• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic people & waffles?

I thought and still think it's a cool word and decided to use it out of context. Lol. Waffles and l are like one. We need each other.
It is almost as if waffles exist per your will. All hail @Aspychata, Queen of waffles! Without her imagination waffling we would all be off the grid! :p

Last edited:
What exactly do they say about chicken tenders and nuggets? I do enjoy those as well, though not as much as waffles.

"Tendies" is an entire derogatory meme out there about autistic people & a supposed love of chicken tenders. Basically it's part of a whole elaborate bit of Internet folklore with basement-dwelling manchildren earning tendies from their mommies with "good boy points"(imagined currency for good behavior) and eating them with "honey mussy" because I guess, in their impoverished, benighted world, there's no barbecue sauce--or no proper meat either.

Usually this involves a lot of other stuff that's either disgusting, banned on the forum, or both. Neckbeards are a meme. There's no lifeguard on duty in the gene pool; the neckbeard swims at his own risk.

The only thing I like more than waffles are spinach and cheese crepes...
full
(French pancakes give me the crepes...!
full
)

I thought we needed a photo.

At our house we make them like this:

We use wholemeal rye flour, and don't add sugar. The topping here is concentrated plum spread made from Japanese Blood Plums from our garden. It's not nearly as sugary as jam and tastes like concentrated summer. Personally I put cream on top of that.

Also good with Nutella (you can put on Morello cherries and cream with that for a Blackforest theme), or with berry/citrus/brandy sauce. :yum:

I thought we needed a photo.

At our house we make them like this:

We use wholemeal rye flour, and don't add sugar. The topping here is concentrated plum spread made from Japanese Blood Plums from our garden. It's not nearly as sugary as jam and tastes like concentrated summer. Personally I put cream on top of that.

Also good with Nutella (you can put on Morello cherries and cream with that for a Blackforest theme), or with berry/citrus/brandy sauce. :yum:

RIP keyboard. Destroyed by getting drooled on.

I've gone low carb so no waffles made with flour for me but I make chaffles with cheese and egg. I need some of the plum jam though!

"Tendies" is an entire derogatory meme out there about autistic people & a supposed love of chicken tenders. Basically it's part of a whole elaborate bit of Internet folklore with basement-dwelling manchildren earning tendies from their mommies with "good boy points"(imagined currency for good behavior) and eating them with "honey mussy" because I guess, in their impoverished, benighted world, there's no barbecue sauce--or no proper meat either.

Usually this involves a lot of other stuff that's either disgusting, banned on the forum, or both. Neckbeards are a meme. There's no lifeguard on duty in the gene pool; the neckbeard swims at his own risk.

This could be coincidental, but on the Netflix series: Atypical, one of the main character's fellow autistic support group members told the main character he shouldn't go to the college he was interested in because main character said he didn't see chicken tenders on their cafeteria menu.

I've always been ambivalent about waffles. Though I do enjoy pancakes every once in a while. Though from time to time my mother had quite a yen for Belgian waffles.

Last edited:
I went to an American style diner today and they had sugar waffles with sausages and bacon. The mix of sweet, salty and savoury was quite off. A bit like bacon with syrup. I'm not sure what's going on.

Ed

I went to an American style diner today and they had sugar waffles with sausages and bacon. The mix of sweet, salty and savoury was quite off. A bit like bacon with syrup. I'm not sure what's going on.

Ed

Agreed. Bacon glazed with maple syrup...never understood it. But then I've always kept anything sweet separated from anything else on the plate that wasn't.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............

20 Maple-Bacon Recipes

New Threads

Top Bottom