• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your style?

Daydreamer

Scatterbrained Creative
When it comes to how I dress, I often like patterns with butterflies, cats, dream catchers, owls, or elephants. My clothes are often loose fitting and comfy. There is typically a somewhat bohemian, laid back vibe to the way I dress.

Perhaps this is partly why I get called a bit strange, but there's probably other reasons that contribute to that impression. Whenever I ask people why they think of me that way (purely out of curiosity), I usually get vague answers.

When it comes to colours, I am often drawn to the more muted pastel based variety. Especially a slow fade purple and blue pastel gradient.

I also like items with beach related prints on them. Flannel and denim as well.

How about you? :)

Last edited:
Well together with the warpaint hoodie, black fur-lined trainers, beaded beard and big bear on a t-shirt, I guess I'm the viking-type guy.

To quote the late great Bruce Lee, "My style? You could call it the art of fighting, without fighting" :D

Comfortable, loose-fitting, practical. I like comfortable jeans , corduroys, and long shorts. I likectershirts, bottom down shirts, and sweatshirts. I will only wear socks made by one company.

No nylons, no make-up, no pure polyester ever. There are some textures that I intensely dislike and won't touch them, nevermind wear them.

Mostly I prefer cotton and some flannels.

I get my button down shirts from second-hand stores because I hate stiff clothing.

Shoes have to be sturdy and pitch in to each other when holding them on my hands.

No wool or cashmere either.

I do like plaids and will mix them with other patterns occasionally if the colirs go together.

And I like certain hats.

I am old enough not to care a whole lot about whether or not others find that I dress in a sort of uniform way.

I have to be able to move.

I mostly like hippie styles, gypsy, native American look or jeans with t shirt under flannel shirt. I've been called eclectic though in the past. I just like what I like. (And I prefer faded colors, but hardly any yellows or oranges.)

I prefer Purple/Violet colours with a plain pattern and/or colours that are quite similar.
I did just began exploring what my style is, so it is quite vague at the moment.

Steel toe capped boots (for invisible toe stimming ;) ) loose, black jeans and any one of 100s of Sci-Fi themed t-shirts. Usually a hat of some sort or a bandana. And of course I'm permanently beardy and bespectacled :)
At home it's jim-jams all day long.

I mostly like hippie styles, gypsy, native American look or jeans with t shirt under flannel shirt. I've been called eclectic though in the past. I just like what I like. (And I prefer faded colors, but hardly any yellows or oranges.)
This fits the way I have pictured you to appear ! : )

If possible, I would only use shorts. But as it is not, I prefer as comfortable clothes as and when possible. At work I usually use jeans and a collar shirt (blue or gray) because I have to. Luckily a suit or tie is not required. I hate those.

I feel the best wearing gray, blue or black clothes.

I remember seeing a tv show where they come in and go through your wardrobe, tossing stuff and getting you a whole new wardrobe/look. I would be hanging onto my clothes so tight and saying yuck to anything they'd be picking out for me. Nooooo - I want my comfort clothes that says Pats. :)

I remember seeing a tv show where they come in and go through your wardrobe, tossing stuff and getting you a whole new wardrobe/look. I would be hanging onto my clothes so tight and saying yuck to anything they'd be picking out for me. Nooooo - I want my comfort clothes that says Pats. :)
I haven't seen a show like that for clothing, but, I have, for dwellings.

Indeed, I am with you. I don't, nor would I ever, feel comfortable, simply wearing clothes that happen to appeal to another person, or the general public, or what is 'in style', etcetra. Not only do my clothes have to be comfortably fitted, but, I have to feel authentic to who I am, or I will not be able to properly function.

