• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst things to say while your wife/partner is in labor

@Crossbreed
I was put in an open dresser drawer when I was brought home!
Dad didn't get the crib put together in time. :oops:

Bad thing to say when partner is in labor? "Here it comes. I see feet!"

Euh, it's all wrinkly - can we swap it for that one over there?

Last edited:
OK folks,...this is literally part of my job,...going to deliveries of babies. In all seriousness, the WORST comments,...by far,...will come out of the mouths of male obstetricians.

These are real. No joke.

1. The woman is in the heat of labor, the baby isn't moving because she's trying to push a watermelon out the hole the size of a lemon.:eek: The baby is too big, so out come the episiotomy scissors,...he's going to have to cut the tissue between the vagina and the anus. Oh yeah,...this is a thing. Just before the "snip", out of his mouth he says, "You might feel a little discomfort." Keep in mind,...there's no lidocaine injection to numb up the area,...no time for that,...the baby is in distress and needs to come out.

I looked at my team members standing at the infant warming bed,...we were waiting for the baby to be handed to us. Our eyes all got big like,..."Did he actually say that?"o_O

2. My own wife,...our second child. Epidural anesthetics failed x 2,...she's going to have to do this au natural,...and "V-back",...vaginal delivery after a previous cesarian section (our first child). Keep in mind, there is an increased risk of uterine rupture doing V-back deliveries,...so this is in the back of my mind the whole time. At any rate,...the baby is coming,...of course, he's not able to move,...big kid. The first thing the OB doctor does is get out the lube,...fine,...but then he is massaging my wife down there,...while looking into my eyes in a real creepy way. Now,...things are moving along here, my wife is in distress, the baby is in distress,...and I am imagining myself doing some serious physical harm to this doctor. The baby gets stuck,...out come the scissors,...sure as anything,..."You might feel a little discomfort" comes out of his mouth. (I swear, do they teach this phrase in medical school?). My wife, shortly later pushes out a full-grown English Bulldog,...I mean 11lb, 11oz/5.3kg baby,...his head was wider than it was tall,...felt like a heavy cement block compared to most babies I deal with. As any woman can imagine,...severe vaginal lacerations requiring over 2hrs worth of internal stitches to stop the bleeding. The whole time,...my wife never screamed,...never made any vocalizations,...just sucked it all up like no Navy Seal could ever manage to do. Another level of respect for her. The next day,...the doctor comes in,...my wife can barely move,...I cannot imagine the swelling and pain she was in. "So, wasn't this better than a C-section?":eek:o_O I gave him a look like, WTH! If my wife had a jet pack on her back and could launch herself at that man's throat, she surely would have.

Keep in mind, this OB doctor had a reputation for being one of the best in the Grand Rapids area,...and after our little experience,...I made sure all my female co-workers knew otherwise.

Oh, and to top it off,...she had to have a full reconstructive surgery years later,...and to this day, her right sacral-iliac joint has not fused. She walks with a bit of limp and frequently has back pain. So,...as much as I am not a fan of C-sections, in general,...the babies generally have less respiratory difficulties after birth,...but they have their place. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think we would have went with a C-section had we known.

I hope it's not deformed. But we can always give it up for adoption. So no big deal.

Why the hysterics. I had a paper cut the other day, and it still pains me, but you don't see me crying.

I know you've assured me I'm the father and everything, and I believe you would never lie to me, but Uhmm, I want a full blood test done on you, me and the baby when you're done. I'm going to the bar now.

These are not the worst things to say, but are the first one’s that I thought of:

- What’s for dinner!

- Why are you yelling at me? How am I responsible?

- Can you stop to make me a sandwich?

- Do you mind if I live stream this on YouTube? I have an office pool betting on the time of the blessed event.

Last edited:
Not going to lie. I make jokes when I shouldn't and I did make an inopportune joke after the birth of my son. But my wife knew I was joking and just shook her head and said "I don't know about you some times" lol

"I'm exhausted. How about you babe?"

Oh stop being so dramatic! Giving birth is easy. All you do is lie in bed.

Is this a bad time to say that I want a divorce/break up with you?

Oh by the way I also got your mom, sister, aunt, niece, and cousin pregnant as well.

Do I sacrifice the baby now or wait until it starts to walk?

My husband actually did watch a hockey game when I was in labour.
It was a playoff game.
I forget which teams but he kept talking about Jeremy Roenick.

The worst thing he said to me was "Breathe!" (repeatedly).
That was his only input in between hockey commentary.
I finally snapped "I am breathing!", and he decided that was rude.

Then he told the nurse to lie to my mother and tell her she wasn't allowed in.

After delivery, he insulted our baby, said the baby was a brat, a suck, and a loser, and left the room to get some food.

We aren't married anymore.

After delivery, he insulted our baby, said the baby was a brat, a suck, and a loser, and left the room to get some food.
That is sad.
I doted on all of my babies. (Sadly, some became jerks later, though... :()

I still dote on my ASD3 daughter at home. ;)

Last edited:
My husband actually did watch a hockey game when I was in labour.
It was a playoff game.
I forget which teams but he kept talking about Jeremy Roenick.

The worst thing he said to me was "Breathe!" (repeatedly).
That was his only input in between hockey commentary.
I finally snapped "I am breathing!", and he decided that was rude.

Then he told the nurse to lie to my mother and tell her she wasn't allowed in.

We aren't married anymore.

Chicago Blackhawks, Phoenix Coyotes or Philadelphia Flyers. I don't even know why I remember that because I haven't watched sports with sustained attention in decades.

Edit: What an ass.

New Threads

Top Bottom