• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your Favorite Movies & Why?

qwerty

Sight seeing on the planet of the apes
V.I.P Member
What are some of your favorite movies, that have left an impression on you.
I remember movies that I watched over and over again in my teens that I knew word for word.
So what are some of your favs..

Rocky horror picture show
Star wars
The man who fell to earth
Highlander (only the first one, the rest are bleerrrgh)
Yellowbeard
Hair
Jesus christ superstar
Imitation of christ
Life of Brian
Bananas
Sleeper
Love and death
The wall
Amelie
Natural born killers
Pulp fiction
Armageddon now
Dear hunter
Everything by David Lynch
Aliens
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
A Clockwork Orange
Baraka, first and second
The great rock n roll swindle

Easy rider
Everything by the Comicstrip presents.... Probably the most influential

These are the ones that pop into my head straight away, but there are heaps more.
What are your Favs?

The Little Princess
The Wizard of Oz
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Birdcage
To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
It Happened One Night
Batteries Not Included
Land of Point
Yellow Submarine
Little Miss Sunshine
A Thousand Clowns
Short Circuit
Marx brothers stuff
The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete
Arsenic and Old Lace
Harold Lloyd stuff
Napoleon Dynamite
Born Yesterday
The Goodbye Girl

Last edited:
o...o...o and Napolean Dynamite and
Gentlemen broncos

Does anyone know any good anime stuff? I remember watching ghost in the shell and and Akira really enjoyed it, but every other anime type film seem nowhere near as good, any suggestions?

I like Eat-Man.
The concept is appealing to me.

"Eat-Man is a series of short, episodic stories about an "explorer" (a type of mercenary job) named Bolt Crank, who has the ability to eat virtually anything, and can then produce from his body at will any object he has consumed. Eat-Man's world is a mix of high tech futurist...and fairy tale."
Eat-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats what was annoying me about finding decent anime, everything seemed to have young looking big eyed girls showing their grundies all the time. I need help finding better story and art driven anime.

Thats what was annoying me about finding decent anime, everything seemed to have young looking big eyed girls showing their grundies all the time. I need help finding better story and art driven anime.

Yes.
I have a relative who is really into anime, manga, and figures.
I will ask him for recommendations.
He will have some, with summaries/details/comments.

So this is what he thought you might enjoy:

"Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works" is pretty decent in not being that
Gungrave---grounded similarly to Ghost in the Shell".

Last edited:
Space Odyssey 2001
Napoleon Dynamite
Life of Brian
The Truman Show
Planet of the Apes
Wall-e

A link to the full movie: A Thousand Clowns

Chuckles the Chipmunk is
portrayed by a truly cringe-worthy character.

The time sequence of the romance really confused me
at first. I thought they were knowing each other for
several months...during those shots of places they
went/things they did.

I find grundies an amusing term. I can't tell exactly what it means, but I'm sure it's very apt. I'm put off from checking out new animes for similar reasons. I've found some (tv shows, sorry, not movies) that were very enjoyable. And others that I disliked for the same reasons I dislike a lot of western media: too much fan service and blowing things up in place of decent story or premise.

I find grundies an amusing term. I can't tell exactly what it means, but I'm sure it's very apt. I'm put off from checking out new animes for similar reasons. I've found some (tv shows, sorry, not movies) that were very enjoyable. And others that I disliked for the same reasons I dislike a lot of western media: too much fan service and blowing things up in place of decent story or premise.

I looked it up when OP first mentioned it.
Grundies - The Underwear Expert

I looked it up when OP first mentioned it.
Grundies - The Underwear Expert
Australian flavor what you’re cravin’? Then look no further — Grundies has you covered. Oz is known as a country where men can freely flaunt their wares in the open and Grundies Underwear allows every man – no matter the continent – to take pride in their property.

Oh-my-GIF.gif

Most of Jim Carrey's early movies except Cable Guy.
The Shawshank Redemption
Castaway
Equilibrium
The Matrix (the first one only)
Die Hard with a Vengeance
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Batman Begins
Blood Diamond
Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
Underworld (first one only)
The Untouchables
The Actors
Forest Gump
Napoleon Dynamite

Saw franchise

Childs play trilogy

bride of chucky
seeds of chucky
curse of chucky

the green mile
The ring (one and two)
The grudge

All of the scary movie
jackass
South park the movie

Funky forest (I recommend everyone to watch this)

and yeah. I'm a horror movie bloke, but I like comedy as well

Carry On Up The Khyber
A Fish Called Wanda
The Full Monty
Good Bye Lenin!
Hotel Rwanda
Kind Hearts and Coronets
L.A. Story
Office Space
Rat Race
Shallow Grave
The Wizard of Oz

A fun topic.... I just finished Edward Scissorhands. I remember it touching me so much when I was young.... still does. I identified so much with him! Every time he tried to touch someone, he hurt them. ... others: A.I., .... so deep.. Stone... such a cool view of the world. Fight Club... and American Beauty. What are yours?

New Threads

Top Bottom