• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who do you look like? What's your nickname?

As a kid I was called Ribcage because I was very skinny, and Professor because I used big words.
As a teenager I was called Slut because I had no qualms talking about sex or the human body (even though I wasn’t sexually active myself).
As an adolescent my nickname was Count Drunkula after Karen Walker’s alter ego from Will and Grace because I was a fun alcoholic.
These days I no longer have a nickname.
Yes, you do! You're a Taterchip Wiz

Katmoose. My husband calls me this and I don't even know where it came from. My name is Katie and everyone calls me Kat..but the moose part :emojiconfused::sweatsmile:
Are you sure it's not Catmus?

selleck-001.jpg

I've been told on a semi-daily basis since I was 12 years old that I look like Mariah Carey.

Initially, I was happy when she became a success because it meant I finally had a lighter-skinned biracial like myself to look up to, and that the world was changing...

After years of being told I look like her, I honestly wish she had never become a "thing." Especially after having repeatedly experienced being dated for my ethnic makeup/appearance.

My nicknames:
Family - ladybug, kitten, and some unsavory ones I won't repeat here, because my family is ABUSIVE
Friends - trippy
Online - supervixen kitten, vixenk, rollerskate, crunchy

The military is big on nicks. One of the most interesting was not mine, but one of the other guys in our unit in Germany. It went through such evolution over 2 years or so.

George - became
Georgie
Georgie Porgy
Porge
Porge Quoir Pas (pronounced 'Porge Wa Pa')
Uncle Fester

Porge Quoir Pas (pronounced 'Porge Wa Pa')

Is that a play on "pourqoui pas?"

I've never really had a nickname, as my name doesn't lend itself to one and nobody has gotten around to thinking of one that's not based on my name.

There is this one person in a writing group I'm in who calls me Claire Bear sometimes and it always makes me happy when she does.

There's a couple of people said to me I look like Ted Bundy.
I had no idea who he was, so I looked him up.
I look nothing like him.

Then I realised :
It must be the bodies I keep out back.

Thats when i figured nicknames aren't always about who you look like - but what you do.

Anyway, time for me to get digging, I'll just do a quick post.
I hate it when my chores pile up.

Some of you may remember the sitcom 'Cheers'.
Whenever the character 'Norm' came into the bar everyone always shouted 'Norm' and he always had something funny to say,

Now follows the true part, which strangely reflects a part of my life almost 20 years ago now.

Some of my nicknames :

trigger - after a road sweeper on a British sitcom who was particularly stupid.
They didn't realise I was being funny deliberately.
In their defense, I can also be really stupid.

Captain - based on trigger, who was also Roy Rogers horse. This came from a gambler who bet on a horse called the captain.
Spider - From a character in a british soap opera.
trugger - from someone who tried to say my nickname.

My work nickname was a bit different as I wasn't supposed to find out about this one.

'the geek' - you know the type who gain something by calling you names behind your back? That type of thing. Also creative as I wore glasses!

A surreal time, as it seemed that each individual had a different nickname for me, but they also shouted out the name as soon as they saw me - just like they did for Norm.

I wasn't trying to entertain anybody.
I had a blank expressionless face.
Sometimes I raised an eyebrow,maybe that was it. They just went crazy.

'IT'S SPIDER' 'IT'S THE CAPTAIN.'

They didn't really do it for anyone else.

So what were your nicknames and what were they based on?

No replies from serial killers,please. I don't want this to get weird.

:)
My nickname is cereal killer. I'm sort of sorry if I made it weird.

I've had a few nicknames from bullies, a couple not pleasant ones and not ones that I want to mention here.

One was 'why' because the kids stood round me in a circle laughing and jeering at me, and I just stood there and asked 'why?'. Why are you picking on me? I wasn't fat, didn't wear glasses or have red hair or any of the normal things that small kids pick up on and point out. Couldn't understand why I was being singled out, so just stood there and said 'why?'

Another one was 'lipon' (a Greek word, λοιπόν), that I used to say a lot simply because I liked the sound of it.

Another is 'monkey' because I have strange vocal stims.

I look like Cindy Crawford :)

at least I believe I do.
I rarely use a mirror so may go on believing this until evidence points to the contrary :)

at the moment, (memory on low power mode) but,
one nickname from school, used by boys mainly, was "Pirate"

my peers developed bodies that could nurse sextuplets and half a Romanian orphanage,
I had 'a sunken chest' compared to them.

I went to college much later in life.
in my psychology classes I was "Data"
other classes I was "mum" or "Grandma"

- my own children were all at school,
I believe I must have been in full on 'mum-mode', in addition to being much older than most students.

@Fridgemagnetman,
if you need an assist getting rid of the bodies
just give me a shout.
we could put them with mine ?

My husband tends to call me: cabbage patch and when others hear, they look shocked, but I know what he means; he considers me cute and he also considers cabbage patch dolls cute. Doesn't affend me in the least, but many think it ought lol

Oh, he does not go around calling me that; just occasional.

My last name lends itself to infinite nickname variations and that is what usually happened, especially in my school days. Scullinator is one example. In the military my tendency to hike off into nature any chance I got (including during breaks on live bombing ranges :D) got me the nick 'Ranger' but also with the 'Space' connotation.

I've had a few nicknames from bullies, a couple not pleasant ones and not ones that I want to mention here.

One was 'why' because the kids stood round me in a circle laughing and jeering at me, and I just stood there and asked 'why?'. Why are you picking on me? I wasn't fat, didn't wear glasses or have red hair or any of the normal things that small kids pick up on and point out. Couldn't understand why I was being singled out, so just stood there and said 'why?'

Another one was 'lipon' (a Greek word, λοιπόν), that I used to say a lot simply because I liked the sound of it.

Another is 'monkey' because I have strange vocal stims.

Great information is I ever get that job as a bully.

The wages aren't great. I think they rely on people enjoying making feel bad.

I'm sure I had other onesI don't recall.

I'm certainly sure I had other ones behind my back. In a way they're the best ones.

My last name lends itself to infinite nickname variations and that is what usually happened, especially in my school days. Scullinator is one example. In the military my tendency to hike off into nature any chance I got (including during breaks on live bombing ranges :D) got me the nick 'Ranger' but also with the 'Space' connotation.

Scullinator would almost win the thread.

Only I started it,so technically I always win :)

If doesn't count if I don't answer to it, right? (... he said, thereby answering to it)

Seems like you won't let me forget. :laughing:

I only do it as I'm convinced you don't mind.

I know you like numbers and it's the only thing I have ever thought of that is numbers related...

As far as what I look like I have been compared to no one consistently except as a person who 'works there'. Often where ever I went strangers thought I worked there. People ask me the prices of things, ask to see this Christmas tree, and once lined up in front of me at an airport for curbside baggage check-in (I was in my military dress uniform) :D.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom