Don't think I left anything out. Just shoot me a chat or give me a sign if you'd like to try & get to know me a bit better, I like to think I'm easy to get along with. :)

Last edited:
Username: Guitarguy
Sexuality: straight
Religion: Christian
Politics: I don't bother
Philosophy: Christian Philosophy
Obsessions/Interests: Figure Skates!
Desired Partner Characteristics: not real picky, but must be Christian and not want kids as I don't
Self-Description:

I live in a small town, I want to make my own synthetic ice rink. I'm 5 foot 6. Been single forever, never had a girlfriend. I wrote a whimsical book, yet I don't really read. I'm really easy going. i don't start the conversations very well. lol

[QUOTE="RavenSly, finding the right person[/QUOTE]
Romantically-Interested Singles

Template
[Insert Image Here] will try to figure out picture thing.
Username: Maelstrom
Age:47 am a auti forever young, look maybe 25? my ex was 23
Sexuality: very hetro. male
Religion:S.D.A. preachers son, so be willing to take a look at my church. no drinking, no drugs, no nothing, kosher lacto ovo vegetarian.
Politics: republican populist I think a healthy middle class = a healthy America and goodness brings prosperity.
Philosophy: Kindness, honesty, and fairness bring happiness.
Obsessions/Interests: my auti imaging logic side loves finding patterns in the world in everything. writing science fiction, sailing, gardening and making very cool stuff no one else has.
Desired Partner Characteristics: a reasonably fit and attractive female,Warm, affectionate, honest, not too aggressive ( I am auti+aspie and squeeze easily), willing to work through things with me, hopefully done with collage, or has a profession (not required), am up in the air on the baby thing,(ask) age 23? to 40? chemistry and classiness may mean more. Sigh! the age thing is hard because I look and feel 20s..Auti, Aspie, or NT are okay if things can be worked out.
Self-Description: I'm a warm, kind, thoughtful, loyal, fairly out going H/F auti/aspie, small imaging savant,a small amount of dyslexia, high IQ?, my mind is like a razor blade I cut though things see things others miss, am extremely creative, well read, my interest level in everything is very high, I bend the world more than it bends me.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="acstar, I don't think Aspies would go well together. Here's why: [/QUOTE]

All lovely logic, Acstar :rolleyes: but we still want your profile hopefully with a cute pic. :)....:p

<-- ;) J/k just check for Alyx_E on okcupid or pof. I'm sort of seeing someone right now but I am okay for friend dating.
[Insert Image Here]
Username: Means "Alexandra" literally in Western Elvish.
Sexuality: Straight. I'm tried stuff before but meh.
Religion: Agnostic atheist with Neopagan and Buddhist influence
Politics: Registered Democrat
Philosophy: All that's benign corrupts in timee
Obsessions/Interests: Neuroscience, psychology, behavior, molecular science, epigenetics, teaching, research, art, vegan cooking, coffee/tea, nature, politics, the environment, world affairs, decorating, kitschy silly stuff and souvenirs, finding happiness and completeness.
Desired Partner Characteristics: Someone that can really jive with my weirdawkward stuff.
Self-Description: I'm a friendly nutso bookworm. I have a lot of weird ways of expressing myself because I'm not really comfortable with myself and don't know how to *HUGEDEEPBREATHE*

I've neber met a girl with AS before, and despite the difficulties with the non AS people...that's all that's there.

Template
kxe7Xaj.png

(Photo taken before I shaved it all off)
Username: Daniel Smith
Sexuality: Straight
Religion: Agnostic-Atheist
Politics: Centre-Left (Individualism, mixed economics, moral relativism, secularism)
Philosophy: Nothing specific, basic morals I'd say
Obsessions/Interests: Drawing/painting, unorthodox rock music (progressive, alternative, avant-garde), video games, cartoons, geography, history and politics.
Desired Partner Characteristics: Similar interests, doesn't need to match 100%, but shared religious and political views are about as important, and around my age (preferably 18 to 23).
Self-Description: If you are interested, message me and I'll tell you more about myself.

Username: David88
Sexuality: Gay
Religion: None
Politics:
Philosophy:
Obsessions/Interests:
I like......love art. Running, watching TV and maybe a few movies. I really enjoy music.
Desired Partner Characteristics: A nice guy, someone I can just chill with, spend the day with. Someone I can feel safe and comfortable with.
Self-Description: I live with my family, hoping to get a better job soon so I can move out. I've never been in a relationship. I've only ever been on one date in my whole life. Im pretty shy but after a while i'll open up and will be happy to talk about myself a lot more.

as somebody said in a post in this thread... it looks like guys have a lot bigger problem (just going by the guy/girl ratio here) meeting girls since they're expected to do the chasing and clearly any type of ASD comes with a slew of social problems

but for the fun of it..

