• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

That's like high heels for men. But I, the original poster, live in a society where make-up is a female oriented thing. It seems that many others here live in one too.

This post perplexes me because I never understood beauty. I never once shaved my legs. OK once and it was like peeling off my skin. Horrific! I tried make up and it was like cement on my face. If I ever worse a dress or anything, I felt terrible.

But I do not feel like a guy, either. My ideal thing to wear which is ALL I wear is something like sweat pants. I might wear Yoga pants but if I do, I wear shorts over them so my ass is not all sticking out. I wear big mens' shirts over them and sometimes the ones that button up. I wear a knit hat ALL the time.

Plus I am just south of 100 pounds so I am all scrawny with ZERO breast development. When I stopped developing, I really stopped.

In short I look like a freak but no one really cares because they are into their own makeup and short skirts and high heels. HAHA! It's great because I am in the background and no one notices me.

When I was young there were several pedafiles who were very much into me because I looked like a young male. They were evil people who deserved to go to jail, but are walking around happier than I am . Such is justice.

Who wants to compete with photoshop? I certainly wouldn't. There is more character in a person with flaws; than a person who looks perfect ie no blemishes etc.

You'd be surprised. Considering that it's those who get their picture on the cover of Cosmopolitan, or any other beauty magazine for that matter.

I myself have become interested in beauty recently. Mostly I'm interested in eliminating my acne and wearing lip gloss. I've also been buying and reselling beauty products for a profit, mostly eyeshadow. I find eyeshadow to be a bit uncomfortable so I'm not big on wearing it but I enjoy reselling it.
Phisoderm has seemed to help with my acne. I use the gel face wash and I haven't had a bad breakout since I started using it exclusively. Maybe you should try it, but I'm not sure if any of the ingredients would irritate your skin.

[QUOTE="OkRad, post: 349916, member: 2723" I never understood beauty. I never once shaved my legs.

The beauty of being a redhead lol my hairs are so light in colour, that I have never had to shave my legs!

[QUOTE="OkRad, post: 349916, member: 2723" I never understood beauty. I never once shaved my legs.

The beauty of being a redhead lol my hairs are so light in colour, that I have never had to shave my legs!
Imagine having dark, thick body hair! If I really wanted to keep up my shaving routine, I would have to shave every couple of days to look smooth.

Imagine having dark, thick body hair! If I really wanted to keep up my shaving routine, I would have to shave every couple of days to look smooth.

I shudder lol When I was little, I thought there was something very wrong with me, because of my hair colour. Oh how I longed to have black har! I gues, I longed to be normal, because everyone had dark hair and even my sister of two years' by junior, started bleaching her hair at an early stage ie she was also a redhead.

Now, however, I am amused with the amount of women who die their hair my colour and I now also see the HUGE benefits of my hair colour.

So, I do feel blessed that I am a redhead, because oh wow, I feel so much for you!

I only started wearing makeup a few years ago. Even if it's supposed to be 'light', it's very uncomfortable and I can't wait to come home and wash it off. I'll wear eyeliner and a little mascara, but very lightly. I want to be able to do cool things with eyeshadow, but watching tutorials online make it seem more work than it's worth. I've also tried purple streaks in my hair and while I liked it, it was too much up keep. I like a wash and wear style and I can't stand my hair to be below my shoulders because it's uncomfortable. I've always felt confused with fashion and tended to wear either men's clothes or overly tight ultra feminine clothes. I found a fashionable friend who taught me how to dress and she often shopped for me. Even though we had a falling out, I'm still imitating her style because it's both flattering and comfortable (well, as comfortable as wearing jeans can be).

Phisoderm has seemed to help with my acne. I use the gel face wash and I haven't had a bad breakout since I started using it exclusively. Maybe you should try it, but I'm not sure if any of the ingredients would irritate your skin.
Thank you, I'll look into that.

I want to be able to do cool things with eyeshadow, but watching tutorials online make it seem more work than it's worth.

