• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who do you look like? What's your nickname?

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
There's a couple of people said to me I look like Ted Bundy.
I had no idea who he was, so I looked him up.
I look nothing like him.

Then I realised :
It must be the bodies I keep out back.

Thats when i figured nicknames aren't always about who you look like - but what you do.

Anyway, time for me to get digging, I'll just do a quick post.
I hate it when my chores pile up.

Some of you may remember the sitcom 'Cheers'.
Whenever the character 'Norm' came into the bar everyone always shouted 'Norm' and he always had something funny to say,

Now follows the true part, which strangely reflects a part of my life almost 20 years ago now.

Some of my nicknames :

trigger - after a road sweeper on a British sitcom who was particularly stupid.
They didn't realise I was being funny deliberately.
In their defense, I can also be really stupid.

Captain - based on trigger, who was also Roy Rogers horse. This came from a gambler who bet on a horse called the captain.
Spider - From a character in a british soap opera.
trugger - from someone who tried to say my nickname.

My work nickname was a bit different as I wasn't supposed to find out about this one.

'the geek' - you know the type who gain something by calling you names behind your back? That type of thing. Also creative as I wore glasses!

A surreal time, as it seemed that each individual had a different nickname for me, but they also shouted out the name as soon as they saw me - just like they did for Norm.

I wasn't trying to entertain anybody.
I had a blank expressionless face.
Sometimes I raised an eyebrow,maybe that was it. They just went crazy.

'IT'S SPIDER' 'IT'S THE CAPTAIN.'

They didn't really do it for anyone else.

So what were your nicknames and what were they based on?

No replies from serial killers,please. I don't want this to get weird.

:)

There's a couple of people said to me I look like Ted Bundy.

No replies from serial killers, please. I don't want this to get weird.

Dude, it's too late for that. Let's just hope you don't also drive a Volkswagen. :p

My nickname? As a small child my one of my father's best friends named me "Judge". Because I tended to pace with a serious look on my face with my hands in my pockets. Cute I suppose to adults at the age of five.

Which unknown to me at the time was one of my stims. I use this old nickname because it seems to so appropriate in an autistic community. :cool:

In college some of the dorm people referred to me as "Space Cowboy". My bad. :oops:

Last edited:
"Misery", mainly. I started using the name somewhat at random a few years ago, after getting frustrated trying to come up with a name on some forum or other. I was told so many times over the course of two weeks that "it really fits you" that I just stuck with it. As did everyone else. I'm even credited by that name in the couple of games I've worked on. I use this name everywhere.

"Bridget" is another one. I wont go into why.

There's other names I've used frequently in some places of course. Zeiram, Enchu, Chara, and Armitage, which all have various reasons behind them, but I dont think they are strong enough to be called nicknames.

Oh, and now that I think about it, "Rosette". I didnt come up with that one. The reason behind that one always irked me... anyone calling me that in person can expect to have a random object launched at them shortly after. Even if it did technically make sense. I wont go into what the reason was. Blasted morons, the lot of them.

First nickname was Vampire because I fell and lost my top four front baby teeth leaving only my canine or eye teeth.
Then in high school it was Grub worm because I was a punk rocker....Never really made the connection but it didn't bother me.
In the USMC it was Tex because of where I was from.
I am not upset by nicknames just don't call me late for dinner or it will be time for ME to start digging. :yum:

"Misery", mainly. I started using the name somewhat at random a few years ago, after getting frustrated trying to come up with a name on some forum or other. I was told so many times over the course of two weeks that "it really fits you" that I just stuck with it. As did everyone else. I'm even credited by that name in the couple of games I've worked on. I use this name everywhere.

"Bridget" is another one. I wont go into why.

There's other names I've used frequently in some places of course. Zeiram, Enchu, Chara, and Armitage, which all have various reasons behind them, but I dont think they are strong enough to be called nicknames.

Oh, and now that I think about it, "Rosette". I didnt come up with that one. The reason behind that one always irked me... anyone calling me that in person can expect to have a random object launched at them shortly after. Even if it did technically make sense. I wont go into what the reason was. Blasted morons, the lot of them.

What about Daria?

As a kid lion cub by my dad cause I liked head and back pats.

Moe by my current boyfriend, because moe. It kinda pissed me cause they often seem silly and naive, smiley creatures. I threw something at him.

Big foot by self cause I can't often find shoes in the lady section.

Friend said that I looked like an actress before but I can't remember her name anymore, also that I should be a model cause I'm very tall compared to my countrymen. I was invited to a contest for modeling but didn't participate.

Goats by neighbour since we jumped a lot down the stairs and outside. My friend cried bc of it, but i laughed.

Frog bc I jumped the highest from the kids in the area over an elastic band. Maybe stomach length sometimes higher with speed. Almost crashed into a car cause i took more steps after the jump.

The beauty but highschool classmate got mad said im ugly to stop calling me that. I won 2nd place beauty contest in high. My deskmate defended me, it was the only time someone did. We were best friends, well respected except by afew miserable bullies. I honestly thought they were mocking me by calling me beauty, who knows. The most annoying girl invented it, shevd tease me sometimes until one day i snapped and cussed her, but having had earphones on i just said i didn't know what she said and apologized. But she said not to worry about it.

Furry by boyfriend because complaining about my PCOS caused hisssrutism.

As a kid lion cub by my dad cause I liked head and back pats.

