• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yeah, it's snowing!

garnetflower13

V.I.P Member
We had two very odd winters in 2015 and 2016, with only one snow event each year, which is very unusual for this part of the world. And since I had been living in Florida for the past ten years, before moving back to the Northeast USA, I missed the snow so much! Now it is finally snowing! Hip hip hooray!:yum::sunglasses:

Does anyone else love snow?

We're in triangle area of NC and were disappointed that it didn't snow here. It rarely does so when it comes it's a treat.

I'm in the UK, and snow is the worst. Despite the fact that there's always prior warning of potential snow, the entire country pretty much grinds to a halt when it falls. Trains don't run, roads are never gritted well enough (or at all, depending on where you live - for example where I live, they'll grit the main road through the area, but none of the side roads which all the houses are on.) People also lose their minds like as if they'll be snowed in for 6 months when there's even the mention of snow.

Clear as can be here. But lows are down to the teens at night. No precipitation so far. :(

I just usually stock up on necessities when I know a major weather system is coming.

Love snow? Only if I know I don't have to drive in it. ;)

Love snow most of the time. I'm in SW Missouri and so don't get to see as much snow as I'd like. Some years are ok, some almost nothing. Was in Wyoming one May and got to walk down the still closed highway (130?) where the walls of packed snow were about 10ft high on both sides. That was great.

Where we used to live, we experienced a lot of snow and it is fun, but where we live now, we have not seen snow for nearly 4 years and yep, miss it.

I'm in the UK, and snow is the worst. Despite the fact that there's always prior warning of potential snow, the entire country pretty much grinds to a halt when it falls. Trains don't run, roads are never gritted well enough (or at all, depending on where you live - for example where I live, they'll grit the main road through the area, but none of the side roads which all the houses are on.) People also lose their minds like as if they'll be snowed in for 6 months when there's even the mention of snow.

Indeed, they also go "Panic shopping" at the likes of Tesco just because they might not get out for a couple of days.

Get a grip!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like snow, even if I complained a lot last winter. That was a bit to much. In my younger days I used to play in the snow a lot. I had a few snowmobiles. We used to get up early and drive up in the mountains looking for as much snow as we could find. It was a lot of fun to spend the day riding. I suppose those were the good old days.

Takes me awhile to get used to again, from year to year, but it's here. Don't know if I love it, maybe, it's been with me all my life. First snows are the best, I snow-shoe in the winter. It's often very clear and the sun is really bright, and it muffles sound. So it has it's advantages, although it makes my nose itchy.

Clear as can be here. But lows are down to the teens at night. No precipitation so far. :(

I just usually stock up on necessities when I know a major weather system is coming.

Love snow? Only if I know I don't have to drive in it. ;)
Exactly! I don't have to drive in it. :D

Indeed, they also go "Panic shopping" at the likes of Tesco just because they might not get out for a couple of days.

Get a grip FFS!
Yes, I really hate it when people go panic shopping. And fill their shopping carts with all kinds of junk instead of nutritious foods. I know, none of my business but it irritates me just the same!

I like snow, even if I complained a lot last winter. That was a bit to much. In my younger days I used to play in the snow a lot. I had a few snowmobiles. We used to get up early and drive up in the mountains looking for as much snow as we could find. It was a lot of fun to spend the day riding. I suppose those were the good old days.
Yes, in my younger days I would bundle up and walk in it if it wasn't storming too hard. I especially like the silence after a big snow storm, with perhaps the peaceful scraping sound of snow shovels.

Yes, in my younger days I would bundle up and walk in it if it wasn't storming too hard. I especially like the silence after a big snow storm, with perhaps the peaceful scraping sound of snow shovels.

I was one of those kids who really did have to walk three miles in the snow to get to school.

Fun to play in, but never to go to school. :p

There's a pic in this forum somewhere of my brother and I shoveling snow. Wish I could recall where it is...lol. :eek:

Just got our first seemingly-permanent snow of the season here in Minnesota, and I couldn't be happier. I love snow: how pretty it is, how it crunches underfoot, and the fact the snow is associated with cold, which I love even more.

Let it snow!

I was one of those kids who really did have to walk three miles in the snow to get to school.

Fun to play in, but never to go to school. :p

There's a pic in this forum somewhere of my brother and I shoveling snow. Wish I could recall where it is...lol. :eek:

Well, I had to walk 5 miles to school and it was up hill, both ways! Things were so bad when I was a kid that we did not have electricity. We had to watch TV by candle light!

If anyone believes that, I have a bridge that I would like to sell to you.

Last edited:
Well, I had to walk 5 miles to school and it was up hill, both ways! Things were so bad when I was a kid that we did not have electricity. We had to watch TV by candle light!

I anyone believes that, I have a bridge that I would like to sell to you.

If you had no electricity, how did the telly work? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom