• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety turning into fear

I’ve said this to you before: stop spreading your business all over the Internet. What do you expect? People say things like that online. You take all of the mean comments made to you as proof of your tragic victimhood, but you largely ignore helpful comments. What exactly do you want? Do you want people online to tell you “poor baby” and rub your tummy and feed you warm milk?

I really don’t know how to answer because it’s like everything I say is wrong.

I was bullied constantly as a child, my parents were constantly chastising me (Example: I would talk to someone they knew and would tell me “You quit bugging X!” or even “Don’t talk about that!” even for the most trivial things.), and my older brother would scold me for being “wrong” if I stated a fact simply because he didn’t like me saying it.

What exactly do you want?
I really don’t know how to answer because it’s like everything I say is wrong.

Based on what I've read of your posts, I think you want empathy (people who understand and care how you feel) along with advice on how to overcome your problems so you can feel less alone, have better relationships, and improve your quality of life.

I feel bad you've had a difficult life and had to put up with other people being mean to you. Having parents who treated you poorly instead of being supportive is especially difficult. I had many problems with people treating me very poorly so I understand how you feel. I admire your courage to express how you feel and ask for advice. I know it's not easy especially when it feels like people are criticizing you. You are more likely to achieve your goals (such as getting a girlfriend) than people who keep everything to themselves and avoid their problems.

One thing that really helped me was changing how I think about what happens to me. For example, I also used to feel bullied when people chastised me but I've since realized that people were usually just annoyed or frustrated with me. When I thought about it more, I became aware of how my behavior could bother people and understood why they would be annoyed or frustrated with it. Instead of thinking I'm being bullied and getting upset because of it, I now consider how people may feel and use their feedback to change how I act so people will feel better around me. Thinking more positively (such as by thinking people were just annoyed with me instead of bullying me) reduced my anxiety and helped me feel better. After thinking more positively, I realized that how I felt around people depended primarily on my beliefs about them and their behavior (as opposed to their opinion of me or the way they treated me). Once I realized that, I started interpreting people's behavior toward me in the most positive way possible which really helped me feel much better around people. Social interaction went from being a source of stress and anxiety to something I now enjoy.

I've gone through a terrible period when my anxiety was at its peak. I thought that nothing can be done and that I no longer want to deal with it.

I've gone through a terrible period when my anxiety was at its peak. I thought that nothing can be done and that I no longer want to deal with it. But then discovered FHE Treatment for anxiety disorders and decided to give it a try. M treatment consisted of a combination of counseling and medications. Finding the right combination for me ment using varying techniques and approaches. My anxiety treatment plan took into consideration my specific needs and ended up doing extra things to keep me up and in good mood: meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, and acupuncture, writing a journal, maintaining a support group, and socializing.

New Threads

Top Bottom