Username: Chris1983
Sexuality: Straight
Religion: None specifically.. the online tests like to call me a "universalist unitarian" but i don't go to church eitherway.... simply put, it's kind of like buddism/spirituality
Politics: i'm hoping Bernie Sanders wins
Philosophy: meh? i love talking online but i'm trying to keep this short, so no hypotheticals..
Obsessions/Interests: I don't know. I know things I would like to do again that I did when I was younger.. like going to museums and using various creative outlets to get ideas out of my mind and in a form people can interpret (interested in creating 3D items, like pottery throwing and working with wood)
Desired Partner Characteristics and Self-Description: Me lol..... well, how i was as a child. i have a severe lack of self esteem which is balanced out by an inflated ego... however, although i'm often right.. i don't want to be. My opinions can always be swayed, i can't get enough information so you can't bore me with any new topic. I'm very adaptive to styles and interests (wide range of music/movies/TV and basic interests like that which just change depending on my mood) and while i would easily be considered a shut-in.. i do want to be out more often. i simply can't do it in a large city so i'm MORE than happy to gtfo of here. the biggest issue is that i come off asexual due to my own moral system (which is strict.. only changing to keep equality in balance... big into balance/karma type of stuff) but if i had that "click" people talk about, it would come right back online........... i know they should be separate.. but, like i said.. "me" lol

i have no desire to do things on my own.. but with somebody, i do. i won't drag you out (unless you want me to try) but as i said, i would like to be outside more than now. i like nature, trees, animals, rivers and general exploration (and ruins.. LOVE ruins)

you can see why i have no luck in person and equally little luck with online dating site type of stuff. i can't even describe things well

No offense (but already offending), but this is plain and simple ********. It's irrational to think other people have an easier life, just because they've born different from you. Being men, women, straight or not, or anything in between have it's own advantages and disadvanges. From what've seen in my life, most of people, regardless of what they are, struggle with loneliness, rejection and dating at one point in their lives.

You cannot choose your gender or sexual orientation. Instead, you can choose to do your best from what you have, from who you are. You can choose to improve yourself, have patience, trying to get more wiser, more skilled at social interactions, and enjoy your limited time on this earth.

I'm sorry if I seem harsh. But this is what I believe now. I might change opinion. But this is what I at least try to do every day. It's not always sunshine, lollypops and rainbows, but it's certainly not always darkness.

Best of luck.
I disagree with you. Thanks to gender roles, the opportunity to engage in romance is heavily biased towards women.

ate[/B][/U]
[Insert Image Here]
Username:the American Rhodie
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Religion: Presbyterianism
Politics:Moderate Right wing Conservative
Philosophy:live and let live
Obsessions/Interests:History, Social sciences, Video games of the first person shooter variety, Monty python.
Desired Partner Characteristics:someone who is beautiful but also intelligent with a bit of humor

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make friend-dates/pen pals. Can I jump on the bandwagon? :eek:o_O

Username: Hiraeth: a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past.
Sexuality: Asexual no gender preference
Religion: Animist
Politics: Open borders, global equality, respect for the land, right to personal physical and mental autonomy
Philosophy: Everything is interconnected, all living things on Earth are related to each other
Obsessions/Interests: Everything stated above. Deconstructing the concept of home and belonging. Promoting global citizenship. Collective/structural trauma and healing. Dogs :dogface::dog: Plant life :herb::leafwind: Tea and coffee :teacup::coffee: Mountains (darn it where's the mountain emoji!) Emojis and stickers, aka adaptive technology for those who can't read and communicate with physical facial expressions. ;) I also like to communicate how I'm feeling and things like that by sharing songs, and links.
Desired Partner Characteristics: Not sure about that these days, but if you want to learn and grow with me re. the things I care about, that would be a great start.
Self-Description:
At my best, I am like this.
At my not-so-best, I am like this.

I'm single, so why not?

Username: illud
Gender: cis-woman althought i identify myself as androgyne-agender.
Sexuality:bisexual - demisexual - nebularomantic.
Religion:born and raised in a christian catholic home. i consider myself to be more spiritual or philosophical than religious.
Politics:no left, no right, whatever party that really cares about the citizens, particular parties like the one we have here to defend disabily rights surely get my support more than the tradicional parties.
Philosophy:ecclecticism and perspectivism. i get the bits that are useful from different ideologies and put them on personal use. and i admit a chance of improvement and mistake to be improved. so i know i'm not always right or perfect but i try to always do my best.
Obsessions/Interests: languages, people's behaviour, history, modern culture, recently things related with gender roles and gender identify.
Desired Partner Characteristics: someone that can complement me? understanding. respectful to my areas of interest. I don't ask to share them too, but respect them. someone what accepts the fact that i'm a writer and i can get random interests because of whatever i'm writing, specially during the research process.
Self-Description:
I have a BA diploma on Tourism and I'm working on getting a BA+ on Spanish Language and Literature while I brave to publish some of my writings. I'm an only child. I hope to be a spanish teacher abroad some day.

I don't think Aspies would go well together. Here's why:
*Although they may claim to understand each other, this may cause them to never step out of their comfort zone, socially. Isolating each other from the world.
*The relationship may not have anything new or exciting, because aspies don't like change. A neurotypical could slowly introduce an aspie to a new world.
*Since Aspies lack social skills, both people in the relationship would have trouble expressing whats in their mind.
The best combinations of people sometimes stem from those who are the complete opposite because they explore a new world and learn from each other. I can understand how frustrating it may be to find someone but its best to hold on, perhaps someone will eventually come along. Don't look for someone that's like you, but rather someone that can bring out the best in you.
While I think that is true, I don't think most NT's want to give people with AS the time of day, I have AS and wouldn't give a lot of people with AS the time of day lol
Some of them are damn rigid and I've worked hard at flexibility and the like, I seek to better myself and be a part of the world and try to enjoy it.
And there is a lot I do enjoy, but I will never be without this, which is the hardest thing to come to terms with, there will always be a wall...

New Threads

Top Bottom