• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why would any women want me? Why should i bother to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovanovic

my flaws:

bad posture (back and neck, born with it did not get it from too much sitting in front of computer etc)

extremely red lips (looks like lipstick)

little head.

big and deformed nose.

bushy eyebrows.

walking strange.

crooked foot.

ptosis/lazy eye.

my skin is terrible.

i have a weird way of looking with my eyes.

acne.

deformed fingers (they are crooked)

Both legs looks strange.

extremely skinny arms.

long forehead,

birthmarks in the face.

incredible bad at talking with people (i suspect that I have some kind of light damage to the brain)

weird voice.

hairy.

skinny/ugly looking Penis

unibrow.

skin that protrudes at the nails.

Hiatus hernia.

strange / ugly hair.

big ears.

virgin and unkissed even though I'm so old.

not had friends my whole adult life (never had a female friend).

Dyslexia.

stupid, low iq.

poor eyesight.

afraid of dogs and cats.

will never have a good job and never have a lot of money.

sometimes there are a lot of embarrassing random leak and saliva out of my mouth.

ugly looking teeth and they are yellow.

Sometimes I stammer.

blinks a lot with the eyes.

licking my lips alot.

extreme dandruff (no schampoo helps me)

sweats a lot and often, i use soap and rollon and try different versions .... but of course its not working.

Snores loud/weird according to my brothers. I sound like a car (?)

sleeping problems. Which makes me look tired and sad.

no clothes suits me. I look ugly in everything.

long neck.

Etc. I can just keep going. I tried everything to fix my flaws but nothing is working. I am 0 of 10 on the look scale. No women will accept a guy with that many flaws, lets be realistic folks.

I don't know you so I can't address all of that but I used to have a monobrow, Frida Kahlo had a monobrow. Why would any woman be bothered by Dyslexia? That is a common thing and nothing cringe worthy at all.

You should see my husband's eyebrows. Unruly and bushy and one of the things cute about him. He has a large nose, too. But he is adorable because those things are all good. A wonderful looking guy and a very distinctive guy. Who has a lot of friends. And has what I call "architects" posture. Things you might find bad on yourself and I see them as delightful.

Teeth don't come in white, they come in a variety of teeth colors. Mine are just not naturally white, they look terrible to me but I have always been complimented on my smile. Big ears can be adorable. I hope mine are. Who is to say how long is too long for a forehead? I used to think mine terribly flat, and it is, but I eventually realized there is no one perfect forehead. All are good.

Dandruff needs some attention for yourself because I imagine it itches. Could be psoriasis. Never mind what women think, your feelings matter and you deserve a comfortable head.

You sound like I have felt, particularly before my late 30's. Oh, boy did I think I was ugly, and maybe I am. Certainly I don't look like a Photoshoped model or even my cute, perky neighbor. But I'm not as bad as I think sometimes. I bathe, comb my hair, brush my teeth, wear clean though odd clothes. Still I look in the mirror sometimes and never want to leave the house again.

Hope you feel better about yourself. Really, just don't watch tv and stuff, it will mess up your self image terribly.

Jovanovic you haven’t listed a single thing that is positive about you. In order for a woman to find you attractive you should find yourself attractive. How will anyone buy a product that the seller doesn’t even believe in.

I am sure the things you have listed can be seen with an opposite view and seem as attractive traits.

What is realistic is that not everyone goes after the conventional airheads pumped with testosterone. It varies as much as there are people in the world what people would highlight to find attractive. Even in black and white there are a lot of shades that remain. That’s how the world is.

Jovanovic you haven’t listed a single thing that is positive about you. In order for a woman to find you attractive you should find yourself attractive. How will anyone buy a product that the seller doesn’t even believe in.

I am sure the things you have listed can be seen with an opposite view and seem as attractive traits.

What is realistic is that not everyone goes after the conventional airheads pumped with testosterone. It varies as much as there are people in the world what people would highlight to find attractive. Even in black and white there are a lot of shades that remain. That’s how the world is.
I've always found the "pumped up" guys really unattractive. I like the academic types, book worms. Always have. Attractiveness is definitely not the same to everyone.

I've always found the "pumped up" guys really unattractive. I like the academic types, book worms. Always have. Attractiveness is definitely not the same to everyone.

Exactly! I still have some muscles in my face that don’t respond after a Bell’s pareses years ago which makes my left eye look lazy and doesn’t let me pout proper or even eat soup proper. I was super conscious about these, but my ex found this to be super cute. In fact he told me he got attracted the minute he saw me in picture and I had one small eye and one big eye. I never thought it would be something that would attract someone. When I stopped thinking about these things as my flaws they stopped being of hinderance for me. I could list up a lot of things about my appearance, behavior or my diagnosis that don’t make me the conventional type, but I don’t see these as bad things as they’re all a part of me. I’m different and that’s it. The correct person will find a whole world that no one else can provide within me and I’ll know by that that they are worthy of being a part of it.

