• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who do you look like? What's your nickname?

As far as what I look like I have been compared to no one consistently except as a person who 'works there'. Often where ever I went strangers thought I worked there. People ask me the prices of things, ask to see this Christmas tree, and once lined up in front of me at an airport for curbside baggage check-in (I was in my military dress uniform) :D.

Actually I once had the hiccoughs at a tea exhibition in Canada,so I had to sit down.

People came up to me assuming I was hosting it, so Imobviously started talking about lapsong souchong.

So it does happen :)

A tea exhibition! I'm so jealous. But I shouldn't complain. Growing up all we had was Lipton bland blend and now so many good teas from England and Ireland are readily available. I do find I drift ever upwards in strength requirements and even double bag on occasion. :oops:

A tea exhibition! I'm so jealous. But I shouldn't complain. Growing up all we had was Lipton bland blend and now so many good teas from England and Ireland are readily available. I do find I drift ever upwards in strength requirements and even double bag on occasion. :oops:

Liptons sound more like cold tea..

Which,as en englishman, I can get arrested for even thinking about trying.

We still have Ringtons tea over here.

Not available in the shops, they have their own tea vans.

Yorkshire tea, you should try for extra strength.

I've seen it a lot in america - mostly Florida. I'm still not sure if that's america or what it is really but they sell it in Publix.

Scullinator Doublebags

Liptons sound more like cold tea..

Which,as en englishman, I can get arrested for even thinking about trying.

We still have Ringtons tea over here.

Not available in the shops, they have their own tea vans.

Yorkshire tea, you should try for extra strength.

I've seen it a lot in america - mostly Florida. I'm still not sure if that's america or what it is really but they sell it in Publix.

Scullinator Doublebags

We are drinking Yorkshire and Barry's lately. My wife stocked up on 10 boxes of Yorkshire recently. Want to be wide awake for the zombie apocalypse.

We are drinking Yorkshire and Barry's lately. My wife stocked up on 10 boxes of Yorkshire recently. Want to be wide awake for the zombie apocalypse.

With Hovis bread (the bread with nowt taken owt)
And Wensleydale cheese

You will have the Yorkshire trinity guaranteeing protection for any zombie apocalypse.

As long as you put t' wood over t'hole

Obviously.

I only do it as I'm convinced you don't mind.

I know you like numbers and it's the only thing I have ever thought of that is numbers related...

I don't mind - It's all in good fun.

My secret "How to NT" manual says I'm supposed to punch you lightly in the arm when you do it. I'll probably miss, though.

I don't mind - It's all in good fun.

My secret "How to NT" manual says I'm supposed to punch you lightly in the arm when you do it. I'll probably miss, though.

Ever raised your arm to do something and hit yourself in the chin?

Hands up?

I mean,has anybody not done that?

When I was 10 and 11 years old, I was particularly disappointed to
hit myself in the face with my knees. This would happen when I sat
down on the floor in the living room.

Colts have my sympathy in this regard.
Having to learn how to control their legs.
upload_2019-7-19_12-52-18.png

I have dropped stuff in the kitchen and whacked my forehead on the kitchen counter as I bent down to pick it up.

As the thing you dropped falls, do you chase after it as it falls?

I trained myself to let things fall to avoid that kind of thing.

I grant you training myself to do other things may have had more benefit :)

As the thing you dropped falls, do you chase after it as it falls?

I trained myself to let things fall to avoid that kind of thing.

I grant you training myself to do other things may have had more benefit :)

I watch where they land, then pick them up. I used to try to catch things as they fall, but I would always wind up just knocking them somewhere worse than at my feet, not seeing where I knocked them, and searching the whole floor on my hands and knees.

I watch where they land, then pick them up. I used to try to catch things as they fall, but I would always wind up just knocking them somewhere worse than at my feet, not seeing where I knocked them, and searching the whole floor on my hands and knees.

Almost guaranteed autistic death.

Used to wear a red cowgirl hat all the time as a toddler, so my nickname was Any O' for awhile. Another was 'eggy' as I would only eat eggs for breakfast and pronounced the word that way. Stick, as a child because I was skinny. Pea, as in sweet pea by my father.
A friend once told me that I looked like someone called Deborah Raffin. Whomever that is.

Last edited:
Lately I'm good at catching stuff that falls out of my hands and catching flies with my hands. I once caught one in mid-air.

Impossible to catch a fly that isn't in mid air..
99,99% of times they see you approaching, its hard to catch them while they're sitting on something. You gotta go round the back and sneak up on the fly! Or swiftly cover them with the hand, or grab them between your fingers. It's scary if you catch them by one wing and they try to escape.

99,99% of times they see you approaching, its hard to catch them while they're sitting on something. You gotta go round the back and sneak up on the fly! Or swiftly cover them with the hand, or grab them between your fingers. It's scary if you catch them by one wing and they try to escape.

I want a video of you catching one with chopsticks.

(Obviously its impressive but I won't say so outside of brackets)

New Threads

Top Bottom