• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

your type?

Initial attraction: healthy, a little shy, pleasant demeanor. I have a soft spot for redheads.
Ultimately: intelligent, has a good internal ethical compass, interests in culture as well as the outdoors, active, does not care to watch pro sports, accepting. I was fortunate to meet a woman who was accepting of me and what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I guess we all have physical preferences, but I've never been too hung up on those. At this point, I would look for someone who really cares about their feelings and being vulnerable. Humility and having a fulfilling life, too.

Here is some sage advice.

"Men, remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green​

(Added) The Man's prayer comes after that:
"I'm a man,
but I can change,
if I have to,
I guess."

Last edited:
I think when heterosexuals are in their youth and are looking for a potential mate, they tend to look for signs of health, vitality, and intelligence. That's a deep, primal thing. Then, secondary qualifications may be more hair color, skin color, physical attributes, personality traits, etc.

When you get older and your youthful appearance fades away, physical attractiveness is often replaced with intelligence and personality traits. At this point in ones life, you're mainly concerned about is how good of a life partner they are.

I think when heterosexuals are in their youth and are looking for a potential mate, they tend to look for signs of health, vitality, and intelligence. That's a deep, primal thing. Then, secondary qualifications may be more hair color, skin color, physical attributes, personality traits, etc.

When you get older and your youthful appearance fades away, physical attractiveness is often replaced with intelligence and personality traits. At this point in ones life, you're mainly concerned about is how good of a life partner they are.

makes sense. also makes sense why high school sweethearts divorce so much. when the teenage hormones go away those magical nights on the beach don't feel the same. Also i think it's a benefit being non-straight since you're less driven by a urge to mate, therefore a little more selective with how they are

makes sense. also makes sense why high school sweethearts divorce so much. when the teenage hormones go away those magical nights on the beach don't feel the same. Also i think it's a benefit being non-straight since you're less driven by a urge to mate, therefore a little more selective with how they are
We often talk about mating/procreation as if it comes before anything else, and I get why. Our hormones change and we want sex. But, the urge to have children because you love someone can be much more powerful. I sometimes wonder if this was something our ancestors understood better, being in smaller groups and without the social roles/rules we have.

I get thrown off track, when l am super attracted then he turns out to have a beautiful soul. That just completely screws me up. Because then my brain explodes. And he is on the spectrum too.

1670627041343.jpeg

My type? If I was looking, it would be someone I could do ninja things with, and best if they’re not noticeably there too often. I don’t really care what it looks like under the mask.

Last edited:
I get thrown off track, when l am super attracted then he turns out to have a beautiful soul. That just completely screws me up. Because then my brain explodes. And he is on the spectrum too.

Aspychata, I think you have a beautiful soul, too!

Also i think it's a benefit being non-straight since you're less driven by a urge to mate
Saying this in complete friendliness, but are you sure? I don’t think heterosexuality determines the urge to mate more than any other sexuality choices. It feels like more of a unique intrinsic thing, possibly affected by your life and culture.

You want someone you can snap people's necks with. Not too much to ask. :)
Oh, but a really good ninja does all kinds of other sneaky clever things… They put your coffee somewhere where you can find it before it gets cold… They can locate missing socks in the dryer and return them to your drawer… They can turn out the lights and lock the door for you when you forget… Sneaky ninja acts so often go unnoticed!

Oh, but a really good ninja does all kinds of other sneaky clever things… They put your coffee somewhere where you can find it before it gets cold… They can locate missing socks in the dryer and return them to your drawer… They can turn out the lights and lock the door for you when you forget… Sneaky ninja acts so often go unnoticed!
Lol...that should be a book. The Friendliest Ninja. Who wouldn't want that as their type?

Lol...that should be a book. The Friendliest Ninja. Who wouldn't want that as their type?
Hey, I trust the forum to keep all of my ninja secrets… Don’t go spreading it around… Didn’t you hear about what happened to the guy who published his lady’s secret journal?

I was always a sucker for red hair and freckles, especially the freckles. I agree with what @Neonatal RRT says too, and obese or anorexic girls never got a look in with me.

Girls that wear a lot of makeup was always a big turn off for me too, I saw it as a sign of insecurity, low self esteem and social hangups.

New Threads

Top Bottom