• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Heh ... on the plus side ... I just scored 24 mega rolls of toilet paper on Amazon! (Assuming the order doesn't get canceled.)

Bleagh. Our health club is closed. We went for a swim last night and it felt so good!

The vet school where I took my sick cat for an ultrasound on Friday is closed down, and my local vet never got the results sent.

The public library was supposed to close today at 9 p.m., but now their website says they closed yesterday afternoon.

I had a return and an order pickup at Penney's last week, and checked to see if the mall was even open. It was, but I don't know for how long.

Some places are closing bars and restaurants, or they are only open for takeout/delivery orders.

My bank is supposed to be open through Friday, but will they be?

I'm starting to feel the claustrophobia! And I don't have a balcony to sing from. :(

Agreed, it can feel a little bit claustrophobic... We're not supposed to leave the house at all, work from home only, no bars or restaurants open, few available take-aways, libraries only online etc. It was, surprisingly, a bit of a shock in the beginning, even if I liked spending time alone before the quarantine. Still, I got a few months back into a routine of long walks every day and cycling to and from work and I definitely miss that. Even suddenly not seeing people every day at work feels weird.

Theoretically, you can go out if you want to risk that fine but it feels just weird. I went to buy water yesterday and it was even kind of creepy at times - people stood 1 m from each other next to shops waiting for their turn, passed by each other with suspicious looks, quite a few wore masks and gloves, all employees included... Just weird. Nah, prefer to stay home.

Still, you get used to things in time. The dogs are barking all the time now, though, and that's annoying lol.

Making a schedule of things to work on helps. For example, exercise regime (stretching and yoga) instead of walks, cooking, organising work properly, preparing things to watch and read, grab these pencils you didn't touch for who knows how long - etc. You'll adapt.

I can't really believe some young people, though, still going out despite the lockdown because they're bored. Are they not thinking about other people? Sure, they're not in the risk groups but others are. They can spread the virus while not having symptoms and literally kill someone. Maybe they already have, even. Yet, they don't care. They want to literally go out and have fun because they won't get sick anyway and other people don't count. And it's autistics that have no empathy? Pure hypocrisy.

New Threads

Top Bottom