Moe by my current boyfriend, because moe. It kinda pissed me cause they often seem silly and naive, smiley creatures. I threw something at him.

Big foot by self cause I can't often find shoes in the lady section.

Friend said that I looked like an actress before but I can't remember her name anymore, also that I should be a model cause I'm very tall compared to my countrymen. I was invited to a contest for modeling but didn't participate.

Goats by neighbour since we jumped a lot down the stairs and outside. My friend cried bc of it, but i laughed.

Frog bc I jumped the highest from the kids in the area over an elastic band. Maybe stomach length sometimes higher with speed. Almost crashed into a car cause i took more steps after the jump.

The beauty but highschool classmate got mad said im ugly to stop calling me that. I won 2nd place beauty contest in high. My deskmate defended me, it was the only time someone did. We were best friends, well respected except by afew miserable bullies. I honestly thought they were mocking me by calling me beauty, who knows. The most annoying girl invented it, shevd tease me sometimes until one day i snapped and cussed her, but having had earphones on i just said i didn't know what she said and apologized. But she said not to worry about it.

Furry by boyfriend because complaining about my PCOS caused hisssrutism.

that's a really good list :)

I never really had a nickname when I was young, although I was called weirdo more than a few times. Now days I have few nicknames. People who know of me, but do not really know me, call me "That weird, old, smart guy." As in " Call what's his name, you know, that weird, old, smart guy. He will fix it."

Some of the workers at Cheese World have taken to calling me Oly, short for old Lee.

My favorite nicknames come from my family. My wife never calls me by my given name. It is usually "Sweetheart" and sometimes "Darling". "Dad" is a really good one. I really like "Grandpa" as well.

Frig, I understand your problem. As a Aspie, it is hard for me to get any friends, much less one that will help you hide a body.

Last edited:
I've no clue who I look like. no one's ever really said anything about my appearance and any uncanny/look-a-like/spitting image looks to anyone in particular.

My one grandpa's nickname for me was Isadoor (which is where my name on here comes from).

When I was younger I couldn't hear or see all too well, so I'd be right in front of the TV when he'd be watching hockey (He was an avid hockey fan) and he's be trying to yell at me to get out of the way, but because of how loud the TV was, I never could hear him :p

"He's not a Window, so he's gotta be a Door"

He passed away suddenly by Heart Attack in 2015. I wasn't too close to him, but my brother was (he lived with him and my grandma for a fairly long time). Where our house is, for the moment, is right near where their old house is actually, literally down the street. During one of the house showings last month I went to see what was different about it and not a whole lot really. Just new paint and maybe a little fence.

As a kid I was called Ribcage because I was very skinny, and Professor because I used big words.
As a teenager I was called Slut because I had no qualms talking about sex or the human body (even though I wasn’t sexually active myself).
As an adolescent my nickname was Count Drunkula after Karen Walker’s alter ego from Will and Grace because I was a fun alcoholic.
These days I no longer have a nickname.

My mum reckons I look like football manager Pep Guardiola. I can see a resemblance, if only slight. In primary school they mostly called me 'half dead' since I was so quiet. The name which has always been constant throughout my life has been a diminutive form of my first name, but I'm sure people have secretly come up with some horrible nicknames for me though.

As a kid I was called Ribcage because I was very skinny, and Professor because I used big words.
As a teenager I was called Slut because I had no qualms talking about sex or the human body (even though I wasn’t sexually active myself).
As an adolescent my nickname was Count Drunkula after Karen Walker’s alter ego from Will and Grace because I was a fun alcoholic.
These days I no longer have a nickname.

Just bolletje sounds like a sneeze so that counts...

Great names

Katmoose. My husband calls me this and I don't even know where it came from. My name is Katie and everyone calls me Kat..but the moose part :emojiconfused::sweatsmile:

No nicknames that stuck for more than a few months. "Brain" by one of our administrators at work. "Perfessor" once at summer camp (age 10). "Egghead" by schoolmates that same year. My father called me "magpie" and "bottomless pit" for a while, because of my teenage appetite.

An executive over my department called me "The Wolf" once, in reference to the Pulp Fiction character that comes in, fixes the problem, and leaves. I wish that nickname stuck.

The only other nicknames are variations of my name used only by my wife and one very close friend. Because of that, they carry some affection. An executive at work (over a different department) once used the nickname and it just about set me off - he was someone I really couldn't stand and in my mind, he was absolutely not allowed to use that term of endearment.

No nicknames that stuck for more than a few months. "Brain" by one of our administrators at work. "Perfessor" once at summer camp (age 10). "Egghead" by schoolmates that same year. My father called me "magpie" and "bottomless pit" for a while, because of my teenage appetite.

An executive over my department called me "The Wolf" once, in reference to the Pulp Fiction character that comes in, fixes the problem, and leaves. I wish that nickname stuck.

The only other nicknames are variations of my name used only by my wife and one very close friend. Because of that, they carry some affection. An executive at work (over a different department) once used the nickname and it just about set me off - he was someone I really couldn't stand and in my mind, he was absolutely not allowed to use that term of endearment.

You forgot my nickname for,you...

If,you recall the thread ")

My dad nicknamed all his kids. I was Poo, shortened from Nanki Poo from the Mikado opera. That sometimes became Poodie also. But no one outside my family ever knew it or used it. Friends usually call me Nan as my name is Nancy.

New Threads

Top Bottom