• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your Favorite Movies & Why?

how to train your dragon 1/2,the black balloon,clockwork mice,the cat returns, battle royale,the snowman and the snow dog,the purge,the ringer,hostel,watership down,team america;world police,that darn cat,secret life of pets....yeah thats it.

i like AI to,is that the one with will smith?

I thought Team America was crap to be honest, I mean it did what it set out to do, be an adult version of Thunderbirds with bad words and extreme Puppet based sex and violence, but I thought it was all a bit "tacked on" to be honest.

I quite like science fiction movies, all 7 Star Wars movies for instance, even though the world and his dog complained about Phantom Menace because of Jar Jar Binks lol.

I like musicals as well, Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is still one of the greatest stories ever told to music IMHO.

Carry On Up The Khyber
Duck Soup
A Fish Called Wanda
The Full Monty
Good Bye Lenin!
Hotel Rwanda
Kind Hearts and Coronets
L.A. Story
Office Space
Rat Race
Shallow Grave
The Wizard of Oz

how to train your dragon 1/2,the black balloon,clockwork mice,the cat returns, battle royale,the snowman and the snow dog,the purge,the ringer,hostel,watership down,team america;world police,that darn cat,secret life of pets....yeah thats it.

i like AI to,is that the one with will smith?
Nah, AI was Speilburg.. I don't know any of the actors.. mother lost a child and had an android to replace him... and programmed to love. The movie messes with your head, makes you question things.

Team America was supposed to be crap! LOL. Good one liners in it, though. They did a good job satirizing Hans Blix and the U.N.! and of course the U.S.'s foreign policy.... how we seem to just blow everything up and then ask the world for thanks! ... F'ing funny, I thought!

Nah, AI was Speilburg.. I don't know any of the actors.. mother lost a child and had an android to replace him... and programmed to love. The movie messes with your head, makes you question things.
ah right, it sounds like the same one im thinking of-does the android child get thrown out in the woods and chased by some... i dont know, android killers? i have a terrible memory of it for some reason,unsual for me.

Team America was supposed to be crap! LOL. Good one liners in it, though. They did a good job satirizing Hans Blix and the U.N.! and of course the U.S.'s foreign policy.... how we seem to just blow everything up and then ask the world for thanks! ... F'ing funny, I thought!
thankyou!i thought i was the only one who liked it.i got it for £1 on second hand dvd and have watched it many times,a good deal methinks.

yes it was very political,i love matt stone and trey parkers piss taking.

conspiracy of hearts
the enchanted cottage
Erin Brockovich
the theory of everything
snow white (1939)
twilight
new moon
lorenzos oil
the hound of the baskervilles 1940?

My favourite is and always was the 'Gladiator', with 'Last Samurai' and 'Last Mohican' as close seconds. From animated I enjoy 'Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron' the most.

I haven't even thought about the gladiator in about 7 years. I just got off work, I'm about to watch that.

Corpse Bride
The Lion King
The Land Before Time (first film only)
Mulan
Brave
The Madoka Magica trilogy (Beginnings, Eternal & Rebellion)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
9 (animated film by Shane Acker)

Hey all just brainstorming for new things to watch and thought maybe we could help each other out. For me, it's a hard decision, but I am going to go with American Beauty. I've always liked the movie, but since I am approaching the same age as the main character in the movie, I'm finding a lot of similarities between myself Lester Burnham. Hopefully my story doesn't end as tragically though.

A close second is Pay it Forward, its a beautiful movie with an awesome message, but sad.

Third is K-Pax, a lot of times I feel like Prote.
As you can tell I'm a huge Kevin Spacey fan haha.

Anyways, if you have the time, I'm game for any suggestions! Thanks!

The Sound of Music- the romance, the music, the nostalgia
The Kings Speech- inspirational story of courage and perserverence
Falling Down- poignant and hysterically funny
The Lives of Others- deeply moving, good ending
Revolver- I like the philosophical/psychological angle
Porko Rosso- just fun, and intelligent and engaging anime
A Christmas Carol- moving and inspirational, a classic
March of the Penguins- A tale of true grit

Last edited:
The Sound of Music- the romance, the music, the nostalgia
The Kings Speech- inspirational story of courage and perserverence
Falling Down- poignant and hysterically funny
The Lives of Others- deeply moving, good ending
Revolver- I like the philosophical/psychological angle
Porko Rosso- just fun, and intelligent and engaging anime
A Christmas Carol- moving and inspirational, a classic
March of the Penguins- A tale of true grit
Thanks! I haven't seen most of those, other than March of the Penguins (great) and The Sound of Music. I will check them out!

Fight Club.
As a teenager I never understood why everyone around me was so busy making money and working and buying things. This was the first time I realized I didn't have to do it that way (though maybe not the best example). And Brad Pitt is hot IMO.

Second would be Memento.
Third American Beauty.

New Threads

Top Bottom