• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

I have more than a few worlds in my head each with their own kind of manifestation of me but my favorite would have to be Jet. I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology and Jet is the leader of a race of human hybrids called guardians. Like my birth sign he's a decent of Ares and this makes him very powerful but also unpredictable in terms of anger and rage. When he becomes enraged he unleashes a wave of pain and suffering on his enemies. Though very unpredictable he is loyal and kind to his friends and humanity in general and he'll make the ultimate sacrifices to protect them and do what's right.

the background is a blend of my favorite colors, the water droplets ae both calming rain drops and water rolling off my back as I need to remember to allow the negativity that life throws at me to roll off of me without soaking in.

Question, why are so many of the avatars hidden? Even in this thread. They talk about their avatars, but I can not see them.

Are you using the iphone app or the web interface? The app seems a bit quirky like that, but if you tap the placeholder, you can then see their profile including the avatar.
Or tap the post, select 'More', then 'Web View'. If you then tap their avatar again, you get a bigger view.

Last edited:
My avatar is a lowchen (which means "lion dog"). These dogs often have/had their coats cut to resemble lions.

I have never actually owned one. It is taken from the meanings of my first & middle names.

My first name means laurel-crowned, which reminds me of a lion's mane.
My middle name means pledge > devoted. To me, Canis lupus familiaris is the best representation for "loyalty."

Mine is of an image of me (used for almost all my avatars on all forums now) which I manipulated and cropped to show my 'glare of hate' as I call it, only thing missing really are red veiny eyes.
The username was originally to denote my lack of skills when talking to women (whom I originally wanted romantic relationships with) and social situations in general (outside of close friends and family). I use it for all aspie forums I'm on, every forum type has it's own unique username (medical, entertainment etc).

Last edited:
My user name is what it is because coming up with names for sites is something I just can't seem to do. Same for avatar, I have absolutely no idea what to make it.

My avatar is a crazed person taking delight in bashing a computer. lmao its that literal as a reflection of how i often feel.
this is what i really look like......View attachment 18682

Ooh Pretttty!!

Mine is of an image of me (used for almost all my avatars on all forums now) which I manipulated and cropped to show my 'glare of hate' as I call it, only thing missing really are red veiny eyes.
The username was originally to denote my lack of skills when talking to women (whom I originally wanted romantic relationships with) and social situations in general (outside of close friends and family). I use it for all aspie forums I'm on, every forum type has it's own unique username (medical, entertainment etc).

my avatar is a picture of me, yes the stereotypical geologist beard long hair and all. my username is just my name easy.

Mine is a woodcut of Hans Sachs, a medieval cobbler based in Nuernburg, Germany, who was one of the most famous of a group of amateur singers known as Meistersingers, which Richard Wagner so eloquently portrayed in his only comic music drama, Die Meistersinger Von Nuernburg. Since I'm a lyric tenor (supposedly), why not?

I do love a bit of nightwish have seen them twice amazing both times more a fan of the original singer though / do u like the gathering too ?

Beverly is actually my birth name, not my legal name anymore. I legally changed it at age 18 but, it's a reminder of where I cam from and, the pretty much terrible childhood I escaped and overcame. Also a reminder that despite my amazing life now, I need not to forget the suffering and hardships I endured and, had to overcome because of that childhood and, not being even recognized as an Aspie or having any understanding form anyone around me.

I was never placed in special education, never forgiven for meltdowns (I was punished for them)

Wow who punished parents / school ? What decade was this btw I was at school in the 80's - 95 and there was nothing no one picked up on me yet me having obvious signs - I was never punished though that's sounds awful

I was born in 1966 and, it was my parents who punished me for any perceived imperfection or error, mostly my father who was psychotic as well as abusive.

As an example, he would white glove check my room after I cleaned it, every surface, even the walls. If there was even a speck on his glove, I was belted five swats for every soiled finger on the glove, my dresser was then dumped and, everything swept off my shelves. I had to correct it all.

If I had even a minor outburst where anyone saw or heard me, I got the metal spatula he used as a paddle.

Not a good childhood but, I legally removed myself from any relation to that family. Yes that means no inheritance, no communication, any medical history my doctor whom I found after doing that could not obtain gone, all my childhood and baby pictures and memorabilia gone. Anything from before I turned 18 that is not official record held where I know who has them, gone but, I needed to do that, to make a complete break form my past to recover and heal. And I did recover and heal, that was a different time, another life, another version of me, a me that died long ago so, I'm fine with it now.

New Threads

Top Bottom