• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your style?

I guess peeps would say my style is a bit (or very) hippyish and/or very feminine. Very nature inspired colours and designs. I like spirals, leaves, feathers, swirly colour designs, deep tones - deep reds, purples, greens, browns, earthy ochre oranges and pinks, blues, teal (like Australian outback tones, I am a true blue Aussie :)) .

I used to wear more tight fitting stuff when I had the figure to show off, but am currently experiencing a tad of middle-age spread so - more loose, adjustable and flowy styles now.

I have curly, goldeny-brown shoulder length hair that I wear down, mostly, and I like hoop earrings, maybe due to the "gypsy" Romany blood that I suspect I carry traces of?

One of the nicest appearance compliments I ever received was from a guy that picked me up hitch hiking, about five/six years ago, he said I was "curly, curvy and gorgeous".

Alas my forties have hit and so has my muffin top, but I have great gym plans for this year. I am typical of Aspie/Auties in that I still appear much younger than I actually am. One of the upsides.:).

One of my favourite jackets, these days is a zip up cotton hoody, with a pointy fey style hood, burgundy, with orange embroided spirals on.either side and pockets.

I used to wear a corduroy, brown, Asian style "fisherman" jacket, that I loved to death.

I like dark red or black or brown leather boots in winter and flip flop style contoured-for-feet black slip-ons in.summery weather, which is mostly all year round here.

i'm like some fusion of grunge/goth/skater punk. i like super baggy, but i wear skinny jeans and fitted hoodies too sometimes. and besides whatever graphics or logos are on there, all my clothes and footwear are black. long black hair. i only wear silver jewelry. black or purple nail varnish.

Spock: "Style, captain? For what purpose?"
Kirk: Yes, Spock. To have a certain sense of panache."
Spock: "Humans are a strange lot."
Kirk: "Never mind, Spock."
Kirk: "Why Spock, did you just roll your eyes?"
Spock: "Certainly not, captain."
Kirk: "Liar."
Spock: ":oops:".

Trying to balance psychological and physical comfort some personality and physical size colour varies depending on if I have a really bad dehydration darker colours or lighter very muted yellow green barest hint of orange or pink

Style? Hahaha! I mostly want to be comfortable and not stand out. Fit and texture are more important than color or "vibe". Neat and tidy but inobvious.

Currently my style is “January”
- t-shirt topped with old holey beige cashmere sweater, cut-off grey sweat pants and soft calf length suede boots

@Forest Cat , I thought this was your style :p
20220127_122334.jpg

I like to be comfortable when I’m not working. Looser fitting shirts and tee shirts are what I like to wear. When I perform in drag, my drag aesthetic is 80s pop star retro complete with bright colors and accessories and gloves.

Shorts and tank tops/sleeveless shirts primarily. However, shorts must hit above the knee, and no white undershirts, sometimes sold as "A-shirts"--I hate those. If I have to dress up for anything, church mainly, short-sleeved polo shirt and dress slacks. Going outdoors in cold weather; track pants and plain short-sleeved shirt or tank top with a jacket, which I hate, because I absolutely hate long sleeves.

New Threads

Top Bottom