Last edited:
For many years I worked in a profession where a suit was the expected mode of dress. I never felt comfortable with it but I adapted to my own preferred look and cut. The best thing was when I went to Thailand and had some suits tailored for me in both fabrics and styles I liked (straight cut waistcoats, 3/4 length jackets, generous fit...
Unfortunately middle age has caused me to expand somewhat, but then I no longer wear suits to work ;)

Practicality is #1 in my style. Short hair, no styling required. Jeans or overalls (because they have pockets) and a t-shirt. If I'm feeling fancy, I might wear earrings, but that's about as dressed up as I get. I do have an affinity for graphic t-shirts, especially ones with unusual prints. Oh, and I wear crocs all summer, and hiking boots all winter. And NEVER makeup.

Comfortable, loose-fitting, practical. I like comfortable jeans , corduroys, and long shorts. I likectershirts, bottom down shirts, and sweatshirts. I will only wear socks made by one company.

No nylons, no make-up, no pure polyester ever. There are some textures that I intensely dislike and won't touch them, nevermind wear them.

Mostly I prefer cotton and some flannels.

I get my button down shirts from second-hand stores because I hate stiff clothing.

Shoes have to be sturdy and pitch in to each other when holding them on my hands.

No wool or cashmere either.

I do like plaids and will mix them with other patterns occasionally if the colirs go together.

And I like certain hats.

I am old enough not to care a whole lot about whether or not others find that I dress in a sort of uniform way.

I have to be able to move.

Sounds similar to my style.

Because it's hot here most of the year and my style is casual, I usually wear cotton cargo bermuda shorts
or capri leggings with a graphic tee. Don't like belts. Need stretchy waist bands to be comfy.
Athletic type sandels or sneakers.
I don't like the feel of hats or caps.

In the cooler weather it's soft athletic type pants, sneakers and thermal cotton henley or soft knit sweaters
and graphic sweatshirts.

Straight hair, some powder and lip gloss if going out in public, a watch and maybe a ring or necklace
if I'm feeling like it.

Caftans at night to watch TV or lounging around house. And nothing for sleeping.

My style is casual, comfortable and inconspicuous.

In terms of colours they're almost always dark. Usually black, grey and variants of blue.

I've never been one to dress to impress.

Casual, fitting, comfortable. Almost always will find me in a t-shirt and jeans (but the moment I don't "have" to be in jeans, I'm in my softest PJs or shorts, depending on season). As I age I've simplified. I strongly prefer solid colors fitting tees (but they must be soft, light in fabric, and stretchy with NO POCKET! lol). Usually go for cool to earthy tones (muted blues and greens) and when I'm feeling "bold" I'll wear bright red, burgundy or light blue. I don't give it much thought though. I'm more of a grab and go kind of guy.

My best kept secret is my Wrangler jeans. They're basically elastic they're so flexible. Jeans feel "fatiguing" to me after a while, but I can wear my stretchy Wranglers all day. I irritate my (soon to be ex) wife in an amusing way by always quoting the Wrangler commercials in a southern accent. "Real. Comfortable. Jeans."

If its more of a formal thing, I'll toss over a nice button up collared long sleeve shirt (solid color, like burgundy, or striped, like greys or blues). If its chilly, I'm all about comfort. Hoodies all the way. Can't stand wool sweaters or turtlenecks, btw. Bane of my existence.

Hair well trimmed and kept short, a black or grey t-shirt (nothing fancy, edgy, cutesy or attention grabbing), baseball cap, denim jeans and sporty, comfortable shoes. A little variation here and there depending on the situation, but that's how I roll. Everyone else can have their swag if they want it, I just want comfort and consistency.

Since I've got a higher tolerance for winter weather, I avoid heavy coats or protection of any sort from the cold unless it's absolutely unbearable outside. Same with summer weather, I absolutely refuse to wear shorts or lighter clothing to keep the heat off.

Last edited:
Jeans, flannels with a t shirt below, workboots. Year round. Multiple layers of flannels in winter. Possibly just the t shirt on the hottest days of summer. No shorts or golf type shirts. Simple layered hair. Shave with clippers until it grows for a few weeks, repeat. Nothing that I will worry about getting dirty since I'm almost always working on something. I do have a suede coat that I got over 20 years ago and only wear for special occassions, but the rest of the outfit still remains.

New Threads

Top Bottom