Makeup tutorials make it seem much more difficult than it should be. Plus I don't really understand the current trends of contouring and applying as much makeup as possible. I can't imagine it looking that great in person.

I've been wearing makeup for over thirty-seven years so it would be weird for me to not apply it when I'm leaving the house. I used to do my makeup every day, even when I wasn't going out. Hair, nails, and makeup have always been one of my special interests, probably due to my artistic nature. I own more makeup than all of my friends combined and I'm always purchasing something new.

I've no doubt that modeling and cosmetology school helped with my application skills, but my techniques weren't really honed until the past few years when I became interested in contouring. Because nerve damage has affected one side of my face, contouring helps to create the illusion of symmetry.

While it's true that it's usually obvious when I'm wearing eye shadow and lipstick (sometimes I go for a no-makeup look), I would be horrified if the rest of my makeup looked obvious -- including the contouring. I always make sure my base makeup (foundation, brows, contour) and blush look natural. Eye makeup, however... that's my weakness and I love playing with color.

Makeup seems to me to be a thing for you ladies. Especially for the NT ladies? I like seeing the visual effects [and pretty faces] that can be created. I did pick up a liking for a cheap brand of red nail polish along the way: A small bottle of it in my toolbox can sometimes be used to mark machine parts so they can be reassembled properly and more easily. :)

I don't understand about cartoons at all. I read GoComics.com every day. I read 50 to 70 comic strips [of the probably several thousand] for the humor and a few for the [amusing] stories. Or are there other kinds of "Cartoons" that I have missed or ignored?

Cosmetic and perfume, I would say I enjoy "collecting" them more than actually using them.
Yes, I can draw, so I'm obsessed with color(not the rainbow color one, but for example, finding my favourite red from a pile of "red"), just a little bit of darker/lighter/cooler/warmer already can annoy me for awhile.
I like to buy lipstick and lipgloss, because I can apply them on my lips without any other make-up, e.g. foundations. And of course I have a foundation which is only use in formal setting. I don't think I need to make up when I will be at home.
Perfume, I like collecting them since my "teenhood" as the packages are really a piece of art, the color, the style, the bottle, the transparency, etc.
I use fragrance occasionally, as the "aura" can calm me a little.
Vampire? No, thanks.

Thank you, I'll look into that.
I was prescribed roaccutane for acne. I had to see a dermatologist to be able to get it, and I had to take it for about 9 months but it was so worth it. I have gone from being 30 and having worse acne than I did when I was a teenager to actually receiving compliments about how good my skin looks. I think it may be called accutane outside of the UK.

As for makeup, I'm an aspie and I love makeup. I started wearing it around 14 (just a little eyeliner) and now I'm 30 and never leave the house without a full face of makeup. I think partly this is down to having had such bad acne and never having liked the way I look and now it's just normal for me. I also like that people like my makeup, because I've gotten better and better at doing it over the years.

Do you get obsessed with and talk on and on about anything cosmetic as Adora does? So actually does one well known Aspie vlogger from Ontario, Canada.

Do you get obsessed with and talk on and on about anything cosmetic as Adora does? So actually does one well known Aspie vlogger from Ontario, Canada.

I'm assuming this was aimed at me? If it was, then no I don't get obsessed with makeup. Sure, I'll talk to people about it if I'm giving them advice because they've asked for it, or they've brought something up and I have the knowledge to impart..but other than that nope. I'm good at doing my own makeup, because I've done it pretty much every day since I was in my mid teens, but I'm pretty useless at doing it for other people. People will look at my makeup and assume that because I can do mine, that I must be able to do it for other people too, which is certainly not the case.

Whenever my (NT) wife complains about running out of make-up, I quote facetiously, "...but she sure can cook...!" (with apologies to Jimmy Soul).

Even though I'm a single, 42 year old UK based Aspie, I can still appreciate beautiful women :D

New Threads

Top Bottom