Maybe you can go to dermatologist? I have a friend who also has a lot of acnes on his face, and he went to dermatologist. I think he is using some pads everyday, and it makes his face way much better.

If you really have that many problems with your outlooking, some of them can be changed by plastic surgery.

I'm a female and if I don't shave everyday I have a beard. I take care of that because its one thing I can't stand about myself. I also have scars on various parts of me from an incurable skin condition, in addition to being overweight and wobbly (I'm sorting that one out). But I still find people that find me attractive.
And, even if my outside is seriously flawed, I'm always being told how beautiful my soul and personality is (even if most of the time I can't see it).
Through all my physical flaws and being emotionally unstable and neurotic, people still find me attractive. I still don't fathom why, but they do. I often think they must be lying.

My point is - there will be things about you you are convinced means no one will ever want you, but it could be those things that attract them - or they might look over those things entirely and see something else in you that you don't see.

I agree.

I don't like the muscly cloud shape, or orange tans. I like men/women who think for themselves and don't follow "trends", who like to read and can tell me a millions different facts about their favourite thing.

When you focus on and list all your flaws like that it makes it hard to offer advice lol

If a girl is truly what you desire all you can do is continue to progress in self improvement.
Have you tried posture correctors or seeing a chiropractor?
Bushy eyebrows can be trimed down.Shaved, plucked or waxed.
Could get reconstructive surgery on your nose after saving up money.
Or maybe a haircut that makes it less obvious or draws attention to the hair instead of face. Could grow your hair long and wear shades often for first meetings.

If your spinal position allows you to work out could get buff at least. Some girls favor that over anything else / protector role.

my flaws:

bad posture (back and neck, born with it did not get it from too much sitting infront of computer etc)

extremely red lips (looks like lipstick)

little head.

big and deformed nose.

bushy eyebrows.

walking strange.

crooked foot.

ptosis/lazy eye.

my skin is terrible.

i have a weird way of looking with my eyes.

acne.

deformed fingers (they are crooked)

Both legs looks strange.

extremely skinny arms.

long forehead,

birthmarks in the face.

incredible bad at talking with people (i suspect that I have some kind of light damage to the brain)

weird voice.

hairy.

skinny/ugly looking Pen¤s

unibrow.

skin that protrudes at the nails.

Hiatus hernia.

strange / ugly hair.

big ears.

virgin and unkissed even though I'm so old.

not had friends my whole adult life (never had a female friend).

Dyslexia.

stupid, low iq.

poor eyesight.

afraid of dogs and cats.

will never have a good job and never have a lot of money.

sometimes there are a lot of embarrassing random leak and saliva out of my mouth.

ugly looking teeth and they are yellow.

Sometimes I stammer.

blinks a lot with the eyes.

licking my lips alot.

extreme dandruff (no schampoo helps me)

sweats a lot and often, i use soap and rollon and try different versions .... but of course its not working.

Snores loud/weird according to my brothers. I sound like a car (?)

sleeping problems. Whick makes me look tired and sad.

no clothes suits me. I look ugly in everything.

long neck.

Etc. I can just keep going. I tried everything to fix my flaws but nothing is working. I am 0 of 10 on the look scale. No women will accept a guy with that many flaws, lets be realistic folks.

How can you have a “low I.Q” When you write here so intelligently? I do not believe it, and so, perhaps all the other stuff is exaggerated in your mind also. I am not sure you are being truly realistic about yourself.

Can you find a girlfriend via online? Also, I have seen all sorts of “unattractive” and /or cognitively “low functioning” people find relationships - even marriage. So even if you do have all these issues YOU believe you have to this extreme degree, there is still hope!

Are you able to get therapy for your low self esteem? I would work on that first.

Last edited:
@jovanovic
At the very least, it seems like the ability
to devise extensive lists would appeal to
someone.

That takes the ability to observe, perseverance
to compile, and some inclination toward
orderliness.

While nobody can change their genetic features, there are ways to work on your appearance. But, at the same time, find things that are positive about you. If you have things you want to improve on, improve on them. There are ways to work on your posture and your haircut. If you're socially awkward, maybe a guide or class on social skills could help. The worst thing to do is sit back and feel bad about your flaws. We all do it from time to time, but you don't deserve to feel bad over flaws because everyone has flaws they want to work on.

