• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

Nine years ago I joined a RP website and chose the name of Ashenflame for a fire elemental fox character. Kind of a dumb word play of "ashes/ashen", and "flames". Got rather attached to her, but didn't feel like representing her on FFR (flash flash revolution, online DDR), so I changed her name a bit to AshenSkye. That became my own username for a while to separate me from her, and joined another RP site since the first got drove down by annoying teenagers as Twilight caught on. On the new RP site, the character needed a more "normal" name, so I pushed it a bit further to Ashe Skyler. Loved the sound of it so much, I took it as my official pen name/monicker/alias for when I'm working as an artist, doing commissions, building websites, and for general online socializing.

I have no set avatar. At first I used Ashenflame as my avatar, sometimes in her fox form and sometimes in her human form. Had a unicorn once that I drew and really liked. Had a picture of me and my husband back when we were dating. Had me as my avatar a few times. This old gryphon really grew on me, so for now it is my avatar. It'll probably be a long time before I replace it.

My user name I got from a book series called Wings of Fire(about dragons), and there is a type of dragon in the book called a SkyWing, they are usually red or orange or copper colored dragons who have mostly grumpy attitudes. Since my favorite color is red and since I am often very grumpy, I decided to make up the user name 'ThatSkyWing'.

My avatar is of Charlotte the Dessert Witch. I just think Charlotte is a very cute witch and I was a bit depressed the day I found the particular pic I'm using right now(of Charlotte crying), so that's why I chose it.

Not really a very complicated story, I know. :/

My avatar is Mork, from the TV series Mork and Mindy, an alien living on earth, learning about these strange humans and their customs..
The name 'Spiller' is a character from a book 'The Borrowers' by Mary Norton, about a race of tiny people who live under the floor. Spiller is a loner who occasionally interacts with others, but is also mostly happy in his own company..
I've been a fan of, and identified with, both characters, for years and the combination felt appropriate for me :)

Last edited:
It's a picture of me while I was in Rochester, NY for my grandpa's 91st. I split off from the group for a little while due to some disagreement (very minor) and resolved to not let that ruin my fun. So I took this picture of myself, and it turned out to be one of the best I'd ever taken. Even has a boat sailing by at just the perfect time!

My avatar is the artist Ai weiwei, What this man has accomplished for the rights of the individual, whether confined within restrictive and authoritarian cultural/political systems or the psychological authority we impose on our selves is astounding, this man is a true hero.
Please follow him on social media sites as he is utilising them to reveal the daily horrors which occur daily, these acts can only be allowed to happen in the shadows. The more people who follow him, the more light is cast in the dark places.
NEVER SORRY

My avatar is a crazed person taking delight in bashing a computer. lmao its that literal as a reflection of how i often feel.
this is what i really look like......
18457_250432218176_1827284_n.jpg

I like machines, the bigger & more complex, the better. My avatar is a picture I took four years ago, one of many I took while I was there. It is a very large, very complex machine that doesn't do anything. In fact it has only been started once. This is a nuclear powered jet engine. This was built in the early fifties as a airplane engine. The military wanted a aircraft that could stay in the air for extended period of time. Needless to say the project was never completed. If I could have gotten over that fence, I could entertain myself for days, checking it out.

I'd always wondered what in the world that machine was, clg114 , and now I know ~ thanks for posting. :)
Mine is a monochrome sketch of a beautiful not too cold snowy day in 2013. The trees seemed to be very happy, and I love trees and snow.

Mine is a scribble I did. The arc is imperfect (like me), but perhaps represents the relativistic length-contraction experienced when observing a very fast sub-atomic particle :D

Mine is a shot of the climax of my favorite movie, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. The movie's about an oceanographer who goes on the hunt for a shark that no one believes exists that he claims to have eaten his best friend/business partner, Esteban. Along the way he meets a man who may or may not be his son and a journalist who is doing an article on the expedition who is pregnant after a one night stand with her married editor.

...yea I know that's a lot but I love this story.....

Anyway, in the climax Steve and the remainder of his crew venture into a trench and see the shark, proving that Steve was not faking Esteban's death for the cameras. Steve, who was in an captain Ahab-esque rage throughout the film decides that it's too beautiful to kill, breaks down, and cries.

If you got through all that here's my reason for making this my icon aside from the fact that I like it; I can remember lines from movies and tv to almost perfection. I associate it with the AS, (a little credit goes to having no life) and this scene I can recite from memory almost perfectly. I even choke up when Steve does, and somehow manage to get through to the end scene despite tears building up in my eyes.

My avatar is Amaria from Pokemon Reborn. She is the character in the game I can relate to the most. She is the water type gym leader and she struggles with depression.

My avatar needs to be redrawn like a bawce lol. I'm sure I would do a better job anyway. The other symbols are things I made up, but yes that is a Roman numeral four in the corner. Forth thing I drew during a thirty-day improvement challenge and...I did get better. I don't know if I stayed better. I suppose over time, improvements will become more stable.

Anyway, it's from a calendar I got several years ago. I was saving it to use it as a reference for drawings, in fact. I still have it, as it's only been a few months (back in September or August, I believe).

My avatar is a casual Paint.NET project to provide myself a good avatar.
I chose some random fonts, random geekish background and played around.
The result is my current avatar.

I plan to move to a flat design avatar soon.

My avatar is Peridot, I can relate to her in a lot of ways. For example, how confused she is about the Human culture sort of shows how strange I feel amongst my classmates when they say some type of weird slang or discussing some weird things. And when she tries to impress Amethyst sorta shows how I feel when I get a new friend, which is SUPER rare. Basically she is an alien and I feel alienated among other people without Asperger's.

New Threads

Top Bottom