• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yeah, it's snowing!

I was one of those kids who really did have to walk three miles in the snow to get to school.

Fun to play in, but never to go to school. :p

There's a pic in this forum somewhere of my brother and I shoveling snow. Wish I could recall where it is...lol. :eek:
Well, yeah definitely not fun for going to school! As a child, I used to love snow days, when we would all gather around the radio in the kitchen to hear of school closings! It was fun because we could then play in the snow!

Watching the Army-Navy game in Philly. Looks like they're having a little snow too...lol.

Looks like the Army brought their "camouflaged" uniforms. :p

I doooooo love snow, but I'm in Maryland, so it's expected to be apart of our lives. Not much of a surprise that we finally got it.:p However, it snowed in Alabama where some of my family lives, and they think it's a sign on the apocalypse.:eek:

I doooooo love snow, but I'm in Maryland, so it's expected to be apart of our lives. Not much of a surprise that we finally got it.:p However, it snowed in Alabama where some of my family lives, and they think it's a sign on the apocalypse.:eek:

Lol, I live in AL and they say "Snowpocalypse" because of what happened it 2014. I remember in 2014 I stayed home while my mom went to go pick up my brother. Took her several hours to get back because it was hard to drive. When she came back, there was a dent in her car because her car slid into another car.

Anyway. I love looking at snow. It's so mesmerizing when you look in the sky and see all of it falling down.

We have snow in the NW of England. A very polite dusting after a day of very considerate hail stone.

Freezing temps overnight then watery sunshine during the day means lots of icy slush on pavements and clear roads.

Black and white, or color? :p

We didn't have color until around 1968. But we had rabbit ears on the roof that went up beyond 30 feet!

I think I bought my first color set about the same time, it was right after I got out of the Army. I used rabbit ears with tin foil flags. At that time in Boise, there were only two stations that broadcast in color and only in the evening.

I'm in the UK, and snow is the worst. Despite the fact that there's always prior warning of potential snow, the entire country pretty much grinds to a halt when it falls. Trains don't run, roads are never gritted well enough (or at all, depending on where you live - for example where I live, they'll grit the main road through the area, but none of the side roads which all the houses are on.) People also lose their minds like as if they'll be snowed in for 6 months when there's even the mention of snow.
I agree and I've always said if anyone wanted to invade Britain all they need to do is wait until there's a at least a dusting of snow on the ground, there'd be chaos and we'd be virtually defenceless lol.

I agree and I've always said if anyone wanted to invade Britain all they need to do is wait until there's a at least a dusting of snow on the ground, there'd be chaos and we'd be virtually defenceless lol.
I remember going to Austria in 1994 and we were nearly at the hotel halfway Up a mountain and the snow was feet deep on each side but of course being Austria every road was gritted ,The tiniest roads were gritted ,it was 6 o'clock in the morning ,roads are gritted perfectly ,going back to Sunderland Road up to South Tyne side which is the border completely gritted ,then stops soon as it comes onto Sunderland ,can't believe how petty The council are .

I am from western NC and missing home right now. The pictures from family are so beautiful. I hope it snows again when I move back so I can try out my AWD in the snow. I love the pulse pounding, fully alive feeling I get from drifting. That moment of no longer being in control is exhilirating, if not equally terrifying.

It's a mountainous-enough country that that doesn't bother me.

I'm fine with snow in the sense that it's way better than ice.

Where I live snow and ice aren't really mutually exclusive. :eek: With one comes the other. But where is often more important than how much. Ice can force me to simply find another way to get somewhere, or not at all.

Though with a new car with its own proprietary type of limited slip differential it should be interesting to see how it handles both snow and ice. Hmmm. Doesn't hurt either to have a heated steering wheel and seats. :cool:

Last edited:

Now would be the perfect time. It has been snowing all morning. Luckily, where I am it had rained previously so it's not really settling that much. I fear that it will all freeze overnight though and then we will have the joy of snow settling on top of an ice rink tomorrow.

We had two very odd winters in 2015 and 2016, with only one snow event each year, which is very unusual for this part of the world. And since I had been living in Florida for the past ten years, before moving back to the Northeast USA, I missed the snow so much! Now it is finally snowing! Hip hip hooray!:yum::sunglasses:

Does anyone else love snow?

I do like snow, but not the cold it brings. :fearful:

It's just started snowing here too! I'm supposed to be revising for a driving theory test, but had to go outside and play with the neighbour's kids. I was forced. I had no choice.

Where I'm from. We get just the right amount of show in the winter. It's anywhere from 1 to 6 inches and usually lasts for about 2 weeks to a month. Just enough to give Christmas that winter wonderland experience without being too disruptive to daily life. At least to my life that is. I am from North Idaho and have been trained in the art of driving on ice and snow, and most people here in my town are from the south and have no clue how to drive on this stuff. So when the snow hits. My town just shuts down and I'm usually the only one on the road. I just laugh at how people here are terrified of just a few inches of snow, considering that I came from a place that gets several feet of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom