• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

All of the [Aspie ??] discussions about makeup and perfume are very interesting. I'm an old man. There was no such thing as Aspie or High Functioning Autistic in my world until the Summer of 2012. I discovered "Aspie" by accident and recognized myself. Of Course for most of my life I thought I was the only one with my attitudes and feelings.

In my world, men do not wear any makeup. Except maybe camo stuff for war or hunting. I almost never used aftershave either because of the smell. I found "personal" deodorants that were "unscented" but aftershave was always a lost cause. I recall that once when I was about 20 i was complimented by a girl for my choice in aftershave lotions for the aftershave I was trying out. The compliment freaked me out and I quit using aftershave at all from then on. I never wanted to smell at all. Not "good" smells and absolutely not "bad" smells. Finding deodorants that had no scent became an obsession.

Recently I discovered that at least some Hand Sanitizers can be used as an aftershave. Hand Sanitizer is alcohol in a gel base. Works well to sanitize and heal all those micro-cuts from shaving and has no smell once the alcohol has evaporated.

Basically I would like to be effectively invisible. A person who takes up space but no one remembers anything at all about for even a second. Except I do leave my "voice" in many forums [like this one] so my ideas and the information I can provide are available to whoever may read it later. ?????

New Threads

Top Bottom