Wow all the negativity totally made me make this account. Sooo... yea doesn't sound like you are the top choice for women. So you have 3 choices... 1) Not get a girlfriend and play games all day and be the totally awesome guild leader and totally pwn all the noobs that think they can get away with playing a few hours in the weekends because otherwise their girlfriends would totally break up with them... That reminds me... I need to get back into gaming... 2) Get a girlfriend with... all of the negative qualities you have. 3) Fix the negative qualities that you can and then... get a girlfriend with... all of the negative qualities you have left.

In the order listed:
Duh. Fix it.

Stop licking your lips. It dehydrates them and cause the skin to peel... which then causes red lips. Moisturize if that isn't enough (Who cares if it's gay) and protect with petroleum jelly.

How little are we talking here?

How big and deformed are we talking here? Last resort... nose job. Unless you got a thing for girls with big and deformed noses ;)

Ok so how bushy are we talking here? For a guy strong eyebrows are a + not a -. If they are grandpa eyebrows you can just trim them down a bit but be careful because eyebrows require a true master to not mess it up. Just look at the girls with the drawn on eyebrows. Don't end up like them. You have been warned.

Fix thy gait. Or register it at the ministry of funny walks. You could totally make a killing. Yes. Unfunny Monty Python reference there. I'm autistic, what did you expect?

Probably has something to do with the funny walk? Fix it and the walking would be possible to fix too.

Again. Fix it. Yes you can as an adult. There's exercises for it. Just try and see.

Eat healthier. Drink a lot of water. Stop eating junk. Chocolate, candy and that stuff makes me pimple out as well. Cleaning the skin often with sensitive cleaning agents could help. Dermatologists are a last resort.

Stop with the weird gaze then. A lot of this is just behaviour you choose to exhibit, mate. I always had a weird look in my eyes as well. Not anymore. Except when I want someone to go away.

This is cheating. You cannot use 2 negatives so closely related to inflate your list.

Bone continues to grow in adult life. It can be fixed but depending on how crooked it can be quite difficult. Be careful to not destroy your fingers since doctors are too stupid to admit such a thing can be done without surgery. I would say if the bones in your fingers are bent then they can be straightened. If the actual joint is crooked then learn to live with it.

Wear pants. Or squat. Muscle might make them look better.

Weightlifting. Same as above basicly.

Haircut can cover it up. Assuming your forehead is really too long to begin with and you are not just overreacting on literally everything.

Birthmarks can be removed. If they are in the area of beard growth you can cover them up that way. Removing them would mean they would have to be... well... very unsightly. Are they? I am not sure if you are being perfectly honest with some of these so I'm just giving the advice assuming it's really bad.

You can learn how to talk better. On the upside, girls that talk weird and are bad at talking and are like totally shy are soooooooo cute. So make sure what you are giving up before learning how to talk better! Seriously. Learning how to become better at talking is possible. Improvement is improvement. Bleah how redundant.

Voice can be improved with exercises and training.

There are these parlors filled to the brim with demonic Asian girls that love nothing more than to torture hairy guys. Visit them.

TMI bro. TMI. But yes. I'm ashamed to even admit knowing this, but yes. You can fix it. First post and already I've been tricked into being the "creepy dude that knows way too much about male genitalia". Thanks.

Tweezers! Get to work.

I don't even know what that is.

Are you fat? Hmm... Heavy weightlifting might not be a good suggestion for some of the other problems considering this is caused by factors that can't be controlled. The squatting atleast. DB Curls should still be possible for arms.

Haircut.

Eh... How big exactly?

You lucky, lucky man.

Not having friends doesn't matter as long as you are proud of it. Friends are usually made by having some hobbies in common or from school. Friends from work are a ticking time bomb. You don't sound like the kinda guy that's pursuing any hobbies (Judging from the fact that you have so much time to wallow in negativity) so finding some would probably automatically make you end up with friends. Assuming you first fix your social issues. Drooling is totes not cool.

If you were a hot stud football player with a square jaw and Dyslexia all the girls would be like "No he's not a dumb jock! He has Dyslexia!". So this is not a negative.

Just so happens that I am an expert on stupid people. I am the Jane Goodall of stupid people. Stupid people exhibit many different behaviours. Just when you think you've seen them do the dumbest thing possible, another behaviour pops up that is, while previously thought impossible, even dumber. The one behaviour I have never seen stupid people engage in, however, is referring to themselves as stupid or low IQ. Those that do realize they have low IQ (through a test they were forced to do) consider IQ tests to be a farce and as such consider IQ to be a meaningless metric.

Contacts.

Lots of cuddling dogs and cats. Face your fears head on! Cute kittens and puppies await!

You won't if you don't try, no. Have you even done an IQ test? Assuming you really have low IQ, no you won't. You don't need a lot of money if you don't spend a lot of money.

