• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bridges

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Inspired by recent posts about trains and architecture, I am curious what y’all think about bridges.

1657616135842.jpeg

Cape Creek Bridge, Oregon, USA

1657616434034.jpeg

Sagamore Bridge, Cape Cod Canal, USA (in a downpour).

1657616575355.jpeg

Sagamore and Bourne Bridges at opposite ends of the Cape Cod Canal in Massachusetts, USA

In my neighborhood, are many bridges, that span over the delta of an incredible river that starts as glacial springs, hundreds of miles away- high on the volcanic slopes of the Cascade Range.

Where I am, the river is wide and fast. Cargo ships share the current with giant logs and little animals like otters and geese. Some years, sea lions follow the salmon inland, and local tribes hunt them. The river is very intimidating. I get scared to go across the bridges, but I am awed by the beauty.

Last edited:
My favorite bridge is in Big Sur, California, on Highway 1, along the lonely Central Coastline.

It's scary to drive on at night, but the experience is incredibly unforgettable.

1657617599765.png

I have a very special feeling for old metal bridges, cathedrals, castles and the like. So I like them very much.

That said, the pics you shared are also very artistic. I like them very much. :)

That said, the pics you shared are also very artistic. I like them very much. :)

Let it be known that while I did take the first two photographs, the third picture, I grabbed from google (in the original post). :blush:

Here’s another couple (not mine).

There are actually three bridges total on the Cape Cod Canal. Two automobile bridges and an old railroad bridge that raises up and down when boats pass by.

1657623883235.jpeg

1657623577609.jpeg

I think bridges are great. There's a big bridge down the road from my house and if it wasn't for that bridge, I would drive into the river every day. :eek:

This is called The Tridge. Three bridges that meet where two rivers meet.

Attachments

• 5836607361_8a25396f50_b.jpg
    5836607361_8a25396f50_b.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 53
Love all bridges! Particularly the older, abandoned, overgrown ones. Very fairytale-esque.

When I was in Italy, there were Roman bridges still in use after circa 2000 years - quite an amazing feat. My favorite Roman bridge that I really wanted to see (but didn’t) when in Spain is the famous Alcantara Bridge (photo uploaded - Wikimedia Commons). It is not only a beautiful and massive bridge, but it was built without mortar holding it together!
640px-thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
The Bay Bridge, circa 1988. Took this one as one of my night photography assignments for my adult education photo class.

Bay Bridge.jpg

My favourite bridges are the old canal bridges where the bricks on the inside are on a 45° angle and it looks like it's twisting around you as you go through it.

When I was in Italy, there were Roman bridges still in use after circa 2000 years - quite an amazing feat. My favorite Roman bridge that I really wanted to see (but didn’t) when in Spain is the famous Alcantara Bridge (photo uploaded - Wikimedia Commons). It is not only a beautiful and massive bridge, but it was built without mortar holding it together!
View attachment 81581
It’s incredible that multi-thousand year old design and construction can serve the needs of our modern society.

New Threads

Top Bottom