• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Condiment Thread

"No, thank you... No, thank you. No, thank you. Yes, thank you."

That's me responding to the increasingly desperate condiment offers in a struggle to eat my food plain. :)

Does that mean eating just ketchup by itself? My brother did that as a child.

I used to have to cover up the sight of ranch dressing, if anyone was using it, because it looked so disgusting to me that I couldn't eat if I could see it. I'd put cups or signs to block my vision from it. :D

Aioli, especially on chips :tongueout:

Failing that mayonnaise or really cheap and nasty, truck stop ketchup - the sort that may possibly, just once, have been within six feet of an actual tomato :tomato:

Mainly ketchup; not exactly a fan of mustard. I especially hate sour cream, zetziki (or however you spell it), and cranberry sauce.

I know of a good burger sauce that I learned to make in High School in my cafeteria class though, fairly simple to make. Just uses Ketchup, Mayo (actual Mayonnaise, not miracle whip), Mustard, and Relish all mixed together, with the mustard and relish to taste. Tastes great on beef burgers.

Lucky. :eek:
It looks like vomit mixed with white paint and chia seeds. :mad:

I often say that the smell of ranch reminds me of the old school house paint, before today's low VOC stuff. I think ranch is the worst. Even if someone's eating ranch flavored chips in the car I can barely contain myself.

I'm with you on the other condiments too. I don't want anything to do with them. I don't even like being in the same room with people using salad dressings or ketchup, they smell so bad it makes me feel sick.

Just plain with cheese, that works for me.

Generally, barbecue sauce (honey or brown sugar), but it doesn't work for everything.
full

Does peanut butter count? Pbjs make up the majority of my diet (not sure if that's an autistic thing, but I tend to eat the same thing over and over again). If not peanut butter, butter or jelly.

Ginger. I hate mayo & barely tolerate ketchup, but I love dijon mustard.

Last edited:
Does that mean eating just ketchup by itself? My brother did that as a child.

I used to have to cover up the sight of ranch dressing, if anyone was using it, because it looked so disgusting to me that I couldn't eat if I could see it. I'd put cups or signs to block my vision from it. :D
The same happened to me, but with ketchup.
I used to have to eat one food at a time (like, first meat, then rice, then vegetables) and my sister used to mix EVERYTHING and pour ketchup all over! I was horrified and disgusted... It never occurred to me to put cups or other stuff to block the sight of it :).

Ranch. Nom.
Blue cheese. Om nom.
Garlic butter. Nom.
Sour cream. Nom.
Nutella. GARHAHHFALJGAGAKAGAFAGJAFAGJAGAFHAJAGAGFH.

I often say that the smell of ranch reminds me of the old school house paint, before today's low VOC stuff. I think ranch is the worst. Even if someone's eating ranch flavored chips in the car I can barely contain myself.

I'm with you on the other condiments too. I don't want anything to do with them. I don't even like being in the same room with people using salad dressings or ketchup, they smell so bad it makes me feel sick.

Just plain with cheese, that works for me.

YES!
People (mostly my dad) kept telling me that my taste buds would mature.
My pantry full of spaghetti-o's begs to differ. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom