• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Condiment Thread

Mustard. I like mustard on my fries. I also like wasabi on sushi and horseradish on steak - I like all pretty much all the mustard-plant-based-condiments. It's okay if they're super spicy.

Funny thing, though - I can't handle the spicy oils of any peppers. I'm a super wimp when it comes to jalepenos, pepperoncini's, chili's, etc.

Miracle Whip. Though this is usually used as a main part of the food. Sandwiches I make include this as part of the "recipe". If "spread Miracle Whip and slap cheese on it" counts as a recipe. Also used in a tuna sandwich.

Ranch dressing on rare occaisions. I'd probably have this more often, if I could remember that it exists.

Margarine on broccoli. And on bread. And on other things.

Other than that, I tend to like plain, "boring" foods. If it takes more effort than 2 minutes in a microwave, I probably dont want it.

The sorts of weird, funky, complicated foods that most people seem obsessed with are just.... bleh. No. Does something really NEED 50 ingredients to be good? Methinks not. I dunno how anyone can eat that sort of meal.

The worst though is anything grilled. ANYTHING. No. Just no. Dont even do that around me, I hate that stench...

and my sister used to mix EVERYTHING and pour ketchup all over!

tenor.gif

Makes me sick, just thinking of those condiments.

At the most, I can tolerate mayonnaise, but when using just have no condiments.

Ketchup makes me feel sick, just seeing it on a plate.

Keep bright colours away from me, if you do not want to see me wretch lol

Ketchup or mayonnaise depending on what I'm having.
Balsamic vinegarette for salads.

Ranch. Nom.
Blue cheese. Om nom.
Garlic butter. Nom.
Sour cream. Nom.
Nutella. GARHAHHFALJGAGAKAGAFAGJAFAGJAGAFHAJAGAGFH.

Random person at store: Wow, that's a lot of Nutella. What do you put it on?
Me: You can put it on stuff?

Last edited:
Do salt, pepper and butter count as condiments? They are probably my favorites but I like ketchup, mustard and real mayo depending on what I'm eating. I can't stand Nutella. It's palm oil with fake chocolate in it.

depends on what it's on. Miracle Whip with peanut butter. Mayo only if there's lettuce and tomato on the sandwich. Ketchup only on certain fries - salty fries and ketchup a definite no. Mustard and Miracle Whip on hot dogs.

I’m also on team Miracle Whip.
For other savories & all sweets, butter.

Cheese sandwich - Lime pickle
Sausage and egg sandwich - Brown sauce
Bacon sandwich - Barbecue sauce
Chicken sandwich - Alioli
Banana sandwich - Nutoka (Aldi's fake nutella)

Mustard. I like mustard on my fries. I also like wasabi on sushi and horseradish on steak - I like all pretty much all the mustard-plant-based-condiments. It's okay if they're super spicy.

Funny thing, though - I can't handle the spicy oils of any peppers. I'm a super wimp when it comes to jalepenos, pepperoncini's, chili's, etc.

Yes! Horseradish on steak/roast beef!

The sorts of weird, funky, complicated foods that most people seem obsessed with are just.... bleh. No. Does something really NEED 50 ingredients to be good? Methinks not. I dunno how anyone can eat that sort of meal.
View attachment 54613

Yes I agree. The fewer ingredients or mixed up flavors the better. It seems the more expensive the food, the worse it is.

I also want everything to be cooked all the way through. No runny eggs. No meat with even a little bit of pink in it.

What I don't like is how so many restaurants will put extras on sandwiches and not tell you about it. I have to specifically ask every time if it comes with more than what's listed on the menu, and if it does, leave it off.

One thing I like about franchised fast food, it's always fully cooked, and it's predictable no matter where I go. And it's probably not even that bad for me, since I leave all the unhealthy junk off it, and don't eat that much to begin with. Super size? I can't even finish a small size in one sitting. Also in a way it's healthier, because being processed, full of preservatives, frozen, and fully cooked... less chance of food poisoning than "fresh" hand cooked stuff from a real food cafe. I eat a lot of canned and boxed food for this reason.

YES!
People (mostly my dad) kept telling me that my taste buds would mature.
My pantry full of spaghetti-o's begs to differ. :p

Mine have changed. They have gotten more sensitive. When I was a kid I could stand a little bit of Miracle Whip on a sandwich or dipping a few veggies in ranch. But those are oppressive now. I don't even like the smell or taste of the Spaghetti-Os sauce.

Shells and cheese is my delicacy. If I want get really crazy I'll put hot dogs or bacon bits in it. Or chicken Ramen with a piece of cheese in it.

I tried nutella recently and it didn't taste much different from chocolate to me, and I was confused about why it's talked about so much. :eek:

I don’t really like sauces too many new flavours. I will have some mayo with tuna or egg.

I hate ketchup.

I like the Curry Sauce at Macdonalds with chips or crisps.

I occasionally have tarter sauce. Hate the smell of vinegar but i’m allergic anyway.

Yes I agree. The fewer ingredients or mixed up flavors the better. It seems the more expensive the food, the worse it is.

I also want everything to be cooked all the way through. No runny eggs. No meat with even a little bit of pink in it.

What I don't like is how so many restaurants will put extras on sandwiches and not tell you about it. I have to specifically ask every time if it comes with more than what's listed on the menu, and if it does, leave it off.

One thing I like about franchised fast food, it's always fully cooked, and it's predictable no matter where I go. And it's probably not even that bad for me, since I leave all the unhealthy junk off it, and don't eat that much to begin with. Super size? I can't even finish a small size in one sitting. Also in a way it's healthier, because being processed, full of preservatives, frozen, and fully cooked... less chance of food poisoning than "fresh" hand cooked stuff from a real food cafe. I eat a lot of canned and boxed food for this reason.
I so agree with you and @Misery about the less the better with food. I like food simple and bland. Most kids like my cooking for that reason, too. There's a few things I make that my son and grandsons love, so my daughter in law would ask me how I make it and I tell her. The she can't figure out why they like mine better and why her's is different just because she added peppers, mushrooms, soy sauce, worchestshire sauce, and a few different spices. And so many times she has tried a new recipe and it'll be good so she'll fix it again and I'll be excited about having it again, but she has changed it up and I'm having to try to force it down with a smile on my face. Stop trying to fix things that are not broken! And, yes, it gets expensive cooking that way.

Ketchup. I used to be obsessed with ketchup. I would put it on everything. I even just ate them straight out of the little packets (sorry for those of you who hate ketchup if that made you feel a little sick).

I grew up with Asian food, so I like Asian condiments and other various sauces.

New Threads

Top Bottom