• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clinical depression is a real beast.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
My sleeping schedule has been totally out of whack the last three months since I have been working from home most of the time. I usually stay up until 3am, wake up at 8am to start my work shift, take an hours long nap after work is done, rinse and repeat.

I am finding that video games, movies, anime and manga, all the hobbies that used to bring me pleasure are doing nothing for me now. Not even the occasional visit from my friends with benefits situation is doing much to cheer me up these days. Every day feels like nonstop work, every motion I make feels like a monumental effort even when I know logically it is anything but that. I feel whiny over the tiniest of things, and that just is not who I am all about.

So, I think I may talk to a doctor soon to see about clinical depression.

When did you stop drinking, in relation to when the depression began? And are you staying up until 3am because you can't sleep or because you feel like it?

When did you stop drinking, in relation to when the depression began? And are you staying up until 3am because you can't sleep or because you feel like it?

I quit drinking right around the same time my sleep schedule became all screwy.

I also have lost all motivation to do my job, and everybody there has noticed my severely decreased productivity. I also have been slacking on keeping my house clean and tidy. I just feel like sleeping and wasting my waking hours on the Internet.

I have been slacking on everything too. I don't care about anything, but I pretend to in order to pretend I'm a responsible person.

My sleeping schedule has been totally out of whack the last three months since I have been working from home most of the time. I usually stay up until 3am, wake up at 8am to start my work shift, take an hours long nap after work is done, rinse and repeat.

I am finding that video games, movies, anime and manga, all the hobbies that used to bring me pleasure are doing nothing for me now. Not even the occasional visit from my friends with benefits situation is doing much to cheer me up these days. Every day feels like nonstop work, every motion I make feels like a monumental effort even when I know logically it is anything but that. I feel whiny over the tiniest of things, and that just is not who I am all about.

I hope that you can get the support you need. Especially if you stopped drinking.

I hope that you can get the support you need. Especially if you stopped drinking.

I have decided to call my doctor’s office tomorrow morning to try to get an earlier appointment than the next one I have scheduled in April.

Good idea to see the Dr. Although covids an issue, it sounds like getting to work every day was motivating for you, you got to see life and others, bit more interesting than staying home. Are you thinking of going back to the office at all? What are the issues on that?

Good idea to see the Dr. Although covids an issue, it sounds like getting to work every day was motivating for you, you got to see life and others, bit more interesting than staying home. Are you thinking of going back to the office at all? What are the issues on that?
There recently were some very heavy cuts in public transportation service. Now the nearest bus stop to my house is three miles away.

Could you try walking it? Or does it lack safe pavements/sidewalks? To go in once or twice a week? What's the commitment where you live? Is a transfer or move a possibility?

Could you try walking it? Or does it lack safe pavements/sidewalks? To go in once or twice a week? What's the commitment where you live? Is a transfer or move a possibility?
I really think I should prioritize buying that bicycle in the near future, that would make this a lot less of an issue.

Recommend watching people laugh ,dance music videos ,comedy -old king James translation of the bible 'a merry heart doeth good like a medicine'

Exercise. Every day after work, take a walk. Make your body tired.

Also, you may be in between special interests. That's a very depressing time, but don't worry. NT's have to find hobbies, but at the right time, hobbies find us.

@Metalhead
Dear Len, over the past few months you have made a huge physical and spiritual jump and accomplished all your changes with a great deal of self awareness and courage. I am sorry everything feels hard right now. It HAS been hard and stressful so you may have some adrenal fatigue.
Exercise would help but otherwise, give yourself a rest.

@Metalhead
Dear Len, over the past few months you have made a huge physical and spiritual jump and accomplished all your changes with a great deal of self awareness and courage. I am sorry everything feels hard right now. It HAS been hard and stressful so you may have some adrenal fatigue.
Exercise would help but otherwise, give yourself a rest.
I feel like if I let myself rest now, I will regress back into my old self.

I now have an appointment with the doctor on next Tuesday morning, and the boss approved the time off for it.

I feel like if I let myself rest now, I will regress back into my old self.
Nope I agree rest is not the ticket here.

Can you pick one thing to work on which you can do at home, and use getting on the computer/internet as a carrot?
IOW earn it by doing something healthy for you.

I managed to escape depression by making a series of very small plans. The first one was to get away from a person who was messing with my head.

You have made seriously enormous progress in the last few months. You earned and deserve this place.

Keep us posted.

p.s. please don’t ride a bike in traffic while sleep deprived okay?

Maybe have your drawn for blood sugar levels and testosterone levels. From what I've read, drops in testosterone does have that affect.

Oooo!....also I forgot. High triglycerides will contribute to the same symptoms...which is why I have to get back to my diet and daily exercise of at least 30 minutes.

New Threads

Top Bottom