Yea... uhm... fix it. Train those muscles around your mouth or whatever. I'm assuming here that you don't have something like CP or permanently damaged nerves that prevent full control over muscles. Even if your nerves are weak (which is possibly what causes the drooling) you can strengthen control over the muscles.

Myobrace, dentist visits and good brushing/flossing. In case all else fails, whitening teeth but that shouldn't be necessary. Also avoid stuff like tea and coffee that can stain teeth.

Speech training can either fix or improve it.

Then start practicing less blinking...

Stop doing that.

Dandruff is nothing more than flaky scalp skin. It could be actually caused by shampoo or soap. Perhaps dehydration. There's also a number of skin conditions that cause it. Start eliminating possible causes (from easiest to hardest) and you should find the culprit eventually.

I sweat a lot too. There's worse things in life than being a sweaty pervert.

Sounds like sleep apnea. This is a serious health issue and you have a bigger problem than just getting girls when it comes to this. Are you fat? If so lose weight. There's various devices from very cheap and simple to frigging CPAP machines to fix such issues if you are not fat. Lose weight if you are though.

Another "2 for the price of 1". This is caused by sleep apnea. It's very dangerous and is the first thing for you to focus on fixing.

Clothes make the man. Maybe you just try out the wrong stuff. You need to fix other issues related with your appearance first, however. I would still not suggest you pick out your clothes. You need some stylish chick (or gay dude) to help you with that. And it's better to fix other parts of appearance first. Wardrobe changes can be quite expensive.

Direct neck training (don't do anything crazy) can make the neck appear more balanced. Pencil neck is most likely making your neck look so long. I would not do this until the sleep apnea thing is eliminated through weight loss. Otherwise I would not do this and you should live with the long neck because a thicker neck will make a sleep apnea worse.

Sheesh. That was a long one. As you can see, there's already a bunch that are easily fixed... in like... a week. Then there's the more difficult ones that take years. Then there's the stuff that requires surgery and the plain impossible (or maybe possible but not worth it through surgery). Even just fixing the first 2 categories that might in total require 1000-2000 bucks can improve things a lot over the next 3 years. It does require a ton of effort, though.

Eh. Girlfriends are overrated anyway. Can be nice, but don't be too depressed if the only ones you can get aren't up to your standards. If you fixate on it like it's your purpose in life then life might just pass you by. Find some hobbies that make you happy or give you some goal to reach. I mean an actual goal. Not "get girlfriend". I know that when you are in this place, these kind of words seem totally alien and don't resonate at all... but just take my word for it. Unfortunately the only way to truly fix this mindset is to get a girlfriend... and another... and another... until you're like "Ok I'm holding out for a good one now, so I can focus on important stuff because girlfriends keep getting in the way of my goals".

I think the most important goals to set in your list are those related to your health. Whether you need an expensive CPAP machine or just clean up your diet, these are things that are very important to fix ASAP.

You know what, I wouldn’t date someone who talks like this about themselves.

I could make a long list of all the negative things about my boyfriend, but guess what, people aren’t just a sum of their negative traits. It’s a package deal. You take the bad with the good, and if someone is an awesome person, you don’t even notice most of the negative things. I’m not going to lie, for example it took me two years of living together to realize that my boyfriend has incredibly stinky feet. Attraction can be powerful enough to make you not notice that.

However, if someone has a profoundly negative opinion of themselves, others will pick up on that. Keep pointing out the negatives and everyone will see them. I don’t think you’re anywhere near ready to date. First, fix your self-esteem and possible medical problems.

A lot of looks comes down to perception.

And character is far more attractive than appearance anyway.

there is something called objective ugly, i am objective ugly (everyone think that i am ugly).

character does not really matter when i am as ugly as i am. and i dont really have a character anyways.

Maybe you're afraid that some one might like you
and you wouldn't know how to behave under that circumstance.

You certainly have a "yes, but" answer ready for any suggestion
that you might not actually be the most unappealing individual
on the face of the earth.

true, and the reason for that is because i have no positive traits - in other peoples eyes.

i do think that i should be good enough to be loved, but with how society looks like i have to be realistic and thus i have no positive traits compared to others! a woman will never like me, its a fact, i will never get friends either. i dont live up to what society want a guy to look like.

of course woman like different guys, but what woman like a guy who has many flaws, who has little money and few friends and is really weird and a virgin? i have to many weaknesses to get liked. its not possible to love me/like me/have i crush on me.

yep, but who likes a guy who is:

virgin
very ugly
very weird
have few friends or zero friends
bad job

Maybe you can go to dermatologist? I have a friend who also has a lot of acnes on his face, and he went to dermatologist. I think he is using some pads everyday, and it makes his face way much better.

If you really have that many problems with your outlooking, some of them can be changed by plastic surgery.

it costs alot and its almost impossible to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom