• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

your type?

I actually have trouble with this. My type of woman is caring, kind, blunt, and huggable. As for body type. Not overly big or super skinny. Hair type don't matter but, eyebrows do.
If she's a werewolf that's a plus. In a I have fuzzy wuzzy wife kind of way.
Fun with a good not evil sense of humor.

I think when heterosexuals are in their youth and are looking for a potential mate, they tend to look for signs of health, vitality, and intelligence. That's a deep, primal thing. Then, secondary qualifications may be more hair color, skin color, physical attributes, personality traits, etc.

When you get older and your youthful appearance fades away, physical attractiveness is often replaced with intelligence and personality traits. At this point in ones life, you're mainly concerned about is how good of a life partner they are.

From people I've talked to and things I've read, I wholeheartedly concur.

Many mature (e.g. 40+) women, for example, find it a breath of fresh air when they talk to a guy who seems normal because they're tired of well off or pretty guys who are jerks or otherwise engage in shenanigans, and they're wanting to find someone who has a good caring personality.

And so for guys who are struggling (like some here) to find someone in the 20s and 30s, I say to hang on, as skin-deep beauty fades, and with lots of women secure in their own careers, your inner beauty in the form of your personality will shine through become more valuable and more sought after, while things that may have hurt your chances in the past (looks, money, power, etc.) tend to be of significantly less weight.

View attachment 91085

My type? If I was looking, it would be someone I could do ninja things with, and best if they’re not noticeably there too often. I don’t really care what it looks like under the mask.
91EB8E7B-F622-4091-9950-F79D077213CC.png

may I introduce one big if that’s okay? The eight littles don’t even put up a fight.

The people i get attracted are often outcasts and very outspoken people who don't care what anyone thinks of them. I guess since i spent my life trying to seem normal, people who don't care about that seem brave and admirable.

This is a very interesting topic . I could be wrong but from the study of my personal experience, and from what I have observed from other people .I think most people look for qualities of themselves in a partner. Why ? Maybe it’s something familiar , maybe there are evolutionary aspects to this . Maybe it’s a subconscious signal at play . The aspects of finding a compatible partner are a lot less of a challenge to me compared to keeping one , in my opinion.

But there are some instances where people look for qualities they don’t have to counterbalance their life.
And maybe their partners . This could be very beneficial. It has helped me pertaining to certain things I lack ,

Maybe I am overthinking as usual .

Me personally. I skip completely skip over all the little idiosyncrasies of common attractions go right to the source
Intellect / intelligence
Everything will seem attractive to me after that, non physical and physical.

Most do the opposite, still the way of the past Neanderthals. Look for the physical attraction first .
I know this is standard procedure.
But after dating for a few months they are upset that the personality does not match even though their partner meets the physical requirements of attraction.
I have seen very superficial people looking for very superficial partners .
And then complain their relationship seems fake????
Ugh - some days I get sick of applying logic to everything . Going to get coffee

Last edited:
But after dating for a few months they are upset that the personality does not match even though their partner meets the physical requirements of attraction.
I have seen very superficial people looking for very superficial partners .
And then complain their relationship seems fake????
Ugh - some days I get sick of applying logic to everything . Going to get coffee
I like to think of the caskets in The Merchant of Venice, when it comes to this. (Don't judge character based on appearance.)

Or the Cynic philosopher Bion: beauty only benefits others. Shakespeare echoes this as:

The summer's flower is to the summer sweet
Though to itself it only live and die

I don't really have any specifics likes or dislikes when it comes to physical characteristics or looks. When it comes to personality though I prefer women who are more quiet or shy, women who have a sweet, gentle nature and women who don't like being in the limelight. As long as she's easy to get along with and good company I'll be attracted to her.

People who think outside the box and don't go with the masses just because it's the easy way. Open-minded and fun-loving, and maybe a little.on the badass-side.

People who think outside the box and don't go with the masses just because it's the easy way. Open-minded and fun-loving, and maybe a little.on the badass-side.
I think I fit this description. Just saying, lol. . .

Knowledgeable in literature and other arts. Speaks two or more languages (bonus points for latin or ancient greek). Introvert, doesn't like to go out too much to parties. Has not been in casual relationships, or one-night-stands. Has gone or is currently in therapy.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape. ;)
While very true, keep in mind that
not all are skilled with the proper application of an appropriately sized BFH.
That is one skill level above a tape job.

Cute, sweet, affectionate, wholesome people (probably girls tbh) who love the outdoors, music, art, cooking, reading, and animals. Looks are secondary to this. Body type, hair/eye color, ethnicity, and skin color don't matter.

But they can't be too shy or too laid back because I can be a bit over the top lol and I need someone who won't let me walk all over them (even though I don't mean to.)

Someone who shares my "bad" traits (hot-headed, opinionated, blunt, abrasive, loud, stubborn, motormouth, hyper-emotional, anxious, perfectionist, dominant, guarded, standoffish) would not be a good match at all. I think I need someone with a very different personality type, who can balance me out.
Opinions on most things (since I have VERY strong ones) would have to be a pretty close match.

Cute, sweet, affectionate, wholesome people (probably girls tbh) who love the outdoors, music, art, cooking, reading, and animals. Looks are secondary to this. Body type, hair/eye color, ethnicity, and skin color don't matter.

But they can't be too shy or too laid back because I can be a bit over the top lol and I need someone who won't let me walk all over them (even though I don't mean to.)

Someone who shares my "bad" traits (hot-headed, opinionated, blunt, abrasive, loud, stubborn, motormouth, hyper-emotional, anxious, perfectionist, dominant, guarded, standoffish) would not be a good match at all. I think I need someone with a very different personality type, who can balance me out.
Opinions on most things (since I have VERY strong ones) would have to be a pretty close match.
I imagine your dogs fit this pretty well :). Hopefully you find the right person, if you ever feel the need.

New Threads

Top Bottom