• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask A Stupid Question...

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
You may get a stupid answer!!!

So, have you got a stupid question of any sort whether it be an actual question or just completely inane?

Well then, should I be the first person to post in this thread? <--- It?s just that easy ; ]

Because I said so? Duh.

What is the difference between?

off topic: a merlion? interested in mythical creatures, that's one I've never seen before

Last edited:
OTT: Merlion - That's Singapore's mythical totem...

The difference is between ? and D I suppose

Where is Houston, Texas located?

Houston, Texas is located in it's current geographical position in relation to the other places surrounding it, but more specifically I believe it is somewhere over there --->

---

This is possibly the stupidest question to ask a child and yet I hear it almost every day down the main street…

“Would you like a smack”

I agree - "Would you like a smack?" is absurd, just like "Did you do this?" when it's blindingly obvious that yes, they did just do finger painting all over your favourite vase.

At a recent family gathering, when my 5-year-old cousin was being incredibly hyperactive, a distant middle-aged female relative poked her head out of a domestic life discussion group and said to him, "take a deep breath". I'm scared that she wasn't joking.

Do you know the Aussie comedian Kitty Flannagan? She does a hilarious send-up of 30-something parents that is very observant.

What's a smack? (Gets hit, left, right and centre)

Kitty is funny. Haha, she did something

Another stupid question:

How many grass blades are there in the Melbourne Cricket Ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
How many grass blades are there in the Melbourne Cricket Ground?

11, but their really, really, really long and we just comb them over!

My stupid question is: Why the hell can't people just follow the rules?

answer: They DO follow the rules: they simply make their own, inform no one else as to what said rules are & then proceed to follow them judiciously.

question: I read the ingredients list on the side of a can of soup at the grocery store. It said may or may not contain for several different things. If the manufacturer has no freakin' clue what is in their soup, why bother listing ingredients? Why not just say, "Look: depending upon how the cooks felt that day & what they found laying about, ingredients may vary enormously so consume at your own risk!" Furthermore (since I'm on a stupid questions roll) how can they be sure what kind of soup it is (or if the can indeed contains soup) when they've admitted to being clueless as to what it contains?

Because the person writing the ingredients list is the same postal worker that King_Oni mentioned in his blog.
Why do people want short grass in their yards?

People like short grass in their yards because:
A. It makes them feel superior to people who need to let their grass grow long for their grazing herd to eat.
B. It's easy to see who's trying to sneak up on you when the grass is short.

How dumb is it to ask a question that doesn't end with a question mark

Nobody's asking any "stupid" questions,
so how about I gather some up?

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/04/the-50-most-ridiculous-questions-on-yahoo-answers/46
The questions in the link above remind me of some of the work that used to be available on MTurk.

dumb questions - things that make you go hmmm
Questions in categories: Do/does; If; When; Where; Why; Who...

How to Ask Stupid Questions (Without Sounding Stupid)
4 techniques to use when you need to ask a question you think sounds 'stupid'

Why slugs?
Might as well.

Why is it so hard (actually it seems impossible) to think of a stupid question?
Will I ever be able to to think of a stupid question?
Will it count against me if I keep paraphrasing the same idea within this post?
Is that cheating?

New Threads

Top Bottom