• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst things to say while your wife/partner is in labor

Hope this new one won't take long to get up to
grilling size. Been ages since we had a decent
barbecue.

full
(We used an open dresser drawer for a short time... ;))
Thanks for the link. It's critically important.

* I bet that hurts.
* That looks really painful.
* When the kid's born is there a door prize?
* Now for some appropriate music...Slayer, Reign In Blood.
* Reminds me of the movie Aliens.

* Hey! Where's my drugs?
* This is Doncore...he's an Australian shaman who will be screaming at your birth canal for the next 20 minutes.
* Please! If you're going to scream, at least pick a key!

I saw this video the other day about a wasp that injects her eggs into the body of a caterpillar, and then the larva live inside the caterpillar while it eats and acts normally, and then the larvae burst out of its body like something out of Aliens and make a nest of cocoons. And not only does the caterpillar somehow survive all of of this, but it's been brainwashed to guard the cocoons until it starves to death. Then they hatch into adult wasps and start all over.

Anyway, this little act of nature would not be a fun thing to hear while in labor.:D

I saw this video the other day about a wasp that injects her eggs into the body of a caterpillar, and then the larva live inside the caterpillar while it eats and acts normally, and then the larvae burst out of its body like something out of Aliens and make a nest of cocoons. And not only does the caterpillar somehow survive all of of this, but it's been brainwashed to guard the cocoons until it starves to death. Then they hatch into adult wasps and start all over.

Anyway, this little act of nature would not be a fun thing to hear while in labor.:D
That is where the writers came up with the idea in Alien & sequels.

Last edited:
When my mum was in labour with my sister she had to deal with a 7 year old me screaming in her face "are you dieing!!" "If you die do I still get a sister!!!"

Oh my goodness
OK folks,...this is literally part of my job,...going to deliveries of babies. In all seriousness, the WORST comments,...by far,...will come out of the mouths of male obstetricians.

These are real. No joke.

1. The woman is in the heat of labor, the baby isn't moving because she's trying to push a watermelon out the hole the size of a lemon.:eek: The baby is too big, so out come the episiotomy scissors,...he's going to have to cut the tissue between the vagina and the anus. Oh yeah,...this is a thing. Just before the "snip", out of his mouth he says, "You might feel a little discomfort." Keep in mind,...there's no lidocaine injection to numb up the area,...no time for that,...the baby is in distress and needs to come out.

I looked at my team members standing at the infant warming bed,...we were waiting for the baby to be handed to us. Our eyes all got big like,..."Did he actually say that?"o_O

2. My own wife,...our second child. Epidural anesthetics failed x 2,...she's going to have to do this au natural,...and "V-back",...vaginal delivery after a previous cesarian section (our first child). Keep in mind, there is an increased risk of uterine rupture doing V-back deliveries,...so this is in the back of my mind the whole time. At any rate,...the baby is coming,...of course, he's not able to move,...big kid. The first thing the OB doctor does is get out the lube,...fine,...but then he is massaging my wife down there,...while looking into my eyes in a real creepy way. Now,...things are moving along here, my wife is in distress, the baby is in distress,...and I am imagining myself doing some serious physical harm to this doctor. The baby gets stuck,...out come the scissors,...sure as anything,..."You might feel a little discomfort" comes out of his mouth. (I swear, do they teach this phrase in medical school?). My wife, shortly later pushes out a full-grown English Bulldog,...I mean 11lb, 11oz/5.3kg baby,...his head was wider than it was tall,...felt like a heavy cement block compared to most babies I deal with. As any woman can imagine,...severe vaginal lacerations requiring over 2hrs worth of internal stitches to stop the bleeding. The whole time,...my wife never screamed,...never made any vocalizations,...just sucked it all up like no Navy Seal could ever manage to do. Another level of respect for her. The next day,...the doctor comes in,...my wife can barely move,...I cannot imagine the swelling and pain she was in. "So, wasn't this better than a C-section?":eek:o_O I gave him a look like, WTH! If my wife had a jet pack on her back and could launch herself at that man's throat, she surely would have.

Keep in mind, this OB doctor had a reputation for being one of the best in the Grand Rapids area,...and after our little experience,...I made sure all my female co-workers knew otherwise.

Oh, and to top it off,...she had to have a full reconstructive surgery years later,...and to this day, her right sacral-iliac joint has not fused. She walks with a bit of limp and frequently has back pain. So,...as much as I am not a fan of C-sections, in general,...the babies generally have less respiratory difficulties after birth,...but they have their place. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think we would have went with a C-section had we known.
Oh my!! The Dr sounds very creepy

My side chick is going to be so pissed about this baby, she already gripes about how much time l don't spend with her.

Last edited:
I'm curious - what feels more painful to push out? The baby you're currently giving birth to, or that kidney stone you had some years back?

New Threads

Top Bottom