• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your Favorite Movies & Why?

I hated Titanic and Sound of Music. :) When my youngest daughter was still at home she'd ask if I wanted to sit down and watch a movie with her and I'd say I was too busy. She knew if she put in one of three movies, though, I would end up sitting down and watching it with her. Usually is was "Tombstone", sometimes it would be "Independence Day" or "Jurrassic Park". But I also love "The Postman" - Kevin Costner plays such a good role - I like heroes that don't know they're heroes. And one of my all time favorites is "The WAR" with Elijah Wood and Keven Costner again playing a meek and humble dad. If anyone has not seen this movie, I strongly suggest it. It'll make you laugh and cry.

Our son's private home video movie that he wanted to create about saving our "plant," after he was being both serious and silly with his just purchased "save our planet" hat, and decided to take out the e of planet to create a home movie about our dying plant.

This is because a day earlier our youngest son broke a small plant in a local store after he pulled it off the display table, with the pot shattering to pieces, and the soil and ceramic spilling all over the floor, which I helped clean up before the store workers all scrambled near.

After putting the pottery pieces and rest of the plant and broken clumps of soil in my small shopping basket the clerk was nice to say, "You know you do not have to buy that" but as I felt we were responsible for that damage, I decided to purchase it anyway.

Anyway, Aaron put on his new hat the next day, after buying it because it reminded him of the "Heal the World" song that he liked singing, then looked at the words on the front, and asked me where the plant was. I asked him why. He said he wanted to save our green planet, and wanted to make a video of it.

I thought that was not only nice of him to want to help in that way, but it showed both his creativity, imagination and logic in thinking of relating the two ideas together, and thinking of a way to save the planet and the plant at the same time, with plants being part of this planet.

So, I charged up our small handheld video camera, went outside with this son, and captured him as he proceeded to do whatever his mind was telling him to do on this day and at that moment, with regards to his actions and spoken words, and any unique behavior or feeling expressed.

While we will keep this video private, because of his age combined with the informal nature of it and the home setting, I will summarize and say this home movie not only shows this son finding a perfect place to plant this plant, with him digging a whole, putting it in, and watering it, but he analyzes, informs & explains everything down to the last detail.

Like he explains in detail why he chose a certain area for the plant, the dangers that could occur if he did not do things certain ways, why even one plant could make a huge difference to mankind and animalkind, and he proceeded to talk using technical terms, about all the processes involved.

So, in general, I just think the best videos or movies can be made with our own imagination, or in our own unique and creative ways. Who cares if they win awards, are very popular, or are perfectly edited. They are real clips of what we thought, felt, dreamed of, or did at that time, and it shows who we were or are, or want to be.

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Very good classic adventure movie. Great characters, sets, music, costumes, effects etc.

On any Sunday. It was made in 1972 and is about motorcycles and motorcycle racing. I was 26 at the time and I was doing a lot of racing. I saw it three times at the theater. When VCRs first came out I got a copy of it. Now I have it on DVD. The last couple of times that I watched it was on YouTube. I watch it at least once a year.

My favorite movies are Prince of Egypt, Inside Out, Gattaca, Total Recall (the old one), Zootopia, and Lilo & Stitch.

Terminator 1 and 2, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Terminator 3, 4 and 5 sucked, but apparently they're doing Terminator 6.

My favorite would have to be Lonesome Dove. There are four parts to this movie but I enjoyed them all. I still go back and watch the bartender scene sometimes. Most movies with Robert Duvall in it are going to be good.

o...o...o and Napolean Dynamite and
Gentlemen broncos

Does anyone know any good anime stuff? I remember watching ghost in the shell and and Akira really enjoyed it, but every other anime type film seem nowhere near as good, any suggestions?
Alita: Battle Angel.
This is not usually my genre of movie---
but it was outstanding.
I highly recommend this film.

It premiers here in the states Feb 14, premiered in the U.K. on the 6th.
Oops.
Now I've done it.

New Threads

Top Bottom