• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bridges

I can't find a good profile shot of "the Blue Bridge" in Victoria, BC, but it was a favourite of mine for being frequently used, and scenic, as well as being occasionally lifted to let a mast through: Google Maps

Causey_Arch.jpg

Causey Arch - Wikipedia

Seacliff Bridge. Wolongong, NSW. Australia.

23950347550_1e730a9085_b.jpg

Seacliff5.jpg

That first image is a cheat, a "mirror view", but it looks good.

This is Bifrost, the bridge that goes from Åsgard to earth. :)One end is anchored to Himmelberget (Heaven Mountain) in Åsgard and the other end moves around from place to place on earth.

1671542178460.png

I'm having trouble finding any decent images of a bridge I wanted to show. The Adelaide River rail bridge completed in 1888. The interesting thing about this bridge is it's footings. Because it was such a remote area getting materials there was difficult. The footings are all solid concrete with no steel reinforcing, because of this the concrete hasn't aged. Those footings will still be just as strong next century as well.

It turns out that the best image I can find is one of my own:

_mg_4312-preview3-ri.jpg

Last edited:
Old Railway bridge and car transporter bridge
5A1ECEB4-9CA8-49EC-BE41-244DB110B275.jpeg

car transporter bridge demolished and a suspension bridge built in it's place
D298365A-78A3-4E3E-A70C-25DAF6879C8A.jpeg

the following 30 yrs saw traffic congestion (and 'jumpers' threatening suicide) bringing traffic to a standstill and no other way to cross the river. A bid for an additional crossing was successful and offers easy access for commuters to motorway networks

B516AB9B-6638-4BA5-8C67-529F7B4EBA49.jpeg

EA34213D-A9C0-42C1-8FF5-636E5ED503C1.jpeg

lucky enough to watch the Mersey Gateway bridge being built :)
All three bridges over the River Mersey. Old and new.
3631C0DD-EE8D-4CAC-9CF3-69E66FAD7A8A.jpeg

I posted this in an art thread a while ago but it also belongs here. It's a little unusual, it's a bridge that is also a museum. Or a museum that is also a bridge. And one of my favorite places. Kistefos Museum. And bridge.

1671578209860.png 1671578186502.png 1671578481893.png

Last edited:
Old Railway bridge and car transporter bridge
View attachment 92070

car transporter bridge demolished and a suspension bridge built in it's placeView attachment 92071
the following 30 yrs saw traffic congestion (and 'jumpers' threatening suicide) bringing traffic to a standstill and no other way to cross the river. A bid for an additional crossing was successful and offers easy access for commuters to motorway networks

View attachment 92072
View attachment 92073
lucky enough to watch the Mersey Gateway bridge being built :)
All three bridges over the River Mersey. Old and new.
View attachment 92074
In the first, B& W photo, I see a classic suspension bridge, with cables in tension carrying all the loads. The newer, pale blue bridge has a roadway suspended from an arch. The newest bridge puts the roadway into compression to save on cables, which seems to be a winner. Perhaps the assembly will get so rigid that trains can be run on them. The concentrated loading is hard on the classic styles.

Andy Warhol Bridge, in Pittsburgh. Fun to cross, and I like the architecture around it.

Andy Warhol Bridge (Pittsburgh) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go

30 Amazing Photos of the Warhol Bridge Yarn Bombing | Pittsburgh Magazine

Andy Warhol Bridge into Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Encircle Photos

It's where the three rivers meet, so it's a fun area.

How to make progress for Pittsburgh's Three Rivers | Penn Today's Three Rivers | Penn Today
Great pictures. There are a lot of pictures that you could have also included. Like the Negley Ave bridge with some 4x4 wood posts that might or might not be responsible for holding the bridge up.

4798803_web1_ptr-SNegleyAveBridge1-021722.jpg

^Yeah, I was only out there once, so I didn't get to see much of the area. It seems worth exploring though. Lots of museums and interesting history.

Lions Gate Bridge (Vancouver, BC)

2023101101A.jpg

[SE towards downtown]
LGSE.jpg

[SW towards Stanley Park]
LGSW.jpg

[N towards the North Shore mountains]
LGNN.jpg

[W towards Lighthouse Park and the Sunshine Coast]
LGWW.jpg

[Front passenger view]

LGSS.jpg