• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

saskinakki

Hi there! I was wondering if there's anyone else here with ASD as their special interest? It's been mine for a couple of months now, before that it was mental illnesses. I read articles on it, watch documentaries, and browse forums. Some would say I'm obsessed. But yeah as I said, anyone else here with this SI?

For years, I was obsessed with the Victorian era.

But I would say my special interests now, are pyschology and natural medicine ie finding the route course of problems, rather than just dealing with symptoms. I am no where near a genus though. I mean: I could not point at a part of the body and blow one's mind with my knowledge lol, but those who know me, do tease me and call me: dr Suzanne!

I was really interested in ASD around the time I got diagnosed and months after it. At that time, I read many books, did internet research, watched documentaries and movies, and wanted to talk about it a lot.

ASD was definitely one of my obsessions for a while, before I switched to Syneathesia and languages. I would research, and research, and, guess what? Do more research on Aspergers. I drove my mom up the wall talking about it, and trying to identify people (often incorrectly) on the spectrum.

I think I was partially interested in Aspergers because I didn't believe I had it. I felt I had figured out all of the social rules, not knowing it comes naturally to most people.

Oh yes, sorry, I did get obsessed with reading as much as I could, about aspergers.

New Threads

Top Bottom