• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety turning into fear

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
My anxiety has been elevating for the last few weeks for me. Even when I am driving my car, shelving library books, participating in the college course, eating meals, etc., I feel stressed and fear if something bad is awaiting me around the proverbial corner.
I have been taking vitamin D3 chews to deal with the lack of sunlight; it’s showing more but still not enough. I haven’t gotten much fresh air, though, because of getting into the school routine and having to work every week day and Saturday for this week. I just drove to a park and am going to walk while the sun is still up to see if it helps.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are a little worn out, your nerves are a little frayed maybe? January is a rough month but spring is coming.

Indeed I am. I am socially isolated and somehow I am blamed for it even though I try so hard to socialize. Unless someone wants a smoke, drink, money, or ride in my car (None of which I give.), people give me “Get away from me!-signals” or even try to harm me physically. Texas is such a rough culture. I also keep getting messages that others don’t want me to have a romantic relationship and they would do everything in their power to prevent me from having one or sabotage it. I am honestly completely tired of people telling me those things.

Texas - it's definitely a different culture. My friend moved there because she hated Florida. Guess what, she moved back to Florida.

People love other people's misery, like trolls are alive and well and can be your neighbor, your friend, etc. It's a tough lesson to learn. Some of us never get it.

Anxiety has increased with Covid. I see so many crazy things going on lately. This mass hysteria probably has the government worried. But you just need to stay safe and make healthy choices. But it sounds like you are good at that.

According to webMD, "The Vitamin D Council recommends that healthy adults take 2,000 IU of vitamin D daily -- more if they get little or no sun exposure." They are commonly sold in 4,000 or 5,000 IUs. Perhaps you can try something closer to that.

This one helps me out quite a bit.
E422B0E8-3957-42B3-AFE6-3425D493AFC2.jpeg

Make sure you’re hydrated. It is often even easier in winter, because it’s cool or cold, to get dehydrated - and it will mess up your emotions and sleep.

Try being in western Canada, on the shortest winter days sunrise is about 8:30 AM and sunset is about 4:30 PM, that means for many people going to and from work in the dark only seeing daylight on the weekend, plus add in a cold snap that could happen during those short days...

SADS (seasonal affective disorder syndrome) is a very real diagnosis for many people, with some of the symptoms of depression, I don't believe I gets SADS but know people who do... There is very simple light therapy that can work quite well, there is lots of information about all of this online...

On the flip side summer days here are long, early sunrise (far earlier than I will ever get up), and sunset as late as 10:00 PM

Last edited:
I totally relate to "anxiety turning to fear". But after 5 decades of living I cam honestly report that ANYTHING you do to feel better (barring substance abuse, sex addicition, gambling and murder) will help!

Getting out for that walk is a great start.

I do wish you’d start listening to me. Your biggest and only problem is that you expect fulfillment from external sources. Stop that.

I do wish you’d start listening to me. Your biggest and only problem is that you expect fulfillment from external sources. Stop that.

What do you want me to do?

Can I still post about my feelings if something significant happens? Just please don’t tell me I need to give up wanting a girlfriend and that I am messed up like so many do. That’s what I feel when I am told to stop focusing on it and that I need to work on myself.

Last edited:
What do you want me to do?

Can I still post about my feelings if something significant happens? Just please don’t tell me I need to give up wanting a girlfriend and that I am messed up like so many do. That’s what I feel when I am told to stop focusing on it and that I need to work on myself.

I want you to chill out and relax. That’s what I want you to do. It seems like everything you do in your life has something to do with acquiring a girlfriend.

All of us are allowed and enouraged to put feelings and ideas here. Lots of us repeat ourselves I know I do even though I attempt to edit.

I will venture a guess what so many of us are trying to tell you is that a hyper-focus on acquiring a partner is likely counterproductive.

I want you to chill out and relax. That’s what I want you to do. It seems like everything you do in your life has something to do with acquiring a girlfriend.

A lot of it has to do with my age (33 and will be turning 34 this year.), seeing my siblings succeed while my best efforts don’t seem good enough, and I almost died four times in 2021. Don’t you understand that I want someone special in my life?

All of us are allowed and enouraged to put feelings and ideas here. Lots of us repeat ourselves I know I do even though I attempt to edit.

I will venture a guess what so many of us are trying to tell you is that a hyper-focus on acquiring a partner is likely counterproductive.

My mind just tells me that people telling me that are saying they don’t want me to have a relationship. Someone here even accused me of flirting and harassing a woman as well as saying that was the reason why I got discharged from a depression support group. I felt like she was trying to ruin my reputation.

My mind just tells me that people telling me that are saying they don’t want me to have a relationship. Someone here even accused me of flirting and harassing a woman as well as saying that was the reason why I got discharged from a depression support group. I felt like she was trying to ruin my reputation.

I don’t recall anyone telling you that they don’t want you to be in a relationship, but quite a few of us have pointed out that you’re probably not in any fit state to be in one, not until you’ve worked out your desperation and depression and stopped thinking that a woman is going to save you.

New Threads